on 2 February 2014
I have always been interested in Elizabeth 1. Watching this documentary has given me a clear view of what her life was like before and after she was Queen. Anyone who loves the Tudor period should watch this documentary.
on 26 January 2011
My wife is a devoted fan of things Elizabethan and she was very pleased with the accurate, beautifully presented protrayal of one of histories most intelligent, politically accomplished and extraordinary women. Super presentation by David Starkey and something we will return to many times in the future.
on 25 July 2014
I have the others in this set 6 wives of Henry v111,Henry v111Tyrant.I was not disappointed with Elizabeth 1 either . All 3 dvds are great ,told very well by David Starkey.If you love this era you must get these.
on 4 August 2011
It is one of my most watched DVD's. I enjoy the way in which Starkey tell's her amazing life time story.
on 4 April 2016
Very interesting DVD with the usual David Starkey dialogue. Includes a lot of information I didn't know about Elizabeth I, despite my avid interest in her and her tyrannical father. Worth the watch.
on 3 July 2012
I have always been interested in some of english history, especially the english Queens, male dominated society at those times must have made it tough. I saw alittle of this when in was on tv some years ago; very glad I purchased it. Not only do you have the queen at her most popular, but what lead her to be the queen she was. David starkey does not drone on but gives the facts, and no biased opinion. really enjoyed it and will watch again
on 24 April 2009
This DVD was such informative and enjoyable viewing. Dr. Starkey, thank you for sharing your vast and comprehensive personal knowledge of the Tudor period with us. If our current Queen Elizabeth is reading then a Knighthood for David wouldn't go a miss your Majesty?
on 18 August 2015
Saw the series live. Bought it as a gift. Undeniably controversial, Starkey is a superb historian.
on 20 July 2014
Good DVD to help with my sons history a level
on 30 May 2015
Delivered promptly; very good documentary