5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous, gripping, entertaining read!, 2 Dec. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Tango Midnight (Hardcover)
As a non-fiction writer, Michael Cassutt has written some of the most important and notable space flight books ever, books which astronauts and cosmonauts themselves use to learn about the past and present of space exploration. There are, of course, many insider stories that CAN'T be told while the subjects involved are still alive. With this marvellous novel, Cassutt has created a very believable and thrilling premise, full of highly accurate detail on the space programs of three different nations, and created a fascinating, gripping thriller that had me eager to read more throughout. On a different but equally entertaining level, Cassutt has added in a good number of true-but-subtly-fictionalized stories, that let the reader know what really goes on behind the public image of the space agencies. Only someone with detailed insider knowledge, plus a great talent for telling a story could have pulled this off - and luckily Cassutt has both in abundance. A great book that I highly recommend and will greatly enjoy re-reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Tango!, 13 Feb. 2008
Colin Burgess (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tango Midnight (Paperback)
I recently took a writing sabbatical and did something I'd been promising myself for some years - to re-read Michael Cassutt's three superb techno-thrillers. I've read Crichton and Clancy, but for me Cassutt is the third "C" in this genre, and one whose works I particularly enjoy as spaceflight history is something very near and dear to my heart, and the subject of many of my own books. He is a gifted writer, and this is a beautifully-paced, well-written story that is very closely based on contemporary spaceflight matters and philosophies. I think in another five years I will retrieve this and the other two books ("Missing Man" and "Red Moon") from my bookshelf once again and enjoy them all over again. I might also add that as a writer I also rely very heavily on Michael's non-fiction books on spaceflight history - they are regarded by me and many others as the definitive source of reliable and well-presented facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvelous, gripping, entertaining read!, 14 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Tango Midnight (Paperback)
As a non-fiction writer, Michael Cassutt has written some of the most important and notable space flight books ever, books which astronauts and cosmonauts themselves use to learn about the past and present of space exploration. There are, of course, many insider stories that CAN'T be told while the subjects involved are still alive. With this marvelous novel, Cassutt has created a very believable and thrilling premise, full of highly accurate detail on the space programs of three different nations, and created a fascinating, gripping thriller that had me eager to read more throughout. On a different but equally entertaining level, Cassutt has added in a good number of true-but-subtly-fictionalized stories, that let the reader know what really goes on behind the public image of the space agencies. Only someone with detailed insider knowledge, plus a great talent for telling a story could have pulled this off - and luckily Cassutt has both in abundance. A great book that I highly recommend and will greatly enjoy re-reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Tango!, 30 Dec. 2007
Colin Burgess (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 25 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Tango Midnight (Hardcover)
Really good, gripping book that kept me reading until the last page. Very timely with all the changes about what might happen in the space program. I liked this book a lot. Recommended.

Tango Midnight
Tango Midnight by Michael Cassutt (Paperback - 1995)
Out of stock