on 2 August 2011
I had such fun with this game. I did not get the full online experience due to my internet being down for a few weeks.
Pros:
The Cover system is THE BEST in any game I have ever played. (yes it's even better than the cover in Gears of war).
Less stealth required in missions but plenty more action to compensate this.
The graphics in this game are some of the best i've seen in a long time such detail went into Sam Fisher's aging body and the environment around him.
Their are alot of different ways to tackle each mission. e.g. climb through a window or kick down a door etc.
Game is complemented by a very well written story ALTHOUGH the Iraq mission's gameplay didnt match the games mechanics.
Many upgradable weapons.

Cons:
Short campaign mode and i mean VERY short. If your a hardcore gamer you would be able to beat this game within 3-6 hours on Realistic (Hard) Difficulty.
Once you finish the campaign mode on Realistic difficulty it loses alot of its replayability.
If you don't like the change of Sam Fisher being more action less stealth then you may be let down. (I however loved it and the story makes me like it even more)

This is a brilliant game in almost every aspect. I gave it 4/5 because the very short campaign mode makes this game more of a rental than a purchase. However if your a Splinter cell fan this will be a great game for your collection.
on 25 June 2010
Fans of previous splinter cell games, enjoyed patient stealthy gameplay with emphisis on light and shadows. This installment sees faster pace action. The game is almost that of the multiplayer from double agent (for those who played it). The graphics are excellent and also help the gameplay, when you are in the dark, rather than lookign at a meter, the colours change to black and white. Which makes it easier to tell if you are hidden or not. The story is also very edgy with some twists and turns including a flashback level which gives some background to fisher and other characters involved.

For those with live, there is a a co-op campaign with agents from two different agencies (sitcom material there) and some other co-op modes, including face off, which pits you against the other player and enemy A.I which is pretty good.

Overall this game breathes some fresh air into the franchise that was missing from double agent. However, despite does, the game in my opinion does start to become repeatitive after a while. I would borrow from a mate or rent from lovefilm or whatever before deciding whether to buy, i feel the game have been given very generious rating from the games media.
on 11 May 2010
Have been waiting for this game to come out for years and it was def worth the wait. Story is fantastic, co-op is fantastic, Deniable ops game modes..........are fantastic. The Whole game is so imppresive and I really love what they have done with this installment in terms of the style of play. Before it was all stealth, stealth, stealth which was great but you now have the option to either take everyone out on the sly or pump lead into everyone in rambo fashion. I preferably prefer the stealthy approach; but also like to go in blazing every now and then. I think the new hand to hand combat is great aswell, the James Bond, Jason Bourne esque moves are a lot of fun and add a whole new stylish element to the game. Then theres the weapon and uniform upgrades and customization the mark and execute kill the interrogation scenes the P.E.C challenges the extra content every week- this game offers so much. I have been a fan of Splinter Cell since the first installment on the PS2 and this surpasses my expectations, easy 10/10 for me, if you love stealth games, buy it!
on 20 June 2010
Great game in my opinion.

I loved the game from start to finish although I was finding myself using a pistol through out the whole game.
there are more guns (i.e mp5, ak etc) but if it isnt silenced you will get to much attention on you and die within seconds, So it is pretty useless.

the storyline was amazing very very good storyline I loved how the voice acting was done also. Great game I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun time.
on 26 October 2010
Great game, a must buy in my book of games!

The story line is so gripping, pulling you in from the very start. There are customizable characters which is a brilliant feature.

PROS:
Great story line
large selection of outfits & guns
Deniable OPS mode

CONS:
XBOX live play is really slow at finding players
After you complete the campaign & you have done all the maps on DENIABLE OPS, it gets boring!
on 25 May 2010
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is a must have for any gamer, its a great story mode that will certainly take skill to complete on it's hardest mode. While the levels are well made and well thought, they can be tedious as well, for instance theres a level where you have to take out 5 armed guards, then navigate a hallway full of lasers. The guards are easy but take a few minutes to do and the lasers can be extremely hard. The checkpoint doesnt cover the guards so you have to do the guards over and over again. As i said, very tedious.

Despite this, the game overall is AWESOME the graphics the gameplay and the storyline are all epic and probably the second best campaign i've ever played after Dragon Age origins, but you can't really compare the two games.

The multiplayer co-op presents the player with an alternate storyline to play after the campaign, the dual gameplay offers a huge stealth advantage over the normal storyline.
on 18 February 2011
i really enjoyed this game and i was glad i purchased it, most of the games these days are short and boring. this however pleased me and is definatley worth a go.
on 3 October 2010
If Splinter Cell was about anything it was about stealth and silently picking your way through the levels and most importantly not having to shoot everything that moved. Conviction on the other hand is a bog standard 3rd person shooter, kill everything that moves with most of the stealth removed.

It seems to me the developers have looked at what is popular right now - Uncharted, Rainbow Six, MW2, and shoveled the gameplay of these titles into Conviction whether or not it fits the Splinter Cell style.

Conviction is not a bad game, it's just nothing special, and that's a shame because Splinter Cell was something rare, a very special and unique game. If you want to enjoy the real Splinter Cell experience just go and buy a copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. That was a true video gaming classic, better in just about every way than Conviction.
on 24 November 2010
Good enough game but the must watch video sequences are annoying to say the least. When you get killed you are sent back a ridiculously long way.

I'd play it again but only when I have a lot of time to waste and there was nothing on TV.
on 22 November 2012
I've owned most, if not all Splinter Cell games. This is a high ranking sequel. One major nag is that, because you know longer play the role of Sam Fisher (Agent) you don't get the night vision goggles. Apparently you do in the later levels, but I can't verify this as I'm currently stuck on probably the last level. This proves problematic because some of the missions take place in the dark, leaving you to wonder where you are going. The guns in the game are fantastic, especially the silenced sub machine pistol. I actually bought it a few months before I got my Xbox, which is over a year ago and I'm still playing it. One of my favourite modes of the game is found under Deniable Ops. Here you don't play as Fisher, but an American agent or a Russian agent. The game I like (because I can play it) is basically clear an area of bad guys. You have the added advantage of having Night Vision. If you kill a bad guy with you bare hands, or fall on him from above, you earn the skill to execute. This basically means that you can tag a number of hostiles (up to four I believe depending on the weapon you are using.) You are also guaranteed to hit them. Each level (deniable ops) contains around 5 areas. The Russian Embassy level contains a number of difficult areas, especially nearing the end of one area in which the rest of the hostiles are in a room. This leads to you becoming detected (resulting in a number of other hostiles joining the fight) and so far I think I've only ever cleared the entire level without detection once, and since I've been playing over a year, that's not a very good record. All in all a challenging but fun affair. Highly recommended