5.0 out of 5 stars What a life
Published on 8 Oct. 2011 by Discerning

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made!
Don't bother wasting your money, Very flimsy. The plastic couplers bend from the weight of the cat and they end up sliding off.The whole thing is warped now. Useless in less than a week. If I could I wouldn't give one star.
Published 2 months ago by James R.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a life, 8 Oct. 2011
Discerning - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle, Standard (Misc.)
Very nice. Snuggled up against a warm radiator in a warm fleecy bed, away from nasty cold draughts. Removable, washable cover. The 'narrow' version is actually the standard version, which will fit a radiator up to 6.5cm or 2 1/2 inches deep (as it says on the box). This is really important - if your radiator is just under 3 inches wide, you can slightly bend the hooked ends out a little to fit, which will be better than buying the wide version. Mine is just under 3 inches and I initially bought the wide version and the bed sloped downwards, although he gamely slept at an angle on the edge. Now he is curled up in the middle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made!, 19 Nov. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, our design, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
I bought this for our older cat as she likes nothing more than being up off the floor out of the dogs' way. That and being warm; I thought this would be perfect.

Perfect idea this might be but the implementation is awful. The bed is flimsy, the frame poor quality with plastic connectors that aren't going to last five minutes but the worst thing about this bed is that when you hang it on the radiator it points down so our poor cat is dumped off. She gave it a go but the problem is that you can't get away from the fact it is a very short furry slide.

I would not recommend this product. A better designed one yes, definitely but not this one. Shame the cost of returning it to Amazon is prohibitive or I would have done so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect!, 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
After looking at quite a few radiator beds before purchasing, I'm please to say my choice was definitely approved by the cats, who took to the bed after a small investigatory delay of about 90 seconds. This wide-fitting model fits over a double radiator and provides a stable and comfy hammock for my two fully-grown though fairly small cats. The bed has now been in use for three weeks and is easy to move from one room to another. The framework was simple and quick to assemble and is certainly sturdy - it copes with the cats' flying leaps and landings without so much as a wobble. The fleece cover is cosy and substantial and has held its shape well.

5.0 out of 5 stars He Loves it., 4 Jun. 2010
P. Ridgway "Philip" (Mull of Galloway, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
We were unsure about this because we had been adopted by an older cat and we did not know how he would take to the hammock. No problems - he took to it enthusiastically and appears to be able to sleep for the Olympics. Now the weather is getting warmer he is using it less often but we presume that he will take to it again come Autumn.

NOTE:- if you have double radiators then you have to get the wide support or it will not be stable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Hammock, 14 Jan. 2011
C. Scott "goldeneye" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
Arrived quickly, despite all the pre Christmas postal mayhem.

Been very well used by the cats. Perfect. Just waiting for a human sized version to be made and then everyone will be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Two!, 28 Jan. 2012
E. Murphy "farmer" (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
I bought one of these for our risk taking tabby who lived dangerously by sitting on the radiator until she bear the heat no longer. Now she can move between the sheepskin type surface of this device and the bare metal when she chooses to do so.

The device is very simple to construct and position. Molly did manage to partially dislodge it once and to partially separate the elements holding it together but its so well thought through that I'd say its very safe. The outer wrapping keeps the device safely together.

Highly recommended and inexpensive. I bought a second one for another room.

Make sure you get the correct width for your radiator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
I am very happy with the cats cradle that I purchased and my big ginger tom cat is too. He used it virtually straight from the beginning and appears to be very comfortable there. It arrived promtly too despite being before Christmas and after the bad weather. Canac Cats Cradle

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, unreliable product, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
Unlike other similar products, there is no option to screw the 2 pipes, therefore it is not stable at all. After 2 days one of the tubes (which has been made of aluminium) has come apart from the "connector" on one side, so I have thrown this piece of crap out because my cat might have fallen out and hurt himself. It's a pity because he really adored this rest place, so I will definitely buy him a better product from another manufacturer :) .

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Canac Cat's Cradle Wide (Misc.)
Don't waste your money on this cheap, badly-made piece of kit. I bought this for my little female cat who loves snuggling on the back of the sofa, after seeing a friend's cat happily sleeping in one. How I wish I'd asked her where she got that one-it was sturdy and well-made and her cat was safe in it. This one is cheap and nasty-made only of tubular aluminium poles that "slot" into ends of a plastic connector and then the frame is inserted in the cover. I managed to put it together but the instructions don't tell you that the cover opening should be facing the radiator, so I had to do it again. Once up it didn't look very secure, the bed slopes rather a lot, but my little girl wasted no time in climbing into it and went happily to sleep, so I left it. Two days later I have noticed she's not using it-unsurprisingly as the tube has come apart from the "connector" on one side (and is very loose on the other) therefore it has broken. Despite putting it back together it continues to fall apart and if my little cat fell out of it then obviously she's not going to trust it again. There are no guidelines about what weight it would take but she only weighs about 1.5 kg, she's hardly some great creature getting into it. I am now looking for a sturdy model and I hope she will sleep in one again, as for the whole 48 hours it lasted, she loved it.

Canac Cat's Cradle, Standard