on 31 January 2011
The Compucessory CPU stand is made of sturdy black plastic and is very easy to assemble. It comprises two supporting beams each with a caster at each end and joined together in the middle with a pivoting joint to form an 'X' shape. The beams are swivelled with respect to one another to adjust the stand to the width of the CPU case.

The case I used this with was fairly wide at around 20cm, and this means setting the two beams at a fairly large angle to one another - approaching 90 degrees. This is where the drawbacks start. There is no way to lock the beams together at the chosen angle, so if you try to roll the CPU case on the stand back under a desk for example, the beams tend to move apart leaving the case loose in the stand. Also the case tends to slide backwards in the stand and may tip over.

A little more thought in the design or perhaps a personal modification to lock the beams at the chosen size could make this a much better product.
I wanted to raise my father's PC off the ground to improve ventilation and ensure he didn't have to bend down too far to switch it on. This Compucessory stand proved ideal - it is sturdy and easily fitted his HP desktop computer. A minimal level of self assembly is required, and, apart from the four castors at each corner, there is a fifth additional castor under the middle of the stand which provides more strength and smoother mobility. The stand is made from strong, durable plastic with rubber facings to each of the corner posts plus anti-slip rubber spots on each of the arms. I note some other reviewers have said that the CPU can slip off the arms or they can work apart - well, my suggested remedy if this is a problem, is, why not use some of those double sided sticky fixers to fix the CPU to the stand? Although, I have to say I have not found this necessary in our case. Also, as this was a replacement for an earlier model I can say it has been improved in terms of the rubber facings and antislip spots which our earlier version did not have.

Okay, this might not suit a commercial environment where PCs are being shuffled around a lot, but, for a domestic setting, and, light/medium duty, it is ideal and provides excellent value for money. Recommended.
on 15 March 2010
I bought this having looked around for shelving or a stand to raise my larger than average computer on after seeing just how much dust accumulated in it whilst it was on the floor!!

This stand is cheaper than most items and does the job just fine. In fact I also bought one for my daughter. It is on wheels so it is very good for moving the computer inorder to vacuum underneath. It is very sturdy. All you see are 4 side arms which are in black plastic and very much in keeping with the usual computer paraphenalia. A good buy.
on 12 December 2009
This does everything it says on the tin and I was happy with the purchase.
on 24 May 2010
This is a brilliant product for the price I paid. Easy to put together, simple to adjust to fit your tower, sufficient padding to protect the areas that matter . It is now very easy to get at the cables at the back and because our office is quite small there is now less likely-hood that the towers will be knocked over as has happened in the past.So impressed am I that I will be buying one for my PC at home.
on 7 January 2012
Simple, inexpensive mount adjustable for different size computers and sturdy enough even for the heavyier ones. A great idea if you just want to lift yours off the floor a few inches and slide it easily to get at the back.
on 13 September 2011
This stand proved simple to assemble and much sturdier than I anticipated. An ideal solution to accessibility of rear usb ports and for cleaning purposes. Excellent value - highly recommended.
on 23 August 2011
Excellent purchase- very good value for money -so simple to put together,one minute.The pc tower fits very well and stand is adjustable.So happy with it I ordered a second one to hold my shredder.Purchased from Amazon as seller-no problems-quick delivery-100% satisfactory Purchase.
on 19 February 2014
From experience as a computer professional, I can see this might be good on a polished floor, but in the home it just does not work on carpet, and my PCs easily over balance when they do not roll !
I have not thrown it away yet though, in case I find another use for it.
on 12 September 2013
well, basically, with a heavy workstation, there is no "mechanism" to "lock" the width of the tray, so every time I move it round, even a bit (not that it happens often) it gets immediately very wide, which is pretty ridiculous. That said, it can be easily fixed with some cables, I suppose. Not a problem, and other than that, it's a 20 seconds assembly (maybe less), the wheels work fine, the price is low... it looks like it's going to last a long time.