5.0 out of 5 stars A great gadget for your Dualit Light Toaster
Published on 8 Jun 2011 by William Percival

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless
This is such a great idea, I just wish it worked for me! Sadly, when I put two very thin slices of bread in with just a little cheese in the middle- the result was just two slices of toasted bread and the cheese was totally unmelted. In essence it's the same as just toasting the bread separately and putting slices of cheese in the middle. Very disappointing and really...
Published 3 months ago by M. E. May

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gadget for your Dualit Light Toaster, 8 Jun 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 00510 sandwich cage for Dualit lite toaster (Kitchen & Home)
If, like me, you enjoy a toasted sandwich then this a great tool for your Daulit light toaster. Simply place your sandwich in the grating and lower it into the toasting slot. This will leave you with a beautifully toasted sandwich that tastes as good as it looks. My favorite is cheddar cheese and ham with crusty white bread. Just a word of warning - don't overload your sandwich with cheese or you will end up with a gooey mess inside your toaster. Overall, a superb gadget that will produce yummy toasted sandwiches every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Dualit toaster should be without one, 1 July 2011
I usually ignore the 'Frequently bought together' suggestion when shopping at Amazon, but I'm very glad I didn't this time. It is the perfect addition to my Dualit toaster and makes creating a toasted sandwich very easy. Put the filling in the bread, butter the outside, put it in the cage and stick it in the toaster. Bingo!

My last experience with toasted sandwiches was back in the late 70's when electric sandwich makers were all the rage. As I recall they were often a pain to clean. Not so with this attachment. A quick wipe over in hot soapy water does the trick. The supplied booklet includes a few filling suggestions. I am very intrigued by the last one in the booklet - chocolate chip cookies and Marmite. I think someone at Dualit is having a laugh. If you like weird food then I recommend you buy this with your toaster and give it a go. I look forward to the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also fits Russell Hobbs toasters!, 6 Feb 2012
This is somewhat off at a tangent, but...

We got a new Russell Hobbs toaster for Christmas, our last one having died after over a decade of daily use!

One disappointment was that there is no toaster cage available as a spare part.
The ones from the old toaster were no use - too long and narrow, as the new toasted follows the trend for shorter but wider slots.
I almost never used the cages for toasted sandwiches, but to make it easier to retrieve small or irregular-shaped items from the toaster: bagels, teacakes, croissants, potato cakes, crumpets....

Looking on here, I thought that the Dualit Lite ones looked to be about the same size, so I ordered a pair (not from this link, sadly: the expected delay was too long).

I can confirm that the cages are a *perfect* fit for the Russell Hobbs 18117 Deluxe four-slot toaster!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, fantastic toasties, 24 Sep 2012
I was sceptical about getting this item as I assumed that because the bread would be so close to the elements it would burn before the filling has melted. However this is not the case, the finished result is a delicious toasty with lovely crisp and golden bread.

The instructions included tell you to butter the outside of the bread and I think this is what gives the fantastic texture and prevents the burning. About 2 and half minutes heating then a further minute left inside the warm toaster as instructed gave perfect results. I had cheese and tomato with a little mustard and its probably the best toasty iv ever had. Use the ingredients sparingly and there will be no mess.

Two cages are included and also a large selection of recipes, most of which are very creative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works quite well, 17 Jan 2013
Mark Lillywhite "mlillywh" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Nice add on for doing unsealed melted cheese toasties. It squeezes the sandwich just enough to stop it leaking. Works quite well

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy toasties!!!!, 30 Jun 2012
Exactly what they are, and make great little toasties!!!!! Have used a similar product in the past, but thought would try Dualit this time, especially as needed a new toaster and kettle, so bought the whole lot at the same time. Am glad I did as they look great and keep everyone happy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent extra for the Dualit Lite toaster, 26 Aug 2011
Carolus "CK" (Claypole, Lincs) - See all my reviews
We are delighted with our new toaster and this little accessory is well worth the extra money - enjoy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Every toaster should have one!, 10 Dec 2013
Just love this sandwich cage. Makes grear toasties. No mess & easy to clean.. A must for every Dualit toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovey product, 20 Nov 2013
Cannot fault this product. Very useful indeed Creates delicious sandwiches and toaster remains clean. Recommended to many people. Dualit toaster faultless

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toaster I've owned so far, 26 May 2013
I couldn't afford the top range Dualit but was fed up with naff toasters that were badly designed and inefficient, so being just before the Easter break when my last toaster blew up (literally!) I didn't want to be without a toaster over the long weekend. With thoughts of toasting hot cross buns in mind I liked the wide slots so I ordered. It was something of an occasion so I bought two loaves from the bakers, a white Italian and a wholemeal. It toasts superbly and easily fits random widths of bread as well as hot cross buns and bagels. About a month later I also bought the sandwich cage. I hadn't bought it with the toaster as I couldn't quite believe it wouldn't make a gooey mess in the toaster. However, having time to read all the reviews I decided to go ahead. I was not disappointed! Delicious toasted sandwiches, and as long as you don't over fill them you won't have a toaster filled with melted cheese. This also means your toasted sandwiches are not as high calorie as they could be! An excellent buy.