5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Divine Assistance ...
Published on 16 Nov 2003 by Tanya Blackiston

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I have read and loved other Doreen Virtue's books on angels I have bought in the past but this book I have been rather disappointed with. I can relate to ascended masters like Jesus, Mary, St Francis and archangels and I do understand that other peoole would relate to Ganesh etc., but fairies and goddesses etc I cannot relate to so therefore have found this book...
Published 6 months ago by Josephine

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Divine Assistance ..., 16 Nov 2003
Well worth buying! This book gives a wonderful overview on how to call upon Angels and Ascended Masters for practically all of life's sitations and struggles. And it works. I have called on a few of the Divine Masters named in Virtue's book with instant and undeniable success. I believe this book to be an invaluable addition to anyones personal library, both for everyday reading and for times of necessity. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction!, 4 Jan 2005
I have always loved Doreen Virtue's oracle cards but this is the first of her books I have bought. It is an excellent introduction to the archangels and ascended masters and gives clear instructions on how to call upon/invoke them. There is also a fascinating write up on each divinity and the bibliography is well worth checking out if you want to explore the topic further!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great reference book!, 16 April 2009
Ms. C. Hill "Christa Hill" (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book mainly because I wanted to find out more about the Archangels; their names, duties and who to call on for specific help.
It certainly tells you all of these things and also a little background history in some cases, so you really get a feel of who they are and how they can help you. The layout of the book is simple (without being too vague)and each Archangel or Ascended Master has descriptive information about them with slight variations of the name, a brief history or Mythology, and a summary of the things they can assist you with in bullet points. Lastly, there is a short prayer, meditation or affirmation to help you best connect with the guide you are invoking.
At the back of the book you will find a useful list of who to call for specific problems, with headings such as: healing, relationships, abundance, creativity etc etc the list goes on! I also found some of the prayers at the back of the book very helpful, again for specific issues. All in all, a very helpful, comforting and encouraging book! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Look at Helping Spirits, 14 Aug 2005
Margaret A. Foster (Quakertown, PA) - See all my reviews
Doreen Virtue is a doctor of psychology. She is also a clairvoyant and a fourth-generation metaphysician. She works with angels, the elements and what she calls "ascended masters" to augment her writings and her workshops.
She has appeared on such TV shows as Oprah, CNN and more. Previous to this writing, she has a deck of Angel cards and books on working with healing and angels.
This book is her exploration and guide to working with angels, divinities and her "Ascend Masters". She explains what she means by this term as follows: "An ascended master is a great healer, teacher, or prophet who previously walked upon the earth, and who is now in the spirit world, helping us from beyond." She goes on to say, "They include legendary figures such as Jesus, Moses, and Buddah; saints, goddesses and gods; and bodhisattvas, devas and deities."
Let me begin by saying that this book is not path specific. I found, as a pagan, that there was material here that I could relate to. I found many of her explanations of attributes of God and Goddess that I was familiar with to be very close to my own personal experiences. Her deity "histories" are not tainted with doctrines and do not go along any particular dogma line.
For the many followers of Ms. Virtue, this book is a guide to her personal experiences with these folks in the "Spirit World". For many, this will be the guide they will use to give validation to their experiences working with the various angels, deities and ascended masters in our diverse spiritual paths. And from the vantage point of a pagan, this book is a good tool for those who are "seekers" and do not know what path they are looking at, but want to see what someone else says about personal spirituality.
I found her discussions on these deities to be interesting, and she is on the mark with many that I am familiar with. I especially liked some of her comments about how she sees today's spirituality.
I liked the book, though not specifically pagan, it has merit. For those who are not specifically pagan, this book is a good reference book that will offer validation of experience. For those who are seekers to the pagan path, it could be a book I would recommend to augment their reading. It is a lovely work, containing some good basic prayers and helpful ideas.
Ms. Virtue has a very large following, and I can see why. She does offer elements missing in many main stream spiritual paths, and she does it with grace and eloquence. A nice introduction to the author and her body of work. boudica

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, 12 Sep 2010
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This book can be regarded as a handbook, guidebook or reference book on the subject og archangels, various divinities and the like.

The innumerable archangels, goddesses, gods, ascended masters etc are listed in alphabetical order. A couple of pages of information are given for each being.

The author encounters these various beings in diverse nature or power spots around the globe. In each case she provides us with a basic description of the being, including historical or mythical information, then quotes the being's message to her/us, tells us what it helps with, and ends with an example of an invocation we can use to contact it and ask for help.

The message from each entity is full of wisdom and good advice, and one is in no doubt that this message truly comes from a high being. Doreen also provides us with a description of the being's appearance and how it was behaving as it appeared to her.

I was struck by the fact that Doreen's description of Ashtar, head of "the Ashtar Command", particularly her information that his mission is to avert nuclear war on Earth, fitted exactly with something I have read in Mike Oram's book "Does it rain in other dimenstions". There we are given the precise wording of a message from a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command which some years ago was forcibly transmitted via a British TV channel (the TV people found themselves unable to do anything to prevent the transmission). The gist of the message was, as far as I remember, that it was imperative that we do something about our experiments with nuclear energy.

I was attracted to many of the beings listed and described by Doreen. Yogananda, for instance, who works with Jesus. He tells us that to contact him (Yogananda) we should meditate while mentally repeating the word "love" and simultaneously holding the intention of contacting him.

Many, many fascinating and potentially extremely helpful beings are listed, And one is left in no doubt that these beings DO respond to us when we contact them. (I personally experienced that when I called on Jesus - who is also included in the book - on behalf of another in dire need of help, the condition of this person immediately improved.

At the end of the book we are provided with useful prayers to connect with "multiple divinities, for specific needs" - these needs being, for instance, obtaining abundance, help with addictions, obtaining clairvoyant abilities, clear communication with God, connecting with the fairies, etc etc.

There is also a list of various headings, under which are stated the names of all those deities that can help with the subject in question.For instance, under "Abundance" are listed Abundantis, Coventina, Damara, Dana, Ganesh, Lakshmi and Sedna.

An invaluable book to have by your bedside to use in times of need. I strongly recommend that you buy this book if you have a desire to work with any of these various divinites, or them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly written and easy to follow lovely book, 15 Jan 2008
I did not think I would like this book and I don't think I am personally open to it enough to get the reactions described by the other readers. That said I thought I would write a review because it is beautifully written and very interesting. there is a lot of well researched material about the saints gods and goddesses included. Even as a sceptic I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Archangels and Ascended Masters, 29 Aug 2007
Mrs. Marilyn Bennett "www.spiritual-pursuits.com" (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is a beautiful book. As I was reading I was acutely aware that there was so much more "out there" than I had given credit for. Doreen Virtue has got the market sewn up regarding angels. If we ignore for the moment that this is really big business, what she has done is provide her interpretation of names and characters and individualise them with descriptions. This makes it easier for us humans to imagine what they look like, and so easier for us to feel that we can communicate with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was not used to Angels, 21 Mar 2006
Was a little sceptical of this word Angel being in fashion- but now I realise it means 'messenger' I can get on with it. A lovely book for those with open minds and perception; another way to live and think. A well researched author with some unexpected content.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful reference guide :o), 1 July 2009
This book is a perfect book packed full of information about our favourite ascended masters and Archangels. I think this is one of my favourite Doreen Virtue book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, 13 Sep 2007
A. Mooney (Brazil) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book, especially the first part which is some of Doreen's own story, there's infor for anybody who may be thinking of writing a book. Many of the healing techniques mentioned I already knew about, but the book is a good reminder concerning the use of crystals and meditation. I also enjoyed the description of Santorini and it's possible connections to Atlantis