5.0 out of 5 stars Ohh, No Missues...
Frankie Howerd will always be remembered for Up Pompeii, however their is his autobiographical confessions to look forward too.
Published on 8 Mar 2010 by R. Reel

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Let down
Published 21 months ago by J. Knowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Ohh, No Missues..., 8 Mar 2010
R. Reel "The Raven" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frankie Howerd - The Howerd Confessions - Comedy Legend [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is hilarious and has all the typical gags and one liners you would expect, the episodes sees Frankie tell some great stories following him to Hospital, were he is nursed by a very flamboyant Madeline Smith, A World War Two escape plan, The time he was accused for flashing and the time he nearly got married.
All in all this is a really funny series and is well worth a glimpse, Carry On queen, Joan Sims provides alot of casting support as well as a few other things (See episode six), Frankie at his near best... Titter ye Not!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grandmother Was Right, 31 Dec 2010
Armchair Pundit "Armchair Pundit." (Durham City, England.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I always thought Frankie Howerd was comedy for my grandmother's age group until I watched "Up Pompeii" and also the film "The House In Nightmare Park".
That was when I changed my opinion and realized that when he had good writer's he could reach out and amuse any generation. This set shows that to be true.
(And any "Avengers" fan will be most most impressed with the episode featuring Linda Thorson, oo err missus titter ye not.)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain!, 9 Feb 2012
R. DONLAN (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I knew nothing about this show beforehand but I have to say as a Frankie Howerd fan I loved watching him going through his paces. Once again Frankie as always engages with the audience even stopping other actors for a laugh or a comment just like he did in Up Pompeii it's great fun to watch a seasoned pro at work. My favourite episode was the hospital episode but they are all good, plus it's an absolute bargain. Time to embrace Frances once more missus!

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Howerd., 3 Feb 2014
If you like Frankie Howerd then you will enjoy this. Without wanting to spoil any plot, there are plenty of typical Howerd laughs. A good offering from the days when sitcom was king.

5.0 out of 5 stars he was the funniest, 1 July 2013
how can you review Frankie Howerd? All you can do is laugh. as an octogenarian I've loved Howerds saucy humour for 50 years

4.0 out of 5 stars frankie howerd confessions, 26 Mar 2011
the frankie howerd confessions is good but i much prefered 'up pompei',good value though for £3.99.each episode is a short story.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Howerd Confessions, 31 Oct 2013
I have to admit I haven't viewed this dvd yet, but having grown up with numerous comics in the 50's , I know I will enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
ace

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Let down, 20 Jan 2013
J. Knowles - See all my reviews
I have always been a great fan of Frankie Howerd and having read the reviews this DVD sounded great. The product was dispatched very quickly but that is where a possible good review was ruined. I tried the disc in Eager to view my new purchase, I put it into my player but it would not play at all. A few days later I tried it in two different machines but it failed to play in those either. I then noticed that the DVD was Region 0 (Worldwide), but it would seem that the UK is no longer part of the known World! I sent the disc back and was refunded my money, as there were no replacements available. There was indication that the DVD was anything other that Region 2 when I purchased it. I would warn anyone else to avoid Region 0, as you may have the same problem as I had.

John K Scottish Highlands