4.0 out of 5 stars Free Avery software for Mac no good for this size label
Published on 23 Dec. 2010 by Schnizzel

2.0 out of 5 stars Incomprehensible!
I used Avery's own formatted template for this product found online and discovered that on printing the label sheet the position of the words on the labels varied down the sheet so that about a third had the tops of letters clipped. Some of these were still useable though untidy, some were unuseable and wasted.
Published on 7 Aug. 2012 by Keith Dunn

4.0 out of 5 stars Free Avery software for Mac no good for this size label, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Avery Mini Labels Inkjet 40 per Sheet 45.7x25.4mm White - Ref J8654-25 (1000 Labels) (Office Product)
The labels are great but I was very disappointed by the software. I downloaded the mac version which took up a huge chunk of the computer's memory and took forever to download. And guess what? I couldn't use it because this particular label size and code did not match anything in the list provided by the program. So I put the program in the trash and hoped it was gone. I have managed very well without it by using the Pages software that came with the Mac, creating a table and just putting the label measurements in the right places. I didn't want to merge any lists with Mail or Address Book anyway which is apparently the main advantage of the software if you happen to buy labels which are on the list. Look on the Avery site for other people's experiences of these programs. Very mixed reviews. I had the same problem with another size label i bought at the same time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Incomprehensible!, 7 Aug. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd Size, Odd Software, But Good Labels, 5 April 2012
L Howles (Littleborough, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I got these labels to mark up some document storage boxes and have been quite happy with them so far.

Firstly, you get an absolute tonne of them, and frankly I don't think I'll ever get through this one box.

They are a slightly odd size, though. Ideally they're for return labels on envelopes, but of course can be used for a number of other things too.

The software that you can download from the Avery website is clever - it takes you through, step by step, creating labels, but I found it a little fiddly. In the end, I just downloaded one of the Microsoft Word template documents for these labels and that works great.

One problem I have with them is that they will only stick to flat surfaces. I tried one out on the bottom of a jar that had a concave surface (a spice jar), and the label simply fell off.

Other than that, these are a solid label, like all Avery offerings. The document templates on the website are perfect and printing and using is as easy as can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for return address labels., 18 Dec. 2012
These have been a great buy. We have lost touch with a few friend from old and since we have used address labels on the Christmas cards, we have had a return from the Royal Mail. It will save us sending another card next year! Great print quality, we even added a picture to the addess which looks great. Very easy to set up on the PC/printer, if you don't have the template on Microsoft Office, there is a download (directions with the pack) which can be used. Very impressed.

1.0 out of 5 stars NIce labels, disastrous templates, 1 Jan. 2014
Andrew Dawson (Ghiffa Italy) - See all my reviews
Like a previous reviewer, I used Avery's formatted template for this product but upon printing the label sheet the position of the words on the labels moved up and down and clipped the top or bottom of the text. I tried in every way to mitigate this problem but without success. Totally unsatisfactory as it renders the product almost unusable.
Andrew Dawson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good labels; somewhat on the expensive side, 15 Nov. 2014
I've used these labels quite regularly for a number of years. They are of good quality, and the box they come in is convenient for storing the labels both before and after printing. They're a bit expensive, though, compared to unbranded ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 27 May 2013
Excellent product and is as described in every way. Print takes well to page and does not smudge. I use these without a problem on a regular basis

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, 13 Jun. 2013
As adevertised, how can you review an item that is meant to be used for a purpose of mailing lables, they fit the printer etc etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 22 Nov. 2013
Fully functional product. I would highly recommend these labels, as they are reliable and do not smudge in the printer..

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Labels, 4 Jan. 2013
J. R. A. Hayward (Birchington Kent.) - See all my reviews
Great value for money and I would recomend anyone buying tese label. I will buy again when I need them.