I bought these to use in the garden as many of the garden ties are too small if you need to train climbers along a trellis. These ties are just the right length and are very robust. There is no chance of the tie coming undone; once fastened, I could not undo one that I had tied incorrectly no matter how hard I tried; I had to cut it off and use another.

I think...
Published on 16 July 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Very brittle
These are very brittle, one must be careful tightening them. Never encountered a cable tie this brittle. Too tired to go through return process.
Published 14 months ago by Dr. D. M. Joshi

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable Ties - 300mm - suitable for garden use as well as cables, 16 July 2010
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sealey CT48301 Cable Ties 4.8 x 300mm Pack of 100 (DIY & Tools)

I think it is always best to select a tie that is longer than you think you will need as often the extra length comes in handy when dealing with tricky areas. Any excess can be trimmed off easily. These ties really are very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many uses, 5 Oct. 2010
John Meanwood (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I use these for securing the wheel trims to the wheels on my car, to stop all but the knife carrying vandals from stealing them. They are 30cm long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong and a good length – No problems to report, 4 Sept. 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
I bought these 6 months ago to attach a climbing bush to a trellis in our back garden.

I’d secured it several times in the past using different cable ties and they always snapped in the wind. Since using these cable ties I’ve not had a single one snap, so much so that in strong winds the trellis actually got ripped off the side of the house but was still fully attached to the bush…it created a different problem for me, but I can’t blame these ties for being too strong!

Since then I’ve used them for various odd jobs around the house/garden and they’ve continued to perform well. The long length is great, it saves having to join 2 smaller ties together and if it’s too long you can always just trim away any excess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable Ties, 4 Jun. 2011
Brilliantly useful things - good for tying stuff down fairly permanently. They tend to be single use. Handy for tying cables to bicycle frames and tidying up that ugly interior of your desktop PC.

If you're after a more temporary solution or you're after reusable ties, velcro or twist ties seem a good option.

Beware the typo! I'd like to have seen the manufacturer test these at -400 degrees Celsius. (It's quite a way past Absolute Zero, the minimum temperature theoretically possible.) I expect "-40" was the intended value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 Feb. 2012
Reviewing something like a simple cable tie may be unusual. However, I read reviews for everything before I buy, therefore as these seemed to have favourable comments I bought them. They arrived sooner than expected, did the job, seemed excellent value and the product was of really good quality. What more can you ask. If you want a cable tie buy these.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to review cable ties!, 27 Nov. 2013
Well they just work. ! can't complain. Cable ties are just ...well..cable ties! They are as described, no issues.Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, 20 Feb. 2010
Mr. K. P. Jackaman (Ipswich Suffolk) - See all my reviews
why would some one take the time to write a review about cable ties ? I will tell you why because these cable ties are very well made and very strong compared to a lot i have used before , i am in the motor trade and these are used for wheel trims and cv boots , tow bar wiring , great cost and great product . K Jackaman Ipswich

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, 7 Nov. 2013
More ties that I will probably ever need.......however really strong and do the job perfectly. Would highly recommend for a variety of uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for securing hub caps, 8 April 2013
Just the right length and sturdiness to attach the hub caps. Mine actually did not hold on to the wheel rim at - the size wasn't really compatible - and 3 of these on each wheel are holding the caps down very strongly. It was really easy to feed them through the holes in the rim. Keep a few in the car in case you kerb the wheel and rip off a hub cap.

5.0 out of 5 stars cable ties, 20 Dec. 2010
C. Baker ""biffo"" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
These cable ties are ideal for holding items, we needed to fix some metal gridding to a gate and these were ideal for the job, strong held the gridding tightly and can easily be removed with a sharp knife. Although they are available in local hardware stores and shops, they were cheaper and much more convenient to have delivered to my home.