5.0 out of 5 stars good product
Published on 9 Oct 2009 by Andrew Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars small, small
I was very disappointed with this product. The panniers are tiny, too small to be really of any use. Rucksack holds
more but difficult to use. Much better off with two decent size side panniers than this and there are many good ones available. Avenir Triple Pannier Deluxe 40 Litre
Published on 28 Jun 2010 by mc

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 9 Oct 2009
Andrew Fox (Wakefield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
Half the price of any other bags i had seen. clipped straight onto my generic cycle rack in seconds. The detachable rucksack is a good size, i get all my fresh veg and meat for the week in it. the panniers are smaller than they look but coupled with the rucksack the combination is big enough for a week cycling and camping (fair weather only) The whole combination is fully waterproof and well made. well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Versatile ..... but small for big Shopping trips, 21 May 2010
Mr. C. Smith "Wisafa" (Hartlepool, Co Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
I bought these panniers to replace ones stolen with my old bike. My old ones were 54 litre triple panniers (Agu 140) which I used for shopping as the main function. These allowed me to put 2 large carriers straight in either side pannier bag and either bread, large cereal box or another large carrier in the top pannier.

These are 14 litre smaller, but I thought it would still be OK. Unfortunately the side pockets on the the Avenir panniers don't allow me to do this, It is a stuggle to pack partly due to the reduced dimensions of the side panniers, and that the top of the panniers (the rucksack part) overhangs the side pockets making it hard to drop the bags in.

There are plenty of positives though.

The panniers are stylish and the extremely well made and thanks to the 600 denier material are sturdy, strong and keep their shape. Although not yet tested in the rain I am confident the water to stay out. The zips on the pockets are sturdy, a little stiff at first but are more pliable after a couple of weeks use.

The detachable rucksack is well made with padded shoulder and waist straps and a top loop handle to just cary if you prefer. Stylish on it's own and very useful for taking accessories you do not want to leave with the bike (helmet, lights, cycle computer, clothing etc).

Excellent product, would have preferred the side panniers with extra capacity for my shopping trips, but would be ideal for general commute to work ( which I also do).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent touring panniers, 12 July 2010
PS (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
I took these panniers on a week-long cycle trip to Holland and I was delighted with them. They clip on to the pannier rack & there are 6 ties to hold them firmly in place. It takes about 5 mins to fit them properly.
The real joy of this pannier set is the detachable rucksack. Cycling with a rucksack on your back is a sweaty & uncomfortable business but this one zips neatly across the tops of the panniers (and is still easily accessible when mounted). At the end of the day, I could detach it and head off into town with it.
The only criticism I have is that the wee double pockets at the rear are too small & it might have been better to either combine them into larger single pockets or just incorporate them altogether to make the side-panniers larger. I had good weather so I can't say anything about how waterproof it is. Some people may find 40 litres to be a bit restrictive but I managed happily for a whole week.
I have no hesitation giving these the thumbs-up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
I spend way to much time researching products before I buy. My pannier purchase was not the exception. I need to carry clothes, shoes, laptop, towel, lunch, lock, tools, water, etc. with me to the gym and to work everyday. I shower at work so I need to be able to carry these items from my bike into work and then back to my bike when I leave. This pannier is perfect for this. The detachable back pack is great for carrying my clothes and my collapsible lunch bag fits in one saddle and my towel in the other. The small pockets are great for tools, sunglasses, energy bars, spare batteries, and my garage door fob. The backpack is easy to zip on and unzip off the bike and has a handle on the top as well as straps. The backpack has enough room for shoes, pants, shirt, and toiletries. The fabric is robust and the zippers are sealed. I can't say if this pannier is water proof as I haven't rode in a good rain yet but the design is obviously water resistant. The pannier has plastic clips that clip to the rack and then straps that strap it on. This is my only complaint. The plastic clips don't hold solid to my rack as the diameter of my rack is too large for the clips, so if the straps loosen up a bit (and they will) then the bag can jump off the clips over bumps. This isn't really noticeable while riding but for me it is a nuisance. Keeping the straps good and tight will eliminate this problem but a better clip design would be the only improvement that I can think of for this product. Oh yeah, the price was fantastic compared to other bags.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 13 Sep 2010
Paul T. Mccarthy "Paulo" (Paulo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
Good value strongish pannier bags, large capacity and well organised panniers. I use them most days and they are versatile enough to use for shopping, work and mooching. I would recommend them, not had them soaked yet so not sure of rain performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars a trip to france, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
these bags are great value for money. Me and a friend were both on a budget and had a cycle trip planned from dunkerque to Cannes in the south of france. The trip lasted two months and the bags withstood rain as well as the blistering heat and fitted nicely on my back panniers. The bags are spacious with a detachable top ruck sack that came in very handy. the material is strong and durable and also keeps out water pretty well although in hindsight plastic bag interior would help.

In conjunction with the expense of a couple of bin bags i doubt there are many better quality panniers and they served me very well. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust and well made, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
If you need panniers to be removeable these may not be for you. They are a bit faffy to get on and off, but that suits me because mine stay put. I find Avenir stuff to be well made and reliable. They do what they are supposed to. The concept here is the two side panniers stay put on the bike while the top one unzips and doubles as a rucksack. I haven't needed to use it like that but the flexibility is great. Mine must be three months old and I can't fault them. I would buy them again - if these ever wear out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good features and larger than I thought, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
Having read the previous reviews before I bought it where many of them say it's too small I was a bit worried about the size. However my surprise was how big it is. Agree the smaller side pockets on the side pockets! could be a bit larger. I don't see the need for the small pockets underneath - in my view it would be better to have them running the whole way down. Besides that I love the small pockets this have. I bought it to cycle to work where I some times need to carry my laptop (incl. cables, headphone, mouse), changing clothes and shoes, and gym clothes and shoes. This can all easily fit in, and my laptop can fit in all three larger compartments. Love the fact that you can detach the rug sack and that the whole thing easily clips onto the rack and stays put even on off road rides. Other great features are the reflexes that makes sure you are seen in the dark and the small gaps on the rug sack where I can just perfectly fit my back light. As others have said I doubt it is waterproof, so better make sure to wrap you content in plastic bags if riding in the rain. Measurements (I always find those nice to have): Max height with ruck sack 45 cm. Side panniers: height 34 cm, with 30 cm large compartment only, 39 cm incl, small pocket, depth 10 cm large compartment only, 15 cm with small pocket. Rug sack on its own: height 45 cm height, with 32 cm, depth 12 cm. Please note these are approximate measures as I have been able to measure them.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
This bag has been amazing so far. I reead other people reviews saying that it was too small. I used for a bike tour in Estonia and it fulfilled the need of a 5 days bike tour. It has also some hangers that make it easy to put it on the bike and the fact that you can have you backpack separated it gives a lot of flexibility. At the end of my journey I thought it was worth it even if it would have lasted only for the trip, so it is so far. I have to say that some of the zips look really fragile, so I don't know how long it will last, but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof ??, 8 Aug 2010
I. Davies "I.Davies" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenir Tour Deluxe Triple Pannier Bag (Sports)
I bought these panniers for a recent cycling tour of South Holland and Zeeland.
I found them to be a useful size and the detachable rucksack is a handy feature for spontaneous shopping stops !
I was caught in a heavy downfall, and YES - the panniers did fill with water.
This was not a problem since I noticed they are described as showerproof so I lined the panniers with rucksack liners.
So be aware - they are NOT waterproof ( only Ortlieb can claim that description) but for the money they are good value and perform well.

Avenir ACB932 Triple Pannier Deluxe - Black