5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Step Up
Published on 28 Oct. 2010 by Netlagged

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a descant recorder
Beware! If you searched for "sopranino recorder" and were presented with this along with other genuine sopranino recorders, this is NOT a sopranino recorder but what, in England, is called a descant recorder.
Published 17 months ago by Geoff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Step Up, 28 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
I bought a YRS-302B as a step up from my beginners Yamaha 24B and I am amazed at the quality and the sound of the 302B. I love playing it and the quality and feel is outstanding for a resin recorder. I know people rave over wooden recorders but I prefer to play the 302B over my Moeck wooden recorder which was over £100. Along with the recorder you get a full length case so you can leave the recorder assembled, some recorder cream, cleaning rod and leaflet. I find the recorder cream really helps with the sound as you obviously get a good join on each section. Anyone moving on from a beginner should get one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent learning recorder for children, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter who wanted to learn to play as part of a school club. On receiving advice from a recorder teacher, the soprano was recommended as a first recorder. It comes with it's own case and cleaning equipment, with a little plastic sleeve on the case to record your name (very handy if taking to school!). My daughter found it easy to use in terms of finger work but it does emit a rather shrill noise if you blow too hard - seems to be rather sensitive but, therefore, teaches you to blow gently to get a truer note. In this sense, it may suit a more seasoned player but I would recommend anyway for a first timer; just be prepared to keep reminding your little one to blow gently! Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for ensemble players, 27 Feb. 2008
R. Graham (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
I have had this recorder for many years now, and it is a great quality instrument. The sound quality is very good, although you have to be careful not to overblow, or it can be very shrill (definitely not an instrument for beginners!). It brings a bit of variety to any recorder group, and is much better than its Aulos counterpart.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent buy, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
this is a fantastic buy as my daughter wanted an instument and it was a choice between a recorder or a violin, it is very well made and the case it came in was absolutely fantastic she looks so smart carrying it arund with her. would definitely reccomend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sounding instrument, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
My young daughter is very proud to own this version of recorder. she says it has a much better sound than the ones issued at school, and although it may seem a little harder to play - its not as forgiving as some types - she finds it rewarding when it sounds so lovely

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 16 Feb. 2014
Cianta (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
I bought this for my 7 year old who is learning to play in the school recorder club. I remember playing (many) decades ago when I had a wooden recorder, but this has a much nicer, more mellow sound - now that she has mastered blowing it gently! The notes are easy for her small hands to reach.

It was delivered very promptly and arrived very well packaged.

She is so pleased with it she practises all the time......hmmmm........thanks.........!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for starters, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
My daughter loves this, she's only 5 and it's a bit squeaky when blown too hard (which is most of the time for her!) but when played properly it sounds nice...I long for that day!! It arrived promptly and I like that it has a case to keep it a little safer when chucked in her drawer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
I was very pleased with the product when it arrived
It arrived very quickly too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
A lovely recorder. Nice sound and true. Good enough for recitals and waaaaay cheaper than top line wooden ones. Leave those for the professionals ( who often have these as a backup).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with recorder, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder (Electronics)
Very pleased with recorder. I can now play above a top A (a top C and even a D) which I had difficulty doing on my daughter's recorder an Aulos although it is about 20 years old.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›