Format: DVD|Change

on 31 August 2008
28 Days Later is an amazing film, great action and story, I didn't want to go to London ever again after seeing this. The DVD itself has no extras so that was disapointing but the film is excellent so extras don't matter.

28 Weeks Later is even better than 28 Days, there was more blood and gore, better character development and in this one, I liked the characters more so I actually cared if they died or not.

2 amazing films that are excellent value for money.
on 17 April 2009
28 Days later was filmed on DVCam which has a SD resolution of 720x576, directors choice i think. So its no wonder the "feeled" resolution is NOT Full HD (1920x1080). But if you watch the movie to the end the last 10 Minutes were filmed on 35mm and therefore are brilliant full HD BluRay quality. "28 Months Later" is also presented in great Bluray quality. If you like the movies buy this Double-Bluray at this low price. I enjoyed watching them both.
on 17 February 2015
These are the poorest quality blu ray discs I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. I thought on first viewing that there was something wrong with the blu ray player or full hd tv or were these pirated discs? I wish I'd read some of the past reviews before buying as I normally do. Now I find from some of the reviews that a dvd quality camera was used so why bother to transfer them to blu ray? It is of no benefit and makes viewing them on good quality equipment pointless. Save your money and buy them on dvd. I wouldn't pay more than a couple of pounds for either. Many films from the fifties and sixties transferred to blu ray are of superb quality after being digitally remastered. Don't be disappointed like I was. Save your money and spend it more wisely.
on 10 January 2014
great movies spoiled by piss poor picture quality, especially the first. Looks more like vhs than bluray. Worth it if you can find em cheap enough but prob better off just buying the dvds
on 15 June 2016
Hopefully a remaster may happen because the upscale is terrible and should never have made it to shelves as it is now. Good collection worthy of 4 stars but not like this. True rage
on 14 October 2012
Not only is this a movie packed with action and excitement, it also sends a strong message and has an almost doomsday-like aura to it. On top, this product was delivered quite fast.
on 16 June 2012
Bought this film sometime ago and only now getting round to watching it, this bluray has a horrific picture. Such a shame the dvd was clearer. Ive seen clearer VHS!
on 27 July 2015
Great film, in my mind this is the film that resurrected the zombie horror genre. Only problem is the quality, as the film is old and pre-HD its hard to watch
on 25 June 2015
Have the DVDs but wanted to upgrade to Blu ray so i did like watching them for the very first time in stunning HD can't fault the item at all a must have :)
on 30 January 2012
I revisted this box set just this week on a cold, dank Sunday afternoon with just a tea break seperating the two films.

With 10 years having past, I enjoyed both (and I know some people hate 'weeks') as much as I did a decade before. Furthermore, great films like 'Rec' that have been released subsequently probably have a lot to thank Danny Boyle for.

Zombies actually running at you, as opposed to shuffling at walking pace have been seen a lot since and that haunting first half an hour of 'Days' with the shots of a desolate London have been re-done similarly in films like 'I Am Legend' and 'The Road'. 10 years is indeed a long time in horror, but both of these films have steathily stood the test of time.

'28 Days Later' is the best of the two, but only just. Okay so there is the odd silly bit, or rather the occasional logic defying decision made by the characters (you just wouldn't have driven through that tunnel, would you!?); but in short it's a haunting, atmospheric gem that looks as good now as it did then.

I happen to like '28 Weeks Later' too. The character development is stronger, the gore a little gorier and Robert Carlisle typically excellent.

You don't need me to go into the detail, all I'd say is that both of these films deserved to be watched again and what better way to do so than by purchasing this neat little box-set at what looks to be a budget price!

10 years from now?.....I think they'll still be great! What more can you ask for?

AJM