4.0 out of 5 stars Bar bag got me round Cuba
This bar bag served me well on a 250 mile charity ride in Cuba. Very roomy, easily fitted to the bike and straightforward to unclip when stopping off. I would not recommend this bag if you do mostly bumpy off road as when I did one very bouncy section it bounced off its clip and landed in the path of a following cyclist. On normal road surface it was fine.
Published on 7 April 2009 by R. Burns

R. Burns "tartan reader" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag ...., 23 April 2009
C. Crossman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
Great Bag for general use. Ideal for family rides and gentle touring.
Very useful for holding your phone, camera and other items that you might want to grab easily without getting off the bike.Just stop, unzip and its right there in front of you.
Only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is the clip, its just a little flimsy. The bag can come off the bars too easily if you hit a bump.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem mounting bracket, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
The bag itself appears to be well enough made, but the mounting arrangement forces the bag to sit up very high; several inches above the handlebars. Both my solo bike and my tandem have straight handlebars with an overall width of about 23 inches, measured in a straight line, and once the bracket is mounted there is insufficent room on either bike for the bag to clear the ends of the brake levers, making it impossible for the bag to attach to its bracket.

Not wishing to go to the hassle of returning the bag, I made up an aluminium bracket which I fitted to the stem with 4 X 1 inch bar attached. I then fitted the plastic bracket supplied to the short piece of bar which makes the bag sit lower and further forward. The bag now fits below the brake levers, and looks better in its new position too.

I'm surprised no one else reviewing this product appears to have had this trouble, but you might do well to check your measurements carefully before ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storage but bracket not quite good enough, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
I used this for 3 days on the C2C cycle. Great little bag with internal and external pockets to keep all your bits and pieces secured. The velcro map cover also works well. Good to be able to pull it off the bag and take a glance as you whizz along. Did come off once but I was probably doing more than 40mph downhill.

Only reason not 5* is the bracket fixing. Bracket is ok but if you put quite a lot of weight in the bag the bag droops a bit

Still a good buy though and something I will continue to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful handlebar bag, 16 May 2011
Herb25 "Herb" (East Dunbartonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
This bag has loads of little pockets which are great for storing a variety of small bits and bobs inside and out. The fitting instructions are good and clear. There's a very handy over-shoulder carrying strap included as well as a rain cover. It fits very tightly against the brake cables etc but they still work fine on my raleigh bike. I can't see this one coming off from its fittings in a hurry - despite the numerous potholes round our way as the catch is very tight - in fact it gives me quite a job to detach it when I want to - using the handle of a key seems to do the job best and saves my nails from breaking..... but better than having the thing jumping about at inconvenient moments. Main disappointment was with the lack of colour mine came with - black and grey - no blue in sight (unlike the photo)...... Overall very pleased with it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handle bar bag, 8 May 2011
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
This bag is ideal. It has so many pockets that everything can be stored in a specific place, you just have to remember where you put things. If you want to use a cool bag they fit inside but we found that food and drinks didn't get warm anyway. The rain cover is a great idea and also help with visibility if the weather is a bit overcast.
We are really pleased with this product and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Handle Bar bag, 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
Does what it says on the tin. I only use it to carry small bits of shopping, newspaper etc. & it does it well.
If you were going on a trek it would have very limited space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
Bought this bag prior to a 180 mile trip.
Does what it says on the tin.
Bag droops a little from the bracket but at this price, who cares!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and reliable, 8 July 2009
Toby Speight (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
I bought this for a trip to the Western Isles of Scotland, and it did very well on this week-long tour. Just the right size to hold a Landranger map, compact camera, lightweight binoculars and snacks, along with spare batteries. I didn't have faith in the supplied map case, but I used the GPS holder to attach my Garmin eTrex for the trip - make sure to use the clip, and don't just rely on the velcro!

Unlike the other reviewers, I had no problem with the clip to the handlebar bracket. The only problem I've not solved is that I no longer have handlebar space for my front light - not a problem in the Highlands in mid-summer, but I'll need to find a solution before too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Avenir Pioneer Handlebar Bag With Quick Release (Sports)
Having researched handlebar bags quite carefully and decided this looked pretty good, I wasn't disappointed. It's very well-designed and made. Haven't tried it on seriously bumpy ground yet, but can't imagine it falling off as mentioned in an earlier review, so maybe they've improved the design. A bit of droop if the brackets aren't very tightly screwed on, but that's not really a problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›