5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for any married person
I really enjoyed this book. Do not be misled by the title.It is not aboutrules and restrictions. I am certain you will recognise yourself or yourpartner in some of the case histories.
So much of this book reallymakes sense, and helps you get out of
Published on 28 April 2004 by david m reid

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concepts but too much Christianity
The concepts in this book are really valid, truthful and useful. The reason i wrote this review however is that i did not realise when i purchased this book that the bible was quoted every page. It has been too much for me and i cannot continue reading it. I warn that my view is that non-christians will struggle with this book.
Published on 19 Jun 2010 by E. C. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for any married person, 28 April 2004
So much of this book reallymakes sense, and helps you get out of
a vicious circle and look at things differently.Some of the suggestionsare very simple but very effective.I found it possible to read thechapters out of order if you prefer.I thoroughly recommend this to anyone,whether happily married and keen to stay that way, or if you are dealingwith problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book anyone can relate to, 4 May 2004
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Paperback)
This book is not about putting restrictions and rules on your partner. It is a very well written and insightfual book, and not your usual relationship guru stuff.I found it really useful to read, and easy to relate to your own experiences. It is not just theory and psycology, it has pratical useful advice and information. I think it really stood out against similar books I have read, and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone whether happily married or experiencing problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing!!!, 12 Oct 2008
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Hardcover)
I bought this book as an impulsive buy that i absolutely do not regret. I am not married but in a serious relationship so dont let the fact that its called "boundaries for marriage" put you off. It helps you understand the psychology of loving relationships and helps you identify and deal with problems before they spiral out of control or reach a point where alot of hurt and damage has been done.

This book illistrates why it is important having your own boundaries as an individual and also having boundaries as a couple from things or people outside the relationship.It also highlights the importance of personal growth and understanding our own personal hang ups and how they affect our partner.It is not a one sided book as it also helps you see things from your partener's point of view and that conflicts are not a "good guy,bad guy" situation but both people contribute to the problem.It then gives solutions on how to work through your own issues and what your partner needs to work for a healthier relationship.Examples of couples's problems,attitudes and emotions are used throughout the book which are easy to identify with.

Boundaries for marriage "holds the key for mutual respect and provides the tools for making your relatiomship everything you want it to be."

I would also recommend it for couples that are intending to marry as it gives u a picture of what a good functional marriage should be like and that marriage is work but the rewards are priceless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concepts but too much Christianity, 19 Jun 2010
E. C. Smith - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Sep 2009
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Paperback)
Absolutely loved this book - probably the most balanced teaching on marriage I've come across. I even caught my husband with his nose in it once or twice! Have just given the book to a friend. Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Kindle Edition)
Very challenging and useful - I wish I'd read it a long time ago. Definitely recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase - a necessity, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Paperback)
This book has helped me with more than just understanding my role and responsibility (beyond the obvious) in marriage. It's also helped me understand and negotiate my relationships with people I work, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read before marriage, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Kindle Edition)
I found it an excellent informative read about maintaining and developing good relationships and wish I had read it years ago .

4.0 out of 5 stars a good book, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Paperback)
Areally good book if you're looking to strenghten a marriage thats already functioning. Mine was failing so this wasn't the bookj I really needed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very helpful with any close relationship., 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Boundaries in Marriage (Paperback)
Found this book to be excellent and timely, I often get in a muddle with how much to take, what is fair in a relationship, how long is the second mile and how often do you go it, well, this helped put things into perspective and I straightaway bought several copies to give to friends who were also struggling with these issues, how to have a really good relationship in a marriage, which seemed at times pretty impossible but now I know better! It's sooo constructive!

Boundaries in Marriage