5.0 out of 5 stars High Definition at it's best, 1 Dec. 2008
T. DARBY (UK) - See all my reviews
I cannot overstate how brilliant the transfer of this blu-ray is. I recently bought surround sound and a receiver capable of processing high-def audio. When I played this I thought I was actually there. The quality of the audio is absolutely insane. Added to this the video is incredibly crisp and extremely detailed. Furthermore, the performances in this disc are excellent and cover a wide range of instruments. They literally are legends of jazz. At this price it is an absolute bargain - buy it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Legends of Jazz, 6 April 2010
Legends Of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis - Showcase [Blu-ray] [2006]
Legends of Jazz in Blue-ray is a recording that should be in every Jazz lovers collection. A collection of the top Jazz musicians brought together for a very entertaing production and the quality of the picture is excellent. The sound is very good but spoilt by an unbelievable error. The solo microphone is not working on most of the pieces and the instruments or artists are relying on other microphones that are in the vicinity. This is very noticeable due to the high quality of the Blue-ray sound. As this is a recording I can not believe it was not corrected. However, do not let this put you of purchasing this recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reference BD in 1080i, 10 Jan. 2009
Great BD , With the Best legends in Jazz, a Reference in 1080i, one of the most clean Images, you must buy this legacy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful compilation of Jazz in Blu-ray, 23 Jun. 2009
C. Aydiner (Istanbul, TURKEY) - See all my reviews
Both the image and sound quality is worthy of the blu-ray name (some blu-rays are not). Starting from the first performance, Legends of Jazz really moves you with its detailed picture and crisp sound. It features great artists who can be appreciated by any type of music listener. Also, at this price it is a steal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent both: Image and Music, 28 Jan. 2010
I have already the complete Season One (three DVD -zone 1-), but I choose to buy the Bluray version to watch it in true 1080i.

There is not a big difference between regular DVD and the BD, if you can watch the normal dvd upscaled to 1080p.

All the players are very good, it's not easy to choose between. I love Dave Valentin flute virtuoso performance, but really all themes are fine.

If you wish to have an excellent "demo disc" with superb audio and video, you must to buy it.

Only a complaint, the playing time (60')it's too short for me, compared with the complete version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift - liked, 6 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my husband. He never stops watching it, so I guess it is good - but not my personal taste in music, I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music and fantastic sound quality., 24 April 2013
L. WOO "LW" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The Blu-ray disc has 3 audio options. I only have 2 channel stereo so I use the 2.0 LPCM via the player's coaxial digital output. The sound was realistic, detailed, atmospheric and full. The stereo imaging was natural. It is a joy to listen to good music of this quality. I did try the Dolby TrueHD option and it seemed louder and more bassy, but the stereo image is not right.The image on the TV is nice and sharp with vibrant realistic colours.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Education in Jazz Styles, 27 May 2013
Thespionic "Thespionic" (West Country) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is an hour of top class jazz and a perfect way to introduce oneself to the top names and what they do. I found it thoroughly entertaining as it's such a varied mixture of instruments, vocals and playing styles. Well over a dozen artistes' strut their stuff in the studio with many old masters showing that they still have what it takes to be top dogs. They all seem so happy & contented and I loved their gear, very smart and/or colourful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous picture quality, excellent music, 1 Dec. 2013
My title says it all. Beautiful visuals with stunning hi-fi sound. I didn't notice anything odd at all about the mic-ing as one other person mentioned - all was perfect on the Stereo PCM track. My favourite tracks are "My Funny Valentine" trumpet solo and the Robert Cray number - but all are entertaining. I didn't enjoy the sax stuff so much... but that's just me and nothing to do with this disc :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yes! that hits the spot, 7 April 2009
It is a fantastic little collection. Excellent uncompressed audio and video quality. A brilliant collection of genius musicians. The eccentricity almost kisses you on the lips and tugs your left ear. Human's at their best, making sweet music and expressing the very core of human emotion in a way that transcends language. If it doesn't move you, you're not alive.

Legends of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis: Showcase [DVD] [2007]