on 16 June 2009
I just bought the latest edition of this game and it's great!
The kids love popping the bubbles and the sounds coming from the wands are just right (not too loud to get on your nerves but loud enough to hear during play).
The wands didn't beep when the kids were hitting the bubbles with the blue part but once they got the hang of bursting the bubbles with the silver antennas, they had lots of fun!
They played until all the solution was finished so I had to make some more. Here's a hint - just add a pinch of salt to the soap solution to make the smaller bubbles pop also :)
on 2 June 2012
this game isnt that great as the wands dont always respond whilst bursting the bubbles however the actual bubble machine works fine we use it whilst our children are in the paddling pool over summer and at bath times our daughter went through a stage of crying when it was turned off
i advise you to buy good quality batteries and purchase a good quality bubble solution and then youre set up to go, great fun for kids of any age!
on 21 January 2011
I bought this game for my two daughters at Christmas, my eldest aged 4 and the youngest aged 2. They have both loved playing this game though if I am honest, I feel that they enjoy it more as a bubble machine but thats kids for you! :)

As a parent, i felt the game was pretty durable an withstood the beating that most toys and games tend to endure from this age group.

As it only comes with one bottle of bubble mix, I do suggest having a supply in before giving this game to the child.

Its a nice, easy and fun game for younger children.... However, dont be fooled. Even the young at heart can gain enjoyment from bubble buster. (I caught my nan, aged 70 having a FAB time with it - she didnt want the bubbles to stop)

My only gripe with this game is, sadly, it will go for X ammount of time before stopping.... Once its finished, you can add more bubble mix but it wont run - You will need to allow time for the machine to dry out - This can take a while, and in our experience, is usually the following day before we can play again but on the brighter side of this issue, at least it saves on the batteries and bubble mix....
on 3 April 2008
We just got this and my son and I have been playing all day LOL.We love it, the noises that the wands make are fine and audible enough and we have discovered that the big bubbles are making them, so hit the big bubbles :)
on 22 June 2009
I bought this toy for my 2.5 yrs old boy, WE loved it. I found myself chasing bubbles with him and we had a really good time. My husband even filmed us as it was hilarious how a grown up and a little one were chasing bubbles. The bubble machine was tricky to fill at the start, it got too wet and we had to use the hair dryer to fix it, but this can happen with any bubble machine. The wands are really good with their tingling sound. All in all it was good value for money, considering that a simple bubble machine from ELC would set u off by minimum GBP 15, this toy is less bulky and more versatile. I bought it when it was on offer at half price, a real bargain, a pity it did not stay on sale for long as I would have bought a few more for my nieces and nephews. AAA+++++
on 27 December 2011
I have 2 girls who got this for Christmas (2 days ago) so it's too soon to tell about it's staying power but it has been out a couple of times. I love to play it just as much as my girls do. The wands bleep when you make contact with the bubbles on both prongs at the same time. My youngest is 19 months so she's too young to do it properly but she loves all the bubbles that come out & it's great for her to be able to play something WITH her sister for a change who is 3 & half. It's best if you put it up high. And you need to watch they don't get too close to each other that they end up hitting each other by accident!
on 25 January 2011
I bought 3 of these as Christmas presents back in October (trying to be organised). Just after Christmas one recipient complained that one of the wands didn't work. I read the reviews then and thought Oh no. My friend lives some way away so I only collected the game last week. It was too late to return it to Amazon but when I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS it said to phone 0844 477 8412 for assistance. A lovely gentleman answered the phone and without fuss sent me a new wand by return of post. Customer service doesn't get better than that.
So one wand out of 6 didn't work but the problem resolution was 1st class and all three children love the game.
on 15 January 2010
Great bubble machine if anything! Pleased only paid the sale price as will probably only really use it for the bubble machine as wands are abit of a gimic! Very hard for the children to actually get a rewarding 'ping' from the wand when contacting with a bubble. You really have to prod at the bubbles and at the large bubbles only at that! Also, my children quickly realised that you can cheat by touching the end of the wand or tapping the end of the wand on the floor. All in all, one of the best bubble machines I have come across so not too disappointed!
on 1 September 2014
Bought this for my 2 children after seeing advert on TV. They were very excited when it arrived, so I set it all up as per the instructions only the wands don't seem to always react when having contact with the bubbles which my daughter found very frustrating. My son however discovered he could make the wand sound by touching the end with his fingers and therefore kept winning the game. The bubble mixture was OK and lasted a while. I buy replacement bubble mixture but would recommend that you rinse before adding new as this clogs machine up a bit.
on 28 December 2011
THe bubble machine didn't blow air hard enough to create any bubbles. This was using the bubble mix in the game in doors at room temperature (around 20 degrees). Maybe if I thin down the mix it will work....

Even trying it manually with me blowing bubbles, it was very difficult to get it to 'ping'. The bubbles have to be big enough to touch both prongs. Just waving the wand around only worked when touching around 1 in 50 bubbles.

Daughter disheartened. I'm annoyed. It shouldn't be 'this' finicky to work.