5.0 out of 5 stars Plain Sailing Down That Famous Mile Yet Again, 25 July 2007
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
Well perhaps the flood water this week didn't quite reached Sutton, but the new 7th released album from Grand Drive, a Thames area band with Aussie connections sets a full sail. Following Danny George's solo effort, he and brother Julian Wilson have once again come up with a fine set of beautiful harmonies woven into rich melodic songs. A slightly more acoustic feel than their last studio album which suits them and would suggest this album definitely gels far better as a result.

Having purchased all their previous work, this album for me overall is of a very consistent high quality. Then again, fans wouldn't expect anything else. Lets just hope they get the airplay they deserve, Bob Harris on his Saturday show did play a track a couple of weeks back.

The first 2 tracks are typical of Grand Drive, being Happy in 'The skin you are living in' and 'Talking in your Sleep' my current fave, which get you into the groove again. Also picked out Birdsong, Plain Sailing, Knives and Forks, Be Lucky, On and On and What You Know as potential other favourites. Good use of instruments, with guitars, piano, mandolin and organ prominent.

How do you classify Grand Drive ?
Americana/Country/Indie Soul/Alt Country, you choose as they are any of those, but in my book they are just a truly distinctive vocal band. Closest to their sound, perhaps, The Everley Brothers (old) or The Finn Brothers (new), but you decide for yourselves, ok.

Previous 6 released albums listed here with my stand out track in brackets :-

Road Music - (Shadow Of The Man)
True Love High Adventure - (A Ladder To The Stars)
See The Morning In - (The Last Train To Heaven)
Grand Drive Import Compilation - (Track 40)
The Lights In This Town Are Too Many To Count - (The Real Thing)
Being Alive : Loose Wheels and Latchkeys - (The First Time Again)

After you have listened to the album, hopefully you too, will be Happy in the skin you're living in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album, so good I can't pick a favourite track, 8 Aug. 2007
Rosemary Eagle (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
I bought Everyone by Grand Drive a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it daily ever since. It is so melodic and varied that I cannot decide on a favourite track. I'm an Echo (Track 3) is a winner; Danny's voice with intricate pulsating instrumentals. On and On (Track 12) is wonderful and so is Birdsong (Track 5). I guess you would just have to buy the cd and decide for yourself, if you love Grand Drive then you will be delighted with the whole album! The boys have made another masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant !, 25 Feb. 2008
Mrs. C. A. Young "Youngy" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
I have to thank amazon for getting me into Grand Drive. It is the only CD I have ever bought without having even heard of the band or any of their songs.
In the space of a few short weeks I now own every CD they have released and Danny George Wilson's solo effort. Basically, they are all brilliant.
Beautiful vocals, gorgeous sweeping melodies and thoughtful lyrics. Difficult to put into a category which is probably why they are not as huge as they should be.
I love all their albums but Everyone really is something special. There's not a weak track on it.
The Lights in this Town was the first album I bought - this was the last of my acquisitions and has been in my CD player ever since its arrival through the post.
By the way,my favourite track at the moment is the B-side on their Wheels CD single - Holding On. It's also on their album Being Alive-Wheels-Latchkeys 2000-2005.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good CD, 14 Jan. 2009
M. Corr (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this band for a few years now. They are alt country in style with some fine song writing, nice melodies and harmonies. This album marks a return to earlier mostly mellow style which is right up my street. There are lots of good tracks on this album so take your pick - I'm an echo, be lucky. Plain sailing is a really good song, simple and heartfelt, bittersweet. The end of duty has this great sax running all the way through the song. In fact all the tracks are good. Their albums are growers, the more you listen you more you hear - give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 23 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
How did Grand Drive not break through to wider appeal? This is a very accomplished album which I love more and more every time I play it. There is not a dissapointing track on the whole album with beautiful riffs and lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
danny for un president

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 8 Mar. 2010
Mr. A. Bennett "apb" (Suffolk,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyone (Audio CD)
Grand Drive are very underrated band,this album is as good as previous ones,the wilson brothers have done it again.

Everyone
Everyone by Grand Drive (Audio CD - 2007)