Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 November 2007
This is one of the must have albums for soul music lovers.I did not know anything about Ledisi until I bought her album through a recommendation from Amazon. Only one song is disappointing in my opinion,the rest are marvellous.She is a blend of Jill Scott and Angie Stone. Her voice is so matured. I strongly recommend this album.
on 30 November 2007
.....& released a truly wonderful & 'must have' album. Although the signing to a major label has meant a more polished production the big strong soulful voice is still there in all it's glory. Too many great tracks to mention & if you do enjoy go back a buy 'Soulsinger' & 'Feeling Orange Sometimes Blue' for two of the best albums of the last years & if you get the chance try & catch the amazing live performances of this true talent.
on 15 July 2012
Ledisi has a very powerful voice and this was displayed so well on her debut album "Soulsinger" released back in 2000. 7 years later, her third album "Lost & Found" is released. Unfortunately, it is much less energetic and contains some surprisingly dull moments, but it also has some very well composed songs which allow that beautiful voice to be heard.

The opening song "Joy" is quite a simple mid-tempo R&B track and leaves me wanting more, but "You & Me" and "Best Friend" are a step in the right direction, more soulful and melodic, and therefore more enjoyable. The first highlight "Alright" is a very groovy track with a fantastic chorus, reminiscent of Jill Scott. The second highlight "Think Of You" follows and is a very uplifting song with a great bassline and heartfelt vocals. Unfortunately, the quality drops a little with "Today", a bland Funk influenced track and with "Get To Know You", an over-simplified Neo Soul joint, but is brought straight back up with the Jazz Funk of "Upside Down" which has some fantastic changes in the melody and ends up being the third highlight. "In The Morning" is a beautiful soulful ballad with very powerful vocals from Ledisi. "I Tried" is an energetic R&B track with Funk influences and the title track "Lost & Found" is an emotional piano led ballad. Once again, I am not keen on "The One" as the vocal harmonies drown the melody in the chorus, but the final track "Someday" is a classy and fresh sounding mid-tempo Soul song.

"Lost & Found" is a little more unconsistent than I would have liked as some of the songs feel like album fillers, but there is plenty of quality on this release too which outweighs the negative. I would expect more from Ledisi on her next studio album, but "Lost & Found" is a good return to music regardless of its flaws.
on 24 October 2007
I had never heard of this lady before and my local cd man (Luton Market) strongly recommended that I buy this album.

This is a solid album with strong jazz/Jill Scott influences - my stand out tracks are "In the Morning" and Think of You.

If you like serious soul music as opposed to all the monotonous rnb nonsense foating around, please add this to your collection...
on 21 July 2008
This is one of the best soul/r&b albums I have purchased during the last 5 years! I like ALL of it! And the truth is that after "discovering" Ledisi, I was sure that she wouldn't disappoint me on this one! I believe she is one of the most talented and promising singers out there right now and this album proves that she is not just another "good singer", she a lot more... She is full of positive energy and she pours that into her songs so effortlessly! You go girl!!!
And to you people: If you like quality soul/r&b music with a touch of jazz, then you should definitely get this!
on 3 March 2008
I had not heard of Ledsi until Late last year and when i finally heard her Album there was some tracks that were familar to me."in the morning" springs to mind. If you say you are a Soul Connoisseur Then this is a must have Album in your collection. its a wonderful blend of Soul and hints of Jazz and she does have such talented voice, you just cannot go wrong this Album
on 26 September 2009
Purchased this album based on Amazon's recommendations and I wish I'd known about this lady sooner. This album is excellent, one of the few albums released these days that can be listened to throughout without skipping any tracks. I literally listen to this album every day. A great blend of r'n'b, soul with an edge of funk. Definitely recommended!!
on 10 March 2008
I was messing about on Youtube trying to find a video of Rasaahn Patterson, who I now know is a contemporary of this girl, man she can blow. Not one track on this album disappoints, You and Me & Get to Know You in particular just stand out, this a slammin album & I for one can't wait to hear more from this girl.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2008
First off, respect where respect is. The music man, otherwise known as Kayode hyped me to this, so much props to you Bro. As most know Ledisi has been in the game for a minute with two previous Cds Soul Singer and the lavish entitled: Feeling Orange But Sometimes Blue: The Jazz Singer Limited Edition] ]
I think this is a good safe major league debut. That whilst it isn't gonna hit the ball out of the park, hopefully will, with decent sales, allow her develop her craft on her next project.
The first thing that hits you is here is a lady that can sing. I mean really sing, and doesn't over sing to prove the point (often less is more, as some singers could/should learn) But what also comes over in many of the songs on offer is a sameness. Songs like' You & Me' 'Joy' 'Best friend' 'Today' & 'Get to Know You', whilst decent songs in themselves, have been done before and offer us nothing new.
There are some good moments on here 'I tried' is a lively number that works well and is among my favorites on this joint, as is 'Someday'. I also love.
At the moment I'm in the process of listening to her Soul Singer CD that my Brother lend me. Now this sounds more of the kind of thing that could have set her apart from her comptempories. Hopfully this will get a re-release because the world needs to hear this.
on 10 March 2008
I was fortunate enough to see Ledisi perform some of the tracks on this cd at the Altanta Jazz Festival and all I can say is that she is a consumate professional. If anything she sounds even better live and that is some accolade given how tight the album is. If you don't own it - what are you waiting for?