5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective
I knew the kitchen appliances in our new house were poor quality but it was only when I got hold of this thermometer (and one for the oven too) that I realised just how poor quality. Our fridge was dangerously warm and its temperature fluctuates. But with this items I have been able to keep it within reasonable limits.

The thermometer itself is not going to...
Published on 16 April 2009 by Olivarovich

1.0 out of 5 stars TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER
Not accurate / stopped working. Did not last too long. No longer using. Prefer to use a more traditional type.
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by vinnytheveggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, 16 April 2009
Olivarovich (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)

The thermometer itself is not going to win any awards for beauty or great design. But it is cheap and works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, seems accurate, 28 Jun. 2009
Alan Davies (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
What can I say - it tells the temperature and seems accurate. Nice easy to read display .. but a pity about the American bias for those funny Fahrenheit things!

The stand can stand or hang and bends easily enough to position it a bit better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
Confirmed that my fridge freezer thermostat wasnt working properly - no wonder I had frozen cucumbers! The printed temperature zones shown are too wide a range. I googled for fridge and freezer temperatures and added some lines with a felt pen.

4.0 out of 5 stars fridge thermometer (plus oven), 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
I also purchased the TALA fridge thermometer together with the oven thermometer so this review applies to both types.
They are well made easy to read and were supplied within a couple of days.
You need to attach themometer/s to wire rack type shelves in your appliances.
Dont forget they usually hang below the racks so you need to rotate the dial - unless you like reading it upside down.

Thermometers work ok, fairly quick to register so enabling you to cook accurately - I find in oven use, even fan types , you need to let the oven warm up (5/10 mins)and also be aware of the ovens particular warm and not so warm zones - then read the thermometer and all should be fine.
In mine I found between top and bottom areas an approx 15 degrees difference, so this would impact on your cooking times.

Fridge usage is similar, being quick to register and accurate albeit the various cold zones , in mine , dont appear to be so different in temperature, approx 5 degrees.

I would buy the thermometers again, using same supplier and Amazon is fine also!

5.0 out of 5 stars To the rescue, 24 Jan. 2010
Mr. B. Brooks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
I bought a new fridge freezer and suspected it was not working efficiently: I then decided to purchase this thermometer and learn about temperatures. This product confirmed my suspicions: I called an engineer who discovered a fault on my machine ! I would recommend all people to know about temperatures in their fridgefreezers and I recommend a product like this. The postage was as much as the thermometer but I didn't want to go searching for one in the shops.

1.0 out of 5 stars TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER, 25 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks smart and tells you the temperature, 16 July 2009
P. Chandler "P" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
My fridge is dying so I needed to know that the temperature in certain parts of the fridge was ok for storing my sons food and this seems to work very well.
It's a thermometer that's all it does

1.0 out of 5 stars not fit for purpose, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
As some other reviewers have noted, this thermometer does not measure the temperature accurately enough for its purpose. Mine gave the temperature on the bottom shelf of my fridge as -4 deg C, but nothing was actually freezing, and a small cup of water placed next to the thermometer for several hours confirmed that the temperature was above 0 deg C by remaining liquid.

Curious to find out exactly how inaccurate the Tala thermometer was I borrowed a properly calibrated thermometer from my work-place (a physics laboratory) and checked by placing the two thermometers together at different levels in my fridge/freezer and at room temperature. The results were surprisingly bad;

True deg C (Tala deg C)
20.5 (13.5)
4.0 (-3.5)
-5.0 (-11.0)
-17.5 (-20.0)

Which shows that the Tala thermometer underestimates the true temperature by a huge 6 or 7 degrees over the range that is important.
For example, the normal operating range for a fridge - indicated by the yellow 'REF' band on the Tala dial - is 0 to +4 deg C, but the Tala fault means that when it tells you the temperature is in that range the true temperature is actually between 8 and 12 deg C, which is too high for safe storage of most food!!

Don't buy this thermometer (or any of its other variants, where the only difference is the label 'Tala')

4.0 out of 5 stars Fridge thermometer, 11 Sept. 2009
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
I bought one for Fridge & one for Freezer. Both exactly what is needed to check constant temperatures. Seem to be accurate within one degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin. Absolutely fine., 30 May 2011
S. SEN-CHOWDHRY "Sidsen" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6 (Kitchen & Home)
A recent disaster when my frost free freezer was not frost free any more, led me to buy this item.
The stainless steel stand sits well on the glass shelf. However the dial is small and if you put this at the rear of the fridge, you may have to squint. Two different scales i.e Celsius and Fahrenheit does not help.
The redeeming feature is the colour coding of the zones, with the red area indicating trouble.
All in all it is a fine piece of dial type thermometer and certainly being stainless steel should last.
If asked, I would recommend this item fully.

TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6