4.0 out of 5 stars a GREAT purchase!
Published on 7 Aug. 2010 by Auburn Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sold as advertised
The notepads delivered were NOT Europa brand as advertised but a sub standard version. Not happy. Waiting for collection & refund.
Published 7 months ago by MadameG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars a GREAT purchase!, 7 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Europa Notemaker Book Sidebound Ruled 90gsm 120 Pages A4 Assorted A - Ref 4860 (Pack of 10) (Office Product)
As a law student, I decided to purchase binded notebooks after getting tired of separating loose leaf notes (which I had to bin after rewriting) into ring binders everyday. I colour code my notes for all the six units I study every year, and hence was delighted to find that these notebooks came in the exact colours I was looking for (though there were 5 colours instead of 6). The fact that they can be folded over COMPLETELY without producing any bulges at the binding like most notebooks is possibly the best part of them all: it allows for smooth and easy writing anywhere including in crammed lecture theatres, which is a major plus point. They did not appear ruled in the picture (until I zoomed in) but the fact that they are makes them the perfect substitute for the foolscap paper I have been using. I would have given them 5 stars if they were sold individually as well as in packs of 10 (note that the latter is cheaper): it may be difficult for me to replace a certain colour if I run out without buying the whole stack. I was lucky as these notebooks ARE sold individually in pink (which is the sixth colour I use: bought two to complement the stack) as well as black, but a bigger variety of colours for individual sale would be great. Overall, a GREAT purchase! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great notebook - good value, 2 Nov. 2010
Hugo Minney "hugie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
What can I say about notebooks? Well, they do the job. 120 pages is small enough and light enough to travel with me everywhere, and the colours (or if you like pastel, then get Europa Notemaker Book Sidebound Ruled 80gsm 120 Pages A5 Assorted C - Ref 3155 (Pack 10) which I buy at the same time) are much nicer than Black and Red (my opinion).
I like these notebooks because the pages come out easily on perforated cuts, but they don't tear out when you want them to stay in place, for example when you leave the notebook open and shove it to the bottom of a computer notebook backpack and mash it around a bit.
Exceeded my expectations - very pleased.
You may ask how i get through so many notebooks - i write like mad. When interviewing, I can get through 6 pages in an hour and it is more personal than sitting behind a computer or even a bigger notebook, whilst giving you a bit more space to draw in than a smaller notebook. My favourite compromise size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 18 Oct. 2010
The Europa Notemaker Book is great. It comes in a variety of colours and so you can dedicate a colour to a different topic which is great. The quality of the paper is really nice which is an important factor for me and you also have the option of being able to remove pages easily due to each page being perforated. I also love the way the notebook doesn't bulge at the binding which is usually a problem when it comes to most notebooks like this. A bit pricey but overall a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic notemaker, 28 Feb. 2014
I have yet to find a notemaker that competes with these. They are of phenomenal quality in all respects: Smooth, strong paper that just draws your pen through beautifully, no grating or scratching. Pages rip off effortlessly...no margins or pointless hole punches...just a nice whole page of wonderful quality ruled paper. The lines are perfectly spaced and the cover is thick for great protection in bags etc. Really recommend. The only thing I don't like is the cover design, but hey, you can't have everything. Go for it! These clairefontaine paper pads are possibly one of the nicest pads your will ever write on. The paper quality far exceeds anything else I have brought from WHSmith or Pukka or any other brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sold as advertised, 25 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Mar. 2014
Used to use cheap Tesco own value brand note pads for work but they looked rubbish and the paper was so thin the ink would show through onto the rear of the page. These notebooks are completely the opposite, very well made, strong cover and the paper is really good quality. Works out at quite a decent priced per pad when bought this way and should last a while (if my kids don't pinch them!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 21 Aug. 2013
The notebooks seem sturdy enough, especially as they are going to be lugged around a college bag all day. However I was disappointed that there were no margins in the books as I like to have a margin when i'm writing. Other than that the colours are a good way to know which books are for what subject. I would definitely recommend as long as no margin isn't a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 Nov. 2013
the books arrived quickly, the paper is thick and smooth to write on, the covers are quite a thick cardboard and they're the perfect size for my schoolwork. the perforated edges make it easy to remove pages, but are strong enough that random pages aren't falling out after you've written on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Uni, 25 Aug. 2014
Nice card covers, smooth, 90gsm thick paper, which is great for people like me who use inky pens! No ink comes through the other side of the page. Love the colours - I got 2 of each colour, and split them with my boyfriend so we now have 5 A4 notepads for uni

3.0 out of 5 stars No Margins :-(, 9 Aug. 2013
Good quality, smooth paper. Only downside for me is that there are no margins and I now have 10 of these pads without margins. Not the end of the world but for the way I work margins are useful. As such I won't buy these again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›