4.0 out of 5 stars Seat mounted pannier rack
Takes about 15 seconds to secure by clampng to seatpost.
Good if you have more than 1 bike, have a full suspension bike or dont want to spend time tightenting loose swcrews every fortnight which is usually the problem with a standard rack.
Aluminium construction (rust-proof and easy to clean)
Standard fxing for a rear pannier light.
Holds 2 side...
Published on 4 Aug 2009 by D. Outar

3.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Alloy Seat Post
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Wl Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Seat mounted pannier rack, 4 Aug 2009
D. Outar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RSP Pioneer Urban Alloy Rear Carrier - Black, 10 Kg (Sports)
Takes about 15 seconds to secure by clampng to seatpost.
Aluminium construction (rust-proof and easy to clean)
Standard fxing for a rear pannier light.
Holds 2 side mounted pannier bags each holding 5kg.
I have used this on a dirt bike and a 'courier style' dirt bike. It hangs well over off road and on road terrains with minimum flex however the best bit is the ease of removal so it can be carried into the gym/office or removed if you want to do some serious off roading.
Only downside is some panmnier bags may not fit properly so check bags instore before purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Alloy Seat Post, 12 Oct 2010
Wl Brown (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This product is very reasonable price, and is suitable for the task, with one exception. The quick release mechanism is difficult to adjust so that the item is tight enough on the seat post, even trying both rubber inserts. Too tight and you cannot do it up without brute force and the mechanism bends and will probably break. I didn't go that far with mine. But without it being VERY tight, the rack has a tendency to swing whilst loaded, and therefore foul the wheel, one side or the other. I solved this by replacing the quick relase bolt with a normal hex bolt, and did the thing up with a (screwdriver). This allows a greater degree of tightness. It also is more secure when the bike is left because it is much more difficult for an opportunist thief to undo and remove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 14 Sep 2009
Goose (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to fit onto my Scott racing bike to carry a panier, one man tent, sleeping bag and therma-rest. I used it for just over 1,000 miles of cycling over 13 days (John O'Groats to Lands End) - no problems at all. I had a panier on one side and then my tent, bag, and rest in individual waterproof sacks on the other side to balance it out. I really liked the fact that I could just unbolt the rack and carry the whole thing away in a couple of minutes - useful when knackered and the last thing you want to do is mess around with paniers.

Just before I was about to set off a couple who had finished earlier in the day came over to chat - they also used this rack and had no problems with it.

The only negative I can think of is that the handle used for tightening the bracket occasionally rubbed on my thigh but it was not enough to cause any problems (65 to 90 miles a day).

I did read about people experiencing handling problems on racing bikes after fitting seat post racks - I can say that although you can definately feel the extra weight I still felt confident reaching speeds upto 30mph (downhill!) and had no problems climbing hills.

4.0 out of 5 stars South Downs Way, 3 Jun 2009
Mr. Cm Smith (Bourton, Dorset) - See all my reviews
Bought this for the 100 mile South Downs Way cycle route which I completed recently. Sturdy and quick to fit/remove, it locates directly onto the saddle stem requiring no other fixing points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 10 Sep 2010
Mr. R. Van Elst (Thornbury, South Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been using this for my 22 miles commute for several weeks now, in combination with the Avenir triple bags luggage which fits really well and a Basta Zoom rear light and reflector screwed onto the rear-mount. I don't like carrying a backpack so always used my old heavy hybrid with fixed carrier. Now I can turn my racing bike into a fast commuter within seconds. It works on my mountain-bike too, I am ready for shopping through the snow now.
It's surprisingly stable although you have to remember that the weight sits relatively high: It will easily carry the weight of a laptop computer but you will feel some unbalance when you are standing on the pedals to climb a hill. Not a problem though, just a reminder that your bike is carrying something. The clamp on the post is very well made although it's a little wide and I can sometimes feel the inside of my legs slightly touching it. It's subtle though and there are no sharp edges; it probably depends on your height (I am 6"5) and bike's geometry whether that will be a problem or not. Very good value, my bikes are much more all-round usable thanks to this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but 10 Kg max weight, 4 Aug 2010
The clip works well and is easy to use .

Is excellent if you have a rare bike frame design and needs no tools to put on and take off.

Has a 10KG weight limit which I was not aware of would of liked to have known this.

After road testing this with over 18KG across 250 KM on roads and off roads I give it full marks excellent product tought as hell !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 10 Jun 2009
H. Gay (England) - See all my reviews
This pannier rack has worked very well on my bike and I am extremely pleased with it. I could not find any other which fitted on my bike and used my existing pannier bags. This will fit any bike if you have 2 inches of seat post. It Is strong and robust and really easy to clip on and off. My sister brought one after seeing mine

5.0 out of 5 stars seat post carrier, 16 July 2009
light and strong,
I have cycled 1200 km with 10kg on the carrier no problems what so ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wobbly, 7 Oct 2011
Very wobbly. Not recommended. I shall be buying another properly fixed one soon. Basically I don't like having a carrier sitting behind me that can end up rubbing against the wheels. Very annoying

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 1 Mar 2011
J Stenton (Hereford UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this type of rack as my mountain bike has disc brakes and most other raks attached to the frame by the wheel as wouldnt have been suitable.

Very easy to fit. I had to slightly bend out the side supports because my pannier bag straps were catching in the wheels slightly.

Also, nowhere apparent to be able to attach a light to. Comes with a fixed red reflector on the end.

I am pretty pleased with it.

RSP Pioneer Urban Alloy Rear Carrier - Black, 10 Kg