5.0 out of 5 stars Air Pump
I purchased a Biorb flow 30L as my 1st ever aquarium, I st it all up, plugged the air pump supplied with it and me and my missus looked at each other in disgust at the racket the pump was making! lol.

Published on 16 Jun 2012 by jme

2.0 out of 5 stars gutted
Very disappointed - far from silent, tv only just drowns out the annoying humming in the back ground. Would not recommend to anyone.
Published 19 months ago by Bompey Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars Air Pump, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Tetra APS50 Air Pump (Misc.)

Then next day I looked all over the internet for the best air pump money could buy for with noise reduction 1# priority and this get coming up in forums etc etc

ordered it for 12 including p+p and think its the best buy Ive made this year! so quiet i can now hear the bubbles in the tank instead of the working parts of the air pump day and night, bought a non return valve for 2 is well, added that and placed the pump under my desk, if it wasn't for the bubbles i wouldn't notice it was even there now!.

A must buy if you are looking for a quiet, quality air pump which wont break your bank!

2.0 out of 5 stars gutted, 6 Feb 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasting Performance is Lacking, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Tetra APS300 Air Pump (Misc.)
I bought one of these about a year ago, compared with others they make just as much noise. One of the two air supplies has already nearly stopped so in terms of build quality the brand name means little for lasting quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetra Tech APS150 Air Pump- Quiet Quiet Quiet!!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tetra APS150 Air Pump (Misc.)
I bought this as a replacement for an Ehiem equivalent which kept blowing the pipe off no matter how hard I jammed it back. Its powering a single air stone in 100 litre tank, purely for decorative purposes!

Its been running for 24hrs and in my experience (kept fish for over 20 years!) its best to let air pumps run for this kind of time before making a decision on if its noisy or not. It gives the diaphragm a chance to warm and soften a bit. They all are noisy when they are first switched on.

It’s pumping the air through admirably and is very very quiet so I am very pleased. Its interesting four legged design does seem to stand up to the blurb on the box and I am very happy with it. As for reliability, who knows but if it packs in I'll update!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Air Pump, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Tetra APS50 Air Pump (Misc.)
So many air pumps say they are quiet on the packaging and turn out to be rather loud. My last pump could even be heard in adjoining rooms, irritating several people at night, especially me as this is in my bedroom.

The Tetratec 50 is great... although it is not totally silent it is very quiet (and I have placed it on the floor behind a cupboard and fitted a valve to prevent water flooding back into the pump if I turn it off). At night I slow the air flow right down, this makes it quieter still and does not disturb my sleep, it's probably nice for the fish to have a bit of quiet too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange usage of the word quiet, 14 Mar 2012
JMK (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra APS300 Air Pump (Misc.)
I think you might guess where this is going just from the title of this review. I realy was expecting something quiet and instead get something louder than the one it replaces ARGH!!! It pumps air OK but thats where it ends. The pump is now sitting on top of some padding so as to cut down on the hum. The vibration is such that the air pipes must not touch anything including the surface the pump is on otherwise the noise becomes quite overbearing. After reading the advertising bumph I am quite disapointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tetra APS100, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Tetra APS100 Air Pump (Misc.)
This item only worked for about 4 hours when it stopped pumping air, on investigation part of the internal case had broken, after I attempted a repair without success I contacted the Tetra company they sent a repair kit which was not able to make the repair, I returned it and the pump with my letter to which I have as yet had no reply. It was sent about 2 weeks ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly silent..., 16 Mar 2012
C. Day - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra APS300 Air Pump (Misc.)
Amazon advert says 'extremely quiet', big letters on the front of the box says 'silent aquarium air pump', smaller wording further down says 'extremely quiet and powerful' and then finally in very small wording on the side of the box it says '... innovative design reduces noise'

Turn it on and it's not exactly silent or even quiet, for that matter. It is, however, a very good pump, and, if you can get over the noise, you'll love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as quiet as expected, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tetra APS100 Air Pump (Misc.)
I'd been told by many that this was the quietest air pump on the market for this sort of price; I dread to think how loud other brands are! Although I will admit that my aquarium is in my bedroom, so it probably just sounds louder when you're trying to sleep. However in every other sense, this air pump works just dandy. I've simply resorted to turning it off at night and turning it back on in the morning!

5.0 out of 5 stars tetra air pump, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tetra APS300 Air Pump (Misc.)
this is the most quiet air pump that i have ever heard [or not] its so quiet you dont even now its on apart from the bubbles of course

Tetra APS100 Air Pump