5.0 out of 5 stars Two classics - and the first time Lecter is presented to us..., 9 Aug 2014
Still an outstanding read after all these years! Hannibal Lecter is new again due to the superb series on TV and hopefully - as in my case - with reignite interest in the novels of Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs. Of course, both were made into great films and Sir Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of Lecter always looms in the mind, but the books carry so much more detail and expand the characters so much - easier with over 400 pages at your disposal than in a 2 hour movie. A mention too to the later Hannibal and the (possibly unexpectedly) excellent Hannibal Rising - between Harris' books, the films and now the TV series, you can really get into the world of Dr Hannibal Lecter - always supposing you to!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was absolutely fantastic in every way, 29 July 2014
Kaylie (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This book was absolutely fantastic in every way, from the descriptions to the intensity. I had to slow down on The Silence of the Lambs as I didn't want to finish it!!! Both books kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I'd watched the movies and the first season of the TV show. Harris sure knows how to write a crackin' book! Cannot wait to read Hannibal now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for a great price, 12 Sep 2013
They are just awesome. Read them.

They also come for a great price! I really love this saga. Thomas Harris is a genius

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 July 2013
S. JACKSON "Mutley" (The world!!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon (Hardcover)
My daughter wanted to read the book but, but the one at the library was unavailable so we looked on line and got this. Was in good condition and a good price. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Jan 2013
S. H. Afzal - See all my reviews
Awesome characterisation. Nail biting suspense. Minimal but masterul dialogue. The latter books were not so good but these should be required reading

5.0 out of 5 stars thomas harris - red dragon and the silence of the lambs, 30 Mar 2009
I bought this book for my daughter it is good value and as you expect from Thomas Harris a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then both movies, 19 Mar 2009
A must read. Both books are excellent, you can really sink your teeth into them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lambs and Dragons with a minty sauce, 22 Mar 2013
Red Dragon is a pretty scarey book. Isn't it?.......Perhaps it's just me, but once I got into it, I found it compulsive. And pretty scarey as a bedtime read. Inserting lots of images into my dreams of confined spaces and me racing around dark empty houses with no way out! Michael Mann's film, Manhunter, does the book justice in my mind and Brian Cox was ideally cast as the charismatic menace, Hannibal. Very descripive, pacey and well written, this is a real horror story................sleep with the light on! Or a Magnum45 under your pillow.

ps; I bought this book as a present for my brother, who is now in a lunatic asylum and was unable to read the deuxieme parti-The silence of the door jambs.(old carpenters joke that, te he) Alas, he had already eaten half way through it by the time the medics were called out.

The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon
The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon by Thomas. Harris (Hardcover - 1992)
Used & New from: 0.01