5.0 out of 5 stars Accomplished debut from Coventry's finest
After a gruelling schedule of UK tours, two smash-hit singles and a whole world of hype, "We'll Live And Die In These Towns" the now long and eagerly awaited debut album by Coventry 3-piece The Enemy surpasses all expectations.

Although Coventry's unlikely looking new rock sensations are unusually reluctant to offer up the names of their musical influences, "We...
Published on 22 Nov 2007 by Winston Roache

2.0 out of 5 stars Jam on Ordinary toast with a Hard Monkey
Rollicking hollering and roaring out of Coventry's dismal suburbs with an imaginary chip on their shoulder we find the Enemy. With an entirely predictable distaste for rat-race subservience served with a slice of Jam on toast. The Enemy might lack the provocative political posturing and sheer feckless ambition of Shefield's Artic Monkeys, but they do share an empathy...
Published on 3 Feb 2010 by P. Frizelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace, 8 Oct 2007
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
What a great album. I missed all the hype arond them so I had no real build up to the album. Great band, and many great tracks on this CD. I was suprised as I am normally more into heavier rock and metal. But this is great rock / indie which I think is similar to that of Oasis and Blur.

Get it, its a good price too

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Live and Die With This Album, 7 Sep 2007
D. Reynolds (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
At first, I was a bit negative about the Enemy. 'Away From Here' was a fantastic track though 'Had Enough' got gradually irritating. However, I thought I would give the album a try and wow! It's awesome. Best album since 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' :)

There are some fantastic tunes on here! The album opens with the fantastic song 'Aggro' which is probably my favourite on the album. Followed by 'Away From Here' which i'm sure many of you have heard. Then it consists of alot of other fantastic songs such as 'Had Enough', the current single 'You're Not Alone' and 'Pressure'. These are probably the best off the album but every song bar 'Happy Birthday Jane' I really like! I've already listened to the album 9 or 10 times when I only bought it 2 weeks ago.

I really reccomend this to you. It's a fresh new sound to English punk/indie rock n roll or whatever you wanna class their genre as :)

Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars They've proved the pessimists wrong, 21 Nov 2007
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
Despite a lot of people's views that every single band that emerges should be as good as The Beatles/Stones/Clash etc, if you listen to this album, musically it is actually very good. i for one am sick of people putting down every band that comes around especially when they actually have talent. A lot of these bands such as the Enemy, have great lyrics which sum up the times and great passion for their music. So instead of everyone telling us to not believe the hype, i say we just separate what sounds good from what doesn't instead of just passing them off as another indie band. If another band forms who actually is up to standards of past legends then they will need to be given a chance, if not we might as well right off every band that emerges. (rant over)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Album this year so far, 19 July 2007
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
There are so many Gems on this album it's hard to single songs out, but the title track is the best show of their potential, and it's powerful both musically and emotionally. Still, no songs ever gave me the urge to press skip and they all stand out in their own way, without a filler in sight. The only track I think dips the quality is away from here, which is lyrically weak, but is still a decent track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - the album so far of 2007, 17 July 2007
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
Brilliant album - mean and moody with a lot of the specials influence as well as some thought provoking tracks to mix it up a little. I highly recommend this to anyone who knows good music when they hear it. Key tracks are aggro, we'll live and die in these towns (starts off a bit like "thats entertainment" by The Jam) and Away from here, but to be honest there isnt a bad track on the album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking debut, 10 Dec 2007
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
A lot of people have wrote this brilliant new band off for being a generic indie band and the next big thing just because they are new. Granted, they have the generic indie boy shaggy haircuts and the singer sports a bit of a pout but credit where it's due....how many times have you heard a song like technodanceaphobic, cheesy but in a good way...it's awesome! The keyboard is class, puts a smile on your face and makes you dance about like a prat. Aggro is a great way to start an album, it reminds me a lot of some of the OI! that was coming out of the UK in the 80's, loads of attitude and I reckon the strongest song on the album. You're not alone may be, as some people have branded a bit predictable but you can't argue with the sentiment and that it is one hell of a good song. It's almost a belated response to Maggies outrageous "enemy within" comment about the striking miners. If you didn't know better you wouldn't believe that they are a three piece band and they undoubtedly have talent. One thing I will say though is about a song people heap praise on them for - the title track. People say it reminds them of the Jam. I wonder why......it's blatant plagiarism! I don't even need to say which classic it has borrowed from (it also reminds me of the boomtown rats I don't like mondays but I haven't spoke to many people who agree on that one, anyway what do I know?) but I don't want to focus on the negatives not that there are many. To sum them up, they don't sound like anything else at the moment that I've heard, they are still really young and will definately get better with time(not that I want to patronise them, it's just a fact) and they have already released at least two songs that will be remembered for years to come (away from here won't get out of your head once it's in!)We should be glad these indie (I hate that word but it's not like you can call it alternative these days)bands are doing the business-it wasn't long ago all we had was dance, r and b and hip hop in the charts, keep it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 1 Feb 2014
My favourite album of the three that the Enemy have produced so far. No real filler tracks, it's a good album to listen to rather than owning only for the singles

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought and someone told me this group reminded them of The Jam., 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as some told me that they reminded them of the Jam. The group has an energy about them and after several listens there are some songs that a Jam fan might like. Be open to the music for the first several listens and remember that there are no more new Jam songs.... Try something new alongside the old masters.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Dec 2013
Don't bother with their other albums but this is a complete work of art. Even if you don't like rock you should enjoy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab album, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: We'll Live And Die In These Towns (Audio CD)
Love this album, great music and very catchy, often listen to it doing my housework...excellent condition, as described...thanks very much

We'll Live And Die In These Towns
We'll Live And Die In These Towns by The Enemy (Audio CD - 2007)