5.0 out of 5 stars I've tried 'em all....
I have used thousands of pencils (MOSTLY 2B) in my 50 years as a music writer: to claim to be a composer seems just a bit pompous for my skills!
During that time I have developed fads for various pencils and had them sent to me by the dozen from USA, Switzerland, France and Germany.
Published on 15 Aug 2010 by Music writer

3.0 out of 5 stars wrong pencils
Delivery time was ok but I ordered 2H pencils and received HB which are pretty useless for what I want to use them for. I'm so disappointed that this happens so often.
Published 9 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars I've tried 'em all...., 15 Aug 2010
(Smiths (UK) own brand of pencil - they used to be purple colour but now pink - were the closest to the best of the bunch which is,has been and always will be STAEDLER.
And, by the way, I can remove from my MSS paper any trace of a written error (or change of idea!)with my STAEDLER MARS plastic eraser and STAEDLER 2B's don't cry and break in my trusty electric pencil sharpener either!!

Do I recommend them? What do you think?

5.0 out of 5 stars not the softest pencil in the box, 3 Mar 2010
David Evans-teush "d E-t" (southampton england) - See all my reviews
these pencils are a joy to own. A dozen in a clean box all just sharpened. The pencils ooze quality with may be hexagonal cross section I didnt have time to count all the sides and inlaid gold lettering. All twelve for just over Staedtler 110-6B Tradition Pencils Box Of 12 6B Degreefive pounds. I will mention though that my 6b pencils are not very soft a pre requisite for drawing and shading and producing rich blacks. Conversely they hold their point longer and are great for fine line work which can easily be rubbed out. In all im most pleased Staedtler 110-6B Tradition Pencils Box Of 12 6B Degree

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, 27 April 2013
Mr. Daniel Roy "DR" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 boxes of these, being an A level physics student I needed something decent for drawing diagrams and equations properly. The lead is of good consistent quality throughout, and the point doesn't break off easily once you have sharpened it.

The wood is also nice and smooth.

I haven't bought anything else apart from these for ages now simply because nothing else is in this sort of league! No more supermarket stationary!

Considering the quality the price is actually very good and you won't get cheaper in a high street store.

D

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pencil You Can Buy, 24 April 2013
As a Joiner & Carpenter one of the most used items in my tool belt is a Carpenters pencil but when i'm doing finish work such as skirting, architrave etc i use these. They're great pencils can't get any better, when i'm sketching, writing or just generally writing out equations and lists this is my go to pencil and they last a while with it being a 12 Pack would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for what I do.., 6 Jun 2012
Mr. T. Went "beatnik" (UK) - See all my reviews
These pencils in my opinion are far superior to their more expensive counterparts. They are perfect for deep shading and manipulation. I feel have more creative control with this pencil and more possibility for varied mark making.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and service, 6 May 2013
KARL SHERIDAN (East Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
The pencils are excellent. I wanted ones for sketching and couldn't find any 4B grade anywhere, even in WH Smiths!! The brand supplied is a well known make and one where the lead does not keep breaking when you sharpen them, unlike the cheap ones in other budget stores.
They arrived quickly too. Good sound service and will use the supplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's only a pencil - but there are pencils and then there are Pencils., 25 Jan 2013
S. Swingler (Somerset,UK) - See all my reviews
Ok, so I made the terrible mistake of buying 10 pencils for 1 recently at a 1 shop. Never again.
These Staedtler beauties are on the other side the quality spectrum. The lead doesn't break when you sharpen the pencil, the quality of the wood used is such that it sharpens smoothly and cleanly, and with a lovely cedar aroma! These are superb pencils. Thoroughly recommended. Other reviewers wax lyrical about these legendary beauties and I can see why. I'm a total convert. They have a slightly softer lead that writes/draws darker than an HB. I have to say I also like the Staedtler HBs. You can't go wrong. I would say it's worth buying a staedtler pencil sharpener too as the blade is very good and the sharpener has obviously been designed specifically for these pencils in terms of the angle of lead etc. German attention to detail - you have to applaud them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lead in your pencil, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Staedtler Tradtion 110-2H Pencil 2H (Box of 12) (Office Product)
As a pro carpenter these 2h pencils are the best as the lead is hard and doesn't snap easily, a great product

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., 24 April 2012
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These are simply one of the better 4H pencils you can buy.
Worth every penny of the little extra you will pay for them.

They sharpen well without fuss.
The give a good lasting edge that provides a good finish and that is all you want from a pencil isn't it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Staedtler 110 Tradition 2H Pencil, 12 May 2014
These pencils are of very good quality and I always use them because are perfect for carpentry, they give a very fine line which is needed.