4.0 out of 5 stars i like this,many wont, 26 Sep 2007
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sirens (Audio CD)
Following the release of this album,vocalist nick,left the band leaving the album looking awkward,new singer jason does not feature but he will have to sing these songs and the songs from their previous two releases and we will see how he does.
Nevertheless,this album is indeed a departure in sound for the former metalcore/screamcore upstarts.This is now a more emo sound in parts,mixed with bites of melodic hardcore and hard rock akin to the sound that eighteen visions flaunted before they ended their stay in the world of music,gamble?,maybe,will they gain new fans,yes,will they lose old ones,yes!
The album kicks off nicely with 'a constant reminder' and a new sound is heard but its a very catchy song,make no mistake of that.Certainly the word catchy can be floored around the majority of these tracks and its a very polished and dependable album,the songs 'reignite the fire' and 'on the road (to damnation) are pretty poor and standard fodder that wouldnt fill a hole in your musical tooth.
Its the sound of an album that will hear the word sell out thrown at them but they should survive the cull,a good album,no scrap that,a great album,but dont expect the fierce howls from yesteryear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its dies today, sirens slays today!, 23 Nov 2006
Mr. S. Green (Grimsby, Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sirens (Audio CD)
Anyone who say's this band has sold out couldn't be further from the truth, if you own their previous album "the caitiff choir" then you will simply love this, it is along the same lines it just has more polish which in my opinion is a good thing. They have used the same song mechanics as the previous album mixing raw screaming with beautiful vocals, the singer has a great voice which i never tire of hearing, you may think a lot of bands use these song structures and you'd be right the difference is It dies today pull it off so much better than most and with grace. I only got this album the other day at the same time as Killswitch engages new album "as dayligt dies" [which is also an awesome album] and it is this cd which has been getting my attention so that say's a lot. The chorus's are catchy as hell and the guitar riffs are both pulsating and flowing, theres several guitar solo's on this album which will please guitarists such as myself, they add a nice slice of variety to the metalcore feel to this cd. I couldn't reccommend this album any more, especially if you're into metalcore such as atreyu, as i lay dying, and even bands such as trivium [pre-crusade] and killswitch engage. 10/10 Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhere they've changed., 10 Nov 2006
Mr. Liam Wharnsby (Romford, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sirens (Audio CD)
I don't know wether its just me, but didn't It Dies Today used to be the heaviest band ever! I'm talking about the 'Forever Scorned' ep. I was a fan back then and loved the brutality of it all. 'Blood Stained Bedsheet Burden' being the greatest moment on that cd.

I also have the 'Caitiff Choir', which was no doubt heavy, but seemed to be getting close to that emo sound that the kids love these days. Standout tracks being: 'Freak Gasoline Fight Accident' and 'Marigold'.

This third CD from IDT seems to be even closer to emo. Barely any of the beatdowns remain from the early ep. The singer seems to prefer singing to screaming now days. All in all it's still a good album. If you were a fan of the early stuff then you'll probably be disapointed. I think the next album will see them touring with Fall Out Boy and Taking Back Sunday, rather than the hardcore bands they should be compared with.

One thing that I was impressed with is the production, unlike the origional version of 'Caitiff Choir' it is very listenable, and I have to admit it's easier to get into. I gave it 4 stars, because it really isn't a bad album, its just not like the band I remember from the first ep. I bought mine from amazon market place for 4 so I'm pretty happy with it. If you're not sure, you can hear the whole album on pure volume.

Sirens
Sirens by It Dies Today (Audio CD - 2010)