Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

Hamax Sno Rider Sledge - Red
Colour: RedChange
Price:£18.82+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 6 February 2012
I bought a pair of these sledges for my partner and I some months back and finally at the weekend we got the opportunity to try them out.

The feel of the sledge is quite flimsy, there's no getting around that. The braking/steering levers don't emit a great sense of trust in the build quality and I must admit it was with a little hesitation that I launched myself off down the slopes of Darley Park in Derby for the first time. The first run was very much a learning experience as I gained confidence in what control I had over the sledge, but quickly realised that I could guide it with complete accuracy wherever I chose. Over perhaps two dozen runs over some pretty harsh bumps the sledge stood up to all of the considerable abuse I gave to it, and the braking/steering gave me confidence to go as fast as I possibly could. And this I noticed was a great deal faster than most of the others on the slopes. The precise controls allowed me to slipstream close behind my partner until I could out from behind her, pass by, and flick back in front. I was even able to weave through the tree line.

Size wise they are pretty compact. My partner at 5"4ish was able to keep her feet on the sledge. On my first run I tried the same but at 5"9 found it a little uncomfortable so instead extended my legs straight out in front of me which helped improve aerodynamics and increase speed. This posture did mean that I have a little soreness under my knees afterwards from where they were resting on the edge of the plastic. My back has also got a small bruise from leaning against the rear of the sledge.

So, I'm dropping a point in the rating purely on the apparent build quality of the sledge and ergonomics, but after two hours of hard and fast sledging both chariots have come through with no damage whatsoever and put very broad smiles on our faces indeed.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this last year and used it for the few days of snow. It is good as it is wide so it is easier to keep the balance and not fall. But after few days one of the steering/braking things snapped off as my daughter fell sideways. It was still good to use, but the plastic cracked in few places and now it doesnt go down properly. But it is very good for snow, until it breaks!
on 23 December 2010
My 5 year old grandson has spent many hours of fun with this sledge.
Very fast and easy to ride.
Would recommend it for fun in the snow.