4.0 out of 5 stars Great product
I got this for my 55 G reef tank and it works perfect, I got the RCD tripped once because my float switch was leaking electricity to the water, I put relay for the float switch and finally everything is fine but the RCD did a good job, the only drawback that I see is that it will not resume after power cut off and need to be resumed manually
Published on 21 Nov 2010 by Moh3377

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken. Glad I tested it before using!
Pretty appalled to have received this and just before using it I thought I should do the test thing it always says to do. And to my horror, it was broken, the test failed. Disappointed to say the least, but actually pretty amazed that a product designed for my safety, could in fact have done quite the opposite. Send back for a refund.
Published 7 months ago by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked!, 10 Feb 2013
G. Kennedy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
I bought this for my son to use in his shed when using hedgecutters. My husband went round and used the hedgecutters, cut through the cord, nasty bang and flash of blue light but he was not hurt at all. Marvellous!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive and Practical RCD,very fast reaction times., 20 July 2011
Amazon Customer (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
Received one of these within 24 hours from Amazon using prime.

This unit is very very quick to switch off power to any faulty appliance connected to it and i tested it using a known faulty kettle - it provided an almost instantaneous off,must have been

milliseconds in reacting and isolating mains!

If you don't mind the dark colour of it on a white socket it really is a bargain with its specifications pretty much the same as models way over double the price.

I have mine behind a unit that connects to a belkin surge-cube as well - so it's not on display - protecting me, my family and thousands of pounds of recording equipment.

This is a small price to pay for total peace of mind with the dangers of electricity if a fault develops on any equipment we have.

Orange indicator could do with slightly better visibility, but as for function absolutely no complaints.

Highly Recommended - excellent value for money for a quality product that can be depended on.
*DOA rate* was 1 unit in every 11 over all our orders placed for more of these in different properties. Faulty units were replaced within 24 hrs using prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterplug RCD adapter, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
A must for all dads with power tools. Plug on of these in to avoid gardening and DIY accidents. It will happen to the best of us, a split second and snip, bang...Save money or worse still electricution. Plug in,use all time for hedge cutters,strimmers, movers ,drills etc. Best money spent ever with the exception of a crash helmet to save your life. A must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety RCD Adaptor, 20 May 2010
Mr. Alan S. Pratt (Warwickshire , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
Having dropped my original RCD Adapter I purchased this one at half the price of a similar one in Argos .
Delivery was speedy and the item works very well .
This is a must for all outside jobs needing an Electric supply and is highly recommended .

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical for home safety, 18 Oct 2008
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
Though many switch boards these days have RCD's built in, it's better to be safe than sorry, which is why I recommend you buy one of these. Just plug the thing into the mains, press reset, test, then reset again. If the red blinker disappears when you press test, you're good to go.

The RCD compares the amount of current leaving the device (to the appliance) against the current coming back in. If it detects a leak in the current i.e. electricity flowing through your body, it shuts off the circuit faster than the time it takes for the current to reach your heart.

RCD's are essential when using lawn mowers and other potentially dangerous equipment. I recommend you buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars master ARCDKG Safety adaptor, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
this adaptor is fine.Instructions easy to follow, would recommend
it to anyone, good price compared with others seen. have ordered
another for friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor, 3 May 2013
Mr. B. Crowley (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
Outstanding value for the money,robust construction and gives peace of mind when using electrical goods,particularly in the garden or home

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing a grand job, 2 May 2013
Steven A. Barker (moray, scotland, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor (DIY & Tools)
using this as part of my imac/music setup.

feels secure enough should power surge happens. This product is the minimum you should have for your computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken. Glad I tested it before using!, 5 Dec 2013