on 26 November 2012
Cheap and cheerful! It does what it says on the box, but the dial and numbers are far too small for easy reading, even through a clean oven door
on 22 April 2012
What can I say ? It does what it says on the tin !! Great product. It shows, as I suspected that my oven is running cooler than it should, so now temperature sensitive baked items are cooking properly !
on 31 March 2013
Had this product for a few weeks now, and it is working well. Has allowed me to fine tune the temperature of my oven, leading to greater success when baking in particular. Not the most expensive one that I looked at, but so far has proved very good value for money. Recommended.
on 1 March 2015
I use this in a gas oven. When I first used the oven it took an eternity to cook a chicken which lead me to believe the 'gas mark' settings were overly optimistic. Using this oven thermometer has confirmed 2 things: 1. The gas mark settings are correct for the TOP of the oven 2. If I need to use the middle of the oven, turn up the gas for the correct temperature, now monitored by my oven thermometer. 'Simples' as the strangely Russian sounding African indigenous suricates would say. Nice big, clear dial which encourages me to clean the oven door when I can no longer see it.
In summary, it works well and prevents me from serving raw food to my family and friends....even to the ones that are annoying me.
on 15 June 2012
This has proved useful because I didn't want a hefty call-out fee until I was sure it was necessary. My bottom oven has been slowing. I tested it out with this thermometer and found it about 30 degrees too low. It is a fan oven, and I tried switching off the fan, and the temperature rose immediately, almost to an acceptable level. I also tested the top oven and found it about 5 degrees too high. Now I know how the ovens are working I can use them accordingly and keep an eye on them for further change. I'm loathe to buy a new built in cooker until it becomes unmanageable.

One thing to consider is that this gadget registers the true temperature several minutes behind the oven thermostat. So when the thermostat switched off the top oven at 220 degrees, the thermometer only registered 200 degrees. After a few minutes it caught up with the oven thermostat and registered the same. Once you know this, you can calculate the difference. But that is why I have given 4 stars instead of 5 stars.

The design is good. It can sit on a shelf, or hang face forward, whether the oven rails run laterally or back to front.
on 29 December 2011
I was wondering if my oven is accurate, i realised with this little oven probe that my oven was not even.
It is a good little helper for accurate baking
on 25 December 2013
This thermometer seems to take forever to adjust in temperature - it lags behind the oven reaching it's 'final' temperature by a good 15 minutes or so, and then tells me the oven is too hot, so I turn it down, and then it takes forever to adjust again only to tell me the oven's not hot enough; then we turn it back up again and it decides actually the oven was reading correctly all along. Sigh. Waste of time.
VINE VOICEon 19 June 2012
Now I use this thermometer most times I have my oven on. I have discovered that my oven registers the required temperature, (indicated by the light going off) at least 5 minutes before it actually registers on this thermometer. This of course means I am putting my cake mixes, etc, into the oven far earlier than I should do. Now I know this, it has saved me some problems with pre-heating my oven, even though it does maintain the correct temperature after this longer period of re-heating. An invaluable little kitchen aid. Highly recommended
on 14 June 2013
oven thermometer douse what i needed to do the numbers on my gas cooker had rubbed off ,i am good at guessing how hot oven should be .Dont need to now,would recomend .
on 9 November 2013
Bought because we were unsure of the performance of a new cooker. This works brilliantly, and proved the the thermostat on the top oven is spot on, but that the main oven needed a new thermostat. Also that the AEG lights that claim that an oven is up to temperature are way too premature. We now know when the required temperature has been reached.

See one answered question