5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I buy one of their cds!
Published on 20 Sep 2007 by Mr. C. J. Waldron

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to their normal standard
Published on 11 Nov 2007 by Mrs. R. S. Jolliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I buy one of their cds!, 20 Sep 2007
Mr. C. J. Waldron "mhsob" (UK & Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
What a surprise! After hearing a few tracks live on the radio I suddenly understood the appeal of these two. Great songs, great tunes and incredibly interesting and witty lyrics. There is such a mix of styles here I never thought the Proclaimers were capable of. And their take on the classic "Whole World World" is a triumph. From the ballads to their footstomping "Life with you" and "Sorry", this is the sort of cd that wins new fans. Fabulous stuff, I shall never ignore them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not as perfect as most of they're albums, 19 Nov 2007
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
I have been a huge Proclaimers fan since they're first hit. I would give 5 stars to every album they recorded apart from "Hit the highway" and they're previous offering "Restless soul". They're new album is a much mellower album in comparison to all they're other offerings with they're two amazing singles, "Life with you" and "Whole wide world" bringing some much needed catchiness and angst to the long player. Without these 2 tracks it would only have received 3 stars. I would say "If there's a God" is the only other amazing song on it. It's a good album but I feel they should maybe have taken a few more months to come up with another rockier tune or two to spice it up a bit.
If you are going to buy any Procaimers cd's I would make this one of you're last. Buy Sunshine on Leith, This is the Story and Persevere. All 3 of those albums are classic timeless albums of perfection. Born Innocent is also a great album. Hit the Highway is probably they're poorest album, the only one I'd give 3 stars to, in my opinion so leave that til last if you're going to buy up everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 10 Oct 2013
A. J. Muirhead-starr "miss pink" (Knaresborough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
For all you scots out there this is a must have album,there are some really good songs on here that I have never heard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
First song is worth the price of the WHOLE album! You gotta have it.
And why do we need to write big reviews?

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
bought for my father in law for christmas and he loved it and we enjoyed it too, was delivered as promised

5.0 out of 5 stars proclaimers, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
If you've ever wondered did The Proclaimers do anything other than their 80s stuff? This album will blow your mind. It's beautiful.From 2007, Songs about real things, about real loves and about real life. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Proclaimers- Life With You, 11 Aug 2010
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
Some people may fear that the quality of these two guys music will soften as they bring out more albums. Let me assure you right now, that is not true. The Heart, Soul, Energy and pure Blooded Spirit of there early work is still shinning through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good and it grows on you --, 25 Dec 2007
Mr. Philip Uren "philuren" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
As has been previously said, Life without you and Whole Wide World are great tracks - but how could you not mention Blood Lying on Snow - a truly excellent track with the kind of lyrics that you think you could write yourself, but of course you couldn't, and the music that goes with it is pure magic - a real rockin track that has your feet tapping while you are singing along.
So when you consider the price of the single - and then look at the price of the album - it makes sense to buy the album as you are going to get at least 3 excellent tracks, and the rest will grow on you.
It is also worth listening to the rest of the tracks just to hear their cracks at Politicians, Singers, Actors etc, their opinions will strike a chord with most of us while the final track - If there's a God - is something that most of us must have thought at some stage, and it's a nice mellow thoughtful way to finish off the album.
In a nutshell if you want at least three excellent tracks for little more than 2 per track, then buy the Album - and you will probably find that you will get a few bonus's thrown in, as I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to their normal standard, 11 Nov 2007
Mrs. R. S. Jolliffe ((IOW, UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of the Proclaimers, having seen them live 5 times and loving their previous albums. I was very excited about the new album release and purchased a copy as soon as I could. What a disappointment! I would always describe the Proclaimers as soulful, melancholy and yet uplifting- this is not the case with Life With You (I'm afraid I just found many of the songs samey, dreary and boring).

The exception is the cover of Whole Wide World (originally by Wreckless Eric) which is catchy and spirited.

Overall, I would say
1) If this will be your first taste of the Proclaimers, AVOID and try an earlier album.
2) If you are a fan, by all means try it but be prepared to be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life With You - The Proclaimers, 20 July 2009
Mrs. H. Sharkey (Washington UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
One of the best. the lyrics mean so much - have you taken the time to listen to any of them?

Life With You
Life With You by Proclaimers (Audio CD - 2007)