5.0 out of 5 stars Krypton torch
I bought this torch in October 2010 and was impressed with it more or less as soon as I took it from it's box. I bought it as an aid to my DIY jobs. It has an excellent beam, is sturdy and robust and has weight in it, not light and flimsy, it has a protective rubber housing around the reflector glass, which is a good 10cm in diameter.

The DOWNSIDE! 1):-It...
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by Harry- Scotland

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable
We live in a very rural area and bought this based on the details given on Amazon. Like others have experienced, the battery of this drains very quickly, far less than the time stated and it has left us stranded a few times. Takes a full overnight charge and then is useless again after minutes of use, not hours. Too unreliable.
Published 11 months ago by ronnie goodyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Krypton torch, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sealey 3000000 Candlepower 1W Cree LED Rechargeable Lantern (DIY & Tools)

The DOWNSIDE! 1):-It states in the safety instructions that you shouldn't leave it on charge for more than 24hrs as explosive gas will be generated!(We all leave torches on charge and forget about them!)
2):- In order to recharge the torch you need to remove the housing reflector glass by unsrewing it and that's where the charging socket is located where you pop in the charge cable A bit of a guddle really! I'm sure the makers could have put the charging socket on the external casing of the torch.

Apart from these 2 downside points I'm still happy with it and would recommend it as a DIY houshold accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Torch: reliable, powerful, 15 Nov 2010
R. A. Camp (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We live in a rural area without street lights; thus, even to get 50 yards to the garage, we need a torch. Most torches give up after a while, and/or need re-charging frequently. This torch has had daily use for over a month, without needing yet to be re-charged. Very powerful, and good for spotting wildlife in the dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sealey Rechargeable Lantern, 7 Jan 2011
I bought this lantern to replace a different make which failed when its circuit board failed. Keep it simple next time, avoid circuit boards which power high intensity bulbs!

This Sealey is a nicely made conventional bulb lantern. I like the battery capacity and the beam strength. I believe that the lantern could be waterproof but I have not tested this feature.

To charge the battery, the reflector has to be removed to access the charging socket inside the torch. This a niggle, but could a design requirement to keep it waterproof.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a Torch/Lantern ? This is a good one !, 27 Nov 2012
Living in the countryside with no street lighting , and having to walk a black dog in pitch black conditions is a big challenge. Choosing the right sort of torch to take out with me was an even bigger challenge, as there is a very large choice on the market. However, after having chosen the Sealey AK433 - I have not been disappointed . First impression - it is very light to carry. It has a switchable facility from a long main beam and short "neon" type facility. My desire to use it immediately was frustrated by a warning not to use it until an 8 hour initial charging period was over, but after that - superb. Light in weight and easy to carry, it holds a charge for a considerable amount of time , and thus far, I cannot fault it. On returning home, it is stored near the door, and being compact , it takes up a minimum amount of space. I am very pleased with the product, and the choice I made to obtain it.

5.0 out of 5 stars KRYPTON LANTERN, 22 Oct 2012
I bought this torch because i was fed up with buying D batteries for my old torch. Apart from the environmental issues it was costing me a pretty penny. This torch is a great piece of kit, it has an excellent beam. Sealey have resolved the issue stated by previous customers by repositioning the recharging point to the external casing, so no need to remove the cover. I haven't noticed any other issues that I've read about so full marks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good torch, 17 April 2012
Good quality torch, which is more solid and has a longer battery life than other models I have bought. If you need to charge it a lot, then removing the face to get at the charging point is a bit annoying - but this is the sacrifice you make for having it be water resistant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand lamp, 15 Feb 2012
I have had a few of these and they have never lasted very long, this one is super. Holds a charge and is sturdy. Well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable, 11 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown, 11 Sep 2013
Torch works but is more like a laser than a torch. Sealey have used same part no for 2 different torches. The 3000000 cred led lantern is no use as a garden or walking torch. The picture is of a Krypton bulb torch with a good beam but is no longer available from sealey. Don't buy the new model its useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good rechargeable torch received, 16 Oct 2012
I'm not sure it's the torch I ordered as the torch pictured at the time on the order page was different. The Sealey AK433 arrived. The Sealey AK433 looks like the current picture (Oct 2012) - a red reflector housing with the switch, charging point and LED on the side.
I bought the torch to replace one (completely different torch and supplier) that started smoking when the lead acid battery started leaking.
The first thing I noticed was the weight - it's much lighter than I expected. I've used the torch for a while now and the battery seems to last for many hours. The main light beam (LED) is good but the side light is weaker and could be better. The description suggests the torch would float, which it seems it might, but I'm pretty sure the torch isn't waterproof and I doubt the torch would still work when retrieved from the water.
The handle is adjustable but isn't shaped so the torch can be easily balanced on it (for hands free use).