4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read the reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Kettle
Published on 28 Feb 2010 by Margaret Thorp

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read the reviews, 31 Jan 2008
Shaya (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Morphy Richards Black Retro Traditional Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
I own this kettle and was really pleased with it, I love the shape the colour(Its black like this one)and its nice to use, the whistle sounds more like a bomb dropping from the sky than a kettle, but its OK. Just after Christmas 07 the paint started peeling off and its starting to look tatty so I came onto Amazon to buy the stainless steal one and discovered the reviews, hardly anyone had a good thing to say about the brand as a whole. I think I shall look for another type other than Morphy Richards. Thanks everyone you've done me a favour.
Since writing this review, I contacted Morphy Richards and they are sending me a replacement in stainless steal. Will see how long it lasts.
Watch this space!

They sent another black one and...
Kettle number 2 is going through the same, the black paint is not just peeling off but practically falling off! Have revised my star rating down to TWO STARS. I am going to write again and complain. The plain stainless steal one would be a better buy, at least the paint wont come off!

Well I did write and...
They sent yet another!!!
Definitely cant fault them for service but haven't chanced it this time. Left it in its box and bought a Breville!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kettle, 28 Feb 2010
Margaret Thorp (UK) - See all my reviews
Ours is 19 months old. The element has gone, the paint is peeling, the base has had a repair as the push fit connectors were not crimped correctly and overheated. I would not buy another one. In use the water bubbles from the outlet and splashes around when you try to pour out immediately after boiling. You have to wait a minute or so to safely pour out the water, not so good for tea making!

5.0 out of 5 stars prompt service, 14 Oct 2009
A beautiful product. Fits in nicely into my kitchen. Arrived well within the promised delivery date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pourer, 4 Feb 2009
Good looking kettle with amusing whistle. Could be a bit "chunkier" but has an excellent pour and is quick to boil.

ARRAY(0x112c8b04)