5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Cat, Happy Me.
I bought this bed for my cat as it had been constantly sleeping on MY bed, something that I'm really not keen on. Thankfully, since I bought it, my bed is now my own!

Things to note about this cat bed are:
Published 18 months ago by Rachel Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy
Very flimsy and not as sturdy as other cat radiator beds that I have brought no screws in it so find that bars are alwAys slipping out of holders would be better if it was fixed together with screws . Once on radiator though it's fine but just think it could be sturdier
Published 3 months ago by Laylaa

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Cat, Happy Me., 14 Oct. 2013

Things to note about this cat bed are:
- The wide part refers to how wide your radiator is at the top. This is for the big fat type of radiator. I'm going to upload a picture to show what I mean, but if you have the thin type of radiator you need the standard one.
-The bed is quite small, if you have a massive cat they might have to really curl up to fit comfortably.
-It comes with great instructions and is easy to build. Putting it on the radiator is as easy as placing it on. I'm useless at building stuff and it took me two minutes. The cover slides on and off through an envelope type flap so you can easily dismantle it for washing. It's a fleecy type fabric that feels soft and warm.

At first my cat would not go onto this bed. I placed her on it, she jumped off. Repeat. Then I put the radiator on and tried again- she loved the warmth of it and now stays on it, almost permanently, even when the radiator is off. A little catnip spray also helps. She now sees that as her bed, and my bed as my bed, which means we are both happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not keen at first but now it's a hit!, 6 Jan. 2012
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
I bought two of these for my two rescue cats, Poppy and Daisy. I was beginning to regret taking the plunge and getting two because for about 2 weeks neither one of them would go anywhere near them. I tried various things to tempt them and finally i found that putting one of their blankets on top tempted them to at least try it. Now they can hardly be parted from them. Just to clarify, the "wide" label seems to refer to the size radiator they fit rather than the space given for the cat to sleep on. This fit my 4 inch wide radiators perfectly. With single radiators you would I imagine need to order the standard size.

My only warning would be is that the beds I received weren't the grey tones shown in the photo. Mine were a cream fleece with a toffee coloured paw print. Not a problem for me as it suits my decor better than the grey would (not that with cat beds hanging from the radiators I'll be expecting Homes and Gardens coming for a photo shoot any time soon you understand) but if the colour is an issue for you, it might be worth clarifying before ordering.

As for construction, it is metal tubing with the two pieces held together by a sturdy plastic tube. I wouldn't like to stake my mortgage on it holding 12 kg but so far so good and both of my cats are known to share just one of the beds so I would say it is suited for purpose for which is intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, stays flat, no radiators harmed, 16 Sept. 2011
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
I've had a couple of different types of radiator beds. Some claim to fit wide radiators but are difficult to get on, mark the metal etc. We've had one of these Kumfy Kradles for a long time and I've bought another because the 2 cats fought over one. The main difference is the bottom part stays very flat so cat can curl up in a shape they like. Some other models are quite saggy. I put a small fluffy cat bed/mat thing into it that can be put in the wash regularly then I only have to vacuum this cradle. It is easy to put together, my first one has been going strong for many years. It doesn't mark the raditor and the cats love it. I love to see them asleep with there feet pushed up onto the radiator side of sometimes they sit on the edge just to warm their bottoms! 10/10 really.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loves this!, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
I bought this radiator bed as I have changed my radiators from old single ones to new double ones and the old radiator bed which my one cat loves so much no longer fitted. I wasn't sure he would like this bed as it is flatter than his other one which was very wide and deep and he could curl up in it, however, within 5 minutes of assembling this and putting it on the radiator he was on it! He stayed on it for about 6 hours straight too! It is a solid bed (my cat is quite big so it needs to be) and fits well on my new radiator. It is a solid construction and the fabric is good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a bed befitting my station, 2 Feb. 2013
Ray (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
After my servant removed the fish tank on which I was wont to lie basking in the warmth afforded by the tank lights, she quickly realised that she would be wise to order this radiator bed for me (and indeed very unwise not to).

What heaven! I no longer climb and leap via chair and table to a hard tank lid, I simply hop up, lie down...and sleep. Nor does my servant insist on sharing (an unforeseen advantage it must be said). This bed, fellow felines, is luxurious, yes, but might I also suggest that it is, well, essential for any cat who knows their worth? ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
This cat bed is brilliant. Very strong and substantial and not at all flimsy or rocky. Once lifted in, my cat soon settled down and stayed put for a good 3 hours! She still lays on the top of the radiator occasionally but settles back down when she gets too hot! The cover is good quality and although I haven't washed it yet, I'm sure it'll be fine when I do. Overall I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
my old lady cat loves getting cozy in the winter on the radiator, now she can do it with out burning herself!
teh 'wide' bit does refer to the width of the radiator though...not how wide the actual bed part is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cat cradle., 22 Jan. 2015
M. L. Moore (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
Arrived quickly. Reasonably easy to put together (a bit fiddly but only took a minute or two). Fits well on my double radiator. The pad is snuggly and supportive. Ziggy seems to like it, now I just need to persuade him to sleep in it at night instead of on the end of my bed!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Cat LOVES it ..., 4 Mar. 2015
MKMale (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
It took less than 3 minutes before my cat Bear was investigating the new bed. I thought I might have to tempt her up onto it, but no chance. She jumped straight up onto it, a quick sniff and she settled down for a nap.
She LOVES it, has spent most of the day and evenings on it.
It fits the double radiators I have. A great purchase. well made and judging by the amount of time Bear has spent on it, it's comfortable and sturdy. Holds her weight no trouble (The Vet visit 27/02/15 she weighed 4.3 kg)

5.0 out of 5 stars Danish design kumfy kradle - wide, 28 Dec. 2009
Mrs. D. Carr (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE (Misc.)
Although our cat isn't big we bought the wide version because he likes to spread out and dangle over the side of things, this is a perfect size. I was a little worried when i first put it over the radiator because it didn't seem as though it would hold once my cat was in it but the added weight acts like a lever and holds it in place perfecly. The cover comes off for washing and its very simple to put together.

DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE