5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic informative reference book!, 22 Mar 2007
Sara Greatorex "sassygirly_wd" (Kings Langley) - See all my reviews
I got this book on an Illustrator CS2 course I attended recently. I'd seen it on Amazon, but was put off by the awful cover (I know that's shallow, but this is a book about a piece of design software, so you'd expect better really). However, the contents of the book more than makes up for it, so don't let first impressions stop you buying this.

It's a very comprehensive book. Split into loads of sections and sub sections with a brilliant contents section, it's ideal if you just want to know about/remind yourself about a particular feature in a hurry. The instructions are clear, concise and backed up with screenshots. There are plenty of examples too plus there are boxes with little tasks in to help you learn how to do certain things should you wish to do so. This has become an essential reference book on my desk, purely beacause it's so quick and easy to use and covers everything. It could also be useful to people who know how to use previous versions, but want to learn about the new features Illustrator CS2 has to offer, such as Live Trace.

I'm sure this guide would be useful for beginners too, though I would advise formal training as well if possible - I'd been using Illustrator for 2 years prior to my training and I had no idea how little I really understood about the software until an expert showed me how to make the most of it. If your budget only stretches to this book though, it really is a great investment. I have bought other Illustrator guides that were utterly inferior in comparison to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, 25 Aug 2013
my first time at photoshop .have played with psp but this was and is a really good in depth /light look at all things in illustrator
thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, 18 April 2013
Excellent source of information for the beginer to the advanced illustrator user, with great tips and tricks to the perfect project

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 6 Jan 2012
Great book - very informative and easy to follow. Have used this continually since I bought it and keep it with me at work. Refer to it continually.