5.0 out of 5 stars Proved itself in a crash
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: invisible damage, terrible customer service
Published on 6 Aug 2010 by R. Winchester

5.0 out of 5 stars Proved itself in a crash, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Maxi-Cosi PrioriFix Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection) (Baby Product)
We were recently involved in a head-on collision in which my 2 year old daughter was in the back passenger side in a Maxi Cosi Priorifix car seat. Even though our car was written off, the seat proved sturdy and safe, and while my husband and I came away with bruising from the seatbelts and I have a bit of whiplash, my daughter is completely unscathed, without a single bruise.
Yes it is a heavy carseat and I usually leave the fitting to my husband as I find isofix a bit tricky, but this pales in to insignificance when I think of how well the carseat did its job when it was needed most.
The very next day we went out and bought another Maxi Cosi Priorifix, and I would never go with any other now I have seen how well it does its job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe and Secure but also Heavy, 10 Jun 2009
This isofix car seat is not difficult to fit once you get the hang of it and the leg support is at the right length. Its nicely padded and our baby seems very comfortable. It is quite high so Baby can easily see out of the windows and the reclining positions mean she can have a comfortable nap on long car rides.

The only real drawback is the weight. You will definitely need a helper to babysit if you need to fit it before use as it is very much a two handed job trying to manouvre the seat and support leg into the vehicle without scratching the paintwork.

If you intend to leave the seat in the car then this is the chair for you (although it may leave a dent in your car seat), and when choosing a seat I always go for safety above convenience and I have no doubt that my Baby is very safe in this chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy with my choice, 9 Aug 2010
Very happy with my choice of second stage car seat. Previously had the Maxi Cosi cabriofix rear facing and was very happy with that, so interested to stay with Maxi Cosi for the next stage. I chose it ultimately however based upon the Which? review reports which rated this seat the best amongst all the second stage car seats tested. I also wanted Isofix. This seat arrived next day delivery, very quick from Amazon (thanks!) was already assembled in the box so no faffing around. I am 5ft6 9stone, not particularly strong, but I managed easily to lug this out to the car and get it fitted onto the isofix. It took me about 30 minutes and quite a bit of pushing and pulling to get into the right fitting, but once installed (and the green light system helps you to know its correct) then the seat felt very secure, robust, firm and above all safe. My little girl loved it from day one, it seems very comfortable for her and it has 4 recline positions so when she nods off in the car I can just reach back and move the seat setting several notches to make her more comfortable.
Its not the ideal seat to be moving between cars as it is quite heavy but we have no intention of doing that - we'll consider buying the same seat again for our other car if we need to.
Highly recommended choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proved its worth, 14 Aug 2011
Having run into the back of another car hard enough to write off our car, this car seat has proved to be its (quite significant) weight in gold. My wife had minor whiplash but our 18 month old was perfectly fine. This is a no-brainer car seat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Car seat review, 24 Jun 2011
Andrew Mclaughlin (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
quality of the item is fantastic. My only issues with it is that it's not as easy as the previous maxi-cosi isofix car seat that we had and the seat is much higher than the previous one making it more difficult to get my daughter in and out of the car without knocking her head on the roof of the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!, 7 Nov 2010
L. Di Sciullo "Ladisci" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item after being reaserching baby car seats for what it seemed a life time.

This is a great seat and my son loves it.

Definetelly I would recommended it to everyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: invisible damage, terrible customer service, 6 Aug 2010
R. Winchester (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Got on fine with this seat until potty training my son when the seat was around 2-3 years old. Took the cover off to wash it and discovered the part of the seat belt harness down the back of the seat (i.e. the section that is completely hidden in normal use) was badly frayed. This was fairly scary since these are what hold your child in the seat in the event of an accident.

Even worse was the response from the manufacturers (Dorel UK) who we contacted as soon as we discovered this potentially life-threatening damage. Despite the fact that the seat was no more than a few months out of its two year warranty, they insisted that we courier the seat to their service centre in Norwich (at our expense) and then pay them 50 to look at the seat, a process which we were told could take up to four weeks. Obviously, during this time we would be without a car seat; no car journeys for us for a month.

So by all means buy one, but keep an eye on the straps (under the cover, down the back of the seat), be prepared to spend up to 80 getting it fixed, and don't expect anything approaching decent customer service from the manufacturer should something go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this car seat, 1 Jun 2013
This car seat had great safety reviews, after being involved in a car accident we had to have both the kids seats replaced (everyone was fine) this had good safety reviews from Which. It's quite heavy but that's because it comes with the ISOFIX base attached, not an issue for me. It reclines nicely and my toddler seems comfortable in it sleeping well on longer journeys. like with most car seats it's a little awkward getting him in mostly because he's so heavy and our Touran is higher off the ground, minor issue really. Had it under a year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality seat, 30 April 2013
This seat is a great buy. The quality of the seat build is excellent and the price was very competitive. The ISO-Fix connection ensures that the car sear is securely held in place, and is easy to connect to the car ISO-Fix fittings. Also, the children enjoy sitting in the seat and the recline function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car Seat - 5 Star, 25 April 2010
My little girl loves the seat and being the right height can see out of window. Very strong and very safe. We both like the iso fix which is very easy to use when installing the seat. Also we like the indicators to tell us that it is installed right when the lights are green. Great seat and highly recommend. it is heavy but that is what ou get when you want it to be sturdy and safe for your child.