Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

VINE VOICEon 28 April 2011
Written by an author that I have never previously encountered, this book had me well and truly hooked ~ so much so that I have already downloaded the next two books onto my kindle and am more than halfway through book 2 ~ Hostage.
These books are written with a Christian emphasis ~ similar to that of Mel Obon's NCIS books; however, rather than being NCIS based, they feature JAG lawyers, and so there is more of a courtroom feel to them. At times, it is necessary to suspend disbelief or to take things with the proverbial pinch of salt; however, the action is gripping, the characters in the main are believable and the plot is enjoyable.
In this book, the key plot is based around three Navy chaplains ~ Imans ~ who have been leading their flocks astray. JAG lawyers Zack and Diane, previously rivals in the court, are called upon to prosecute; but their opponent is a defence lawyer who has never previously lost. The scene is set for a huge court battle with plenty of action.
This should appeal to anyone who has enjoyed JAG on tv as well as to readers of Mel Obon's NCIS series.
This is the first book I have read by Don Brown and I was not disappointed. It would seem he is new to the writing world and as far as I am concerned he is a welcome addition. Throughout the book the pace is brisk, and easily read, and you engage with the main characters. I found myself wanting to read more to find out what happens next. I look forward to brown's next offering.
on 28 July 2006
Excellent book. Could not put it down. When's the next out?