4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good if you know NOTHING!
Published on 15 May 2009 by Georgie Norton

3.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't always do exactly what it says on the tin!
Published on 16 Dec 2009 by Mrs. L. Fishpen

3.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't always do exactly what it says on the tin!, 16 Dec 2009
Mrs. L. Fishpen (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
I would say this is not the best book I have read, however, if you are new to the whole house training thing, then I would recommend it as a good starting point. For someone who is already experienced it only serves to confirm what you have been doing right but does however offer some insightful tips and advice. However, the title is somewhat misleading as the book does go on to explain that no two dogs are the same, hence there is no guarantee that your dog will be fully housetrained within the 7 day period which is, in effect, an estimation/generalisation! That said, if you do follow the guidelines and stick to a strict regime your fury friend will inevitably catch on in no time at all. It just takes patience and persistence. Don't put pressure on yourself though and go at your and your dog's own pace. Remember, dogs are born followers and as their pack leader it is your responsiblity to lay down the ground rules and to be consistent in their training. That way, there is little room for failure. I have two puppies and would say it took about a month before they were fully housetrained. That said, even now at six months old I still stick to their routine like clockwork and always keep a close eye on them. This book will lay down the foundation for good house breaking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good if you know NOTHING!, 15 May 2009
I got my puppy when he was 8 weeks old..the info doesnt really start until 12 weeks.....however I applied the rules(most of which are common sense) and now he is 11 weeks hes pretty good/reliable. The stuff about cage/crate training was very good, the puppy cried for 20 mins on his first night here, 10 the second, five the third and hasnt cried since, he goes into it at night without being asked, lies down quietly and goes straight to sleep. never having used one before, I definitely will again..it has made the nights peaceful and dry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful for new poppy owner, 6 Aug 2010
I bought this along with a famous dog trainer's book. My four month old puppy is now able to hold hold his bladder and bowels much longer and is beginning to ask to go outside. Having never owned a dog before I was incredibly clueless about how to begin training and this book got me up and running. In hindsight it is common sense but the clear, concise nature of this book meant that I could be confident about what I was doing and I was also able to grab and refer to it when not sure. The other book is a good read but not as helpful when getting down to basics.
What I think a lot of the reviewers don't get is that this book is a way to start you off, not an all round problem solver. I followed the schedules for the first week then adjusted as necessary for me and my dog. There is still the odd accident, but as an Early Years teacher I know that this perfectly normal for young animals, my little ones can mostly make it to the toilet on time but that doesn't mean I don't have spare clothes on hand!
I also invested in a crate and it has been brilliant. My puppy loves it and often puts himself to bed even when he has free run of the house.
Overall, a very useful book for those of us who want to be responsible and informed dog owners but are a little wet behind the ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days, 27 May 2006
Niss N. J. Simmonite "Nicky" (England) - See all my reviews
Our little tear away "Sophie" is fourteen months old, and because she is so beautiful gets away with almost anything! But it was getting to be a ritual every morning, cleaning up after her. It was then that we decided to GET HELP!!!!!!!!

So we took the advice of the book (slightly modified)it to suit our babies needs! We were very suprised to see how quickly Sophie took to this and now she is not a little tear away anymore but a little ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog training, 1 Oct 2010
hi brrrrilliant book our puppy george was trained in 4 DAYS YES 4 DAYS just stick to what whe book says and hope you have a clever dog like george it also works on lead training buy it NOW vic kingswinford

5.0 out of 5 stars This is just FANTASTIC, 18 Mar 2007
A. M. Kenny "bingocheater" (England) - See all my reviews
BUY IT AND DO IT!!!!

Follow the guide and be realistic. the book has great advice for a dog of 3 to 4 months. younger than that it does still has good advice. THIS BOOK DOES WORK. HINT: we too 2 weeks off and worked to through the book. JUST F.A.B.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reminder if you have not had a puppy for a lot of years., 6 Sep 2009
Lucy H. (Co Durham, England.) - See all my reviews
A very easy read and a very good reminder if you have not had a puppy for a lot of years.
The book helps to retrain the owner and not just the puppy for successful housebreaking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog ate it!, 10 July 2009
R. Olofsson (Boulder, CO United States) - See all my reviews
The techniques described in the book work well and it helped us train our puppy in about 10 days. Our puppy did end up eating the book, so I had to take one star off for that :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Housebreaking your dog, 21 April 2012
This review is from: How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days (Revised) (Kindle Edition)
The book was a good read and suggested ways of housebreaking your dog in different situations. But found that I coudn't follow this advice as I have 2 other dogs and 2 cats. With 1 dog it would work well I assume. Not for us though which is ashame.

4.0 out of 5 stars housebreak you dog in 7 days, 3 Feb 2010
book is as described, contains some good usefull tips for older dogs as well as puppies, reasonable price, (although our cute little puppy took longer than seven days, i dont think she liked going outside in the snow, i cant blame the book for that, or the puppy!).