4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put on, but worth it
Any Screen Protector for the iPad is going to have an issue when it comes to fitting it. Unless you have access to an air-tight room there will be the odd dust particle around to spoil the party, but if you simply peel only up to the home button and gradually peel the rest off after, wiping with a lint-free cloth (like the one provided) as you go it tends to work...
Published on 5 April 2011 by Paul B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value product
TeckNet Apple iPad 2 Screen Protector for New Apple iPad 2 9.7 inch Tablet 2nd Generation (Pack of 6)

Published on 26 Oct 2011 by bassam hana

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put on, but worth it, 5 April 2011
Paul B "-pb-" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TeckNet® Apple iPad 4, 3 & 2 Screen Protectors (Pack of 2) Premium Ultra-Clear 4H Hardness Xtreme Scratch Defender High-Response with Lifetime Warranty (Electronics)

Took me 3 goes to get one right, but then with a pack of 6 you can afford to let a couple go in the bin anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet iPad 3 & 2 Screen Protectors, 11 July 2012
As is usual with any screen protectors, you read all the reviews, some singing the praises of the product and others say they are a waste of money or worse. I've used two different makes and to be truthful haven't had any problems fitting any of them. The only complaint I had with the last one I fitted is that it scratched very easily, hence I thought I would give TeckNets screen protector a try. First impressions are that fitting was easier than I remember that last one was and it's a much better finish to use so should last ok. I also think the Screen is more sensitive to use as well. One of the biggest advantages of the TeckNets screen protectors is there's six in the pack for under a fiver! How goods that?

Just a tip for anyone fitting a screen protector to an iPad or similar, I find that after cleaning the screen and clearing it of dust, warming the screen and the protector (both protective layers still fitted) with my wifes hair dryer makes the fitting much easier, just make sure you remove any hairs from the hair dryer before you start. Once the protector is fitted I warm the screen again and use a credit card to smooth out any remaining bubbles before removing the outer protective layer. Be careful not to overheat the screen or the protector, you may cause damage to both.

To sum up, in my opinion the TeckNets screen protector for iPad is not that difficult to fit, very good quality finish and superb value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than many Costing much more. Excellent Buy., 19 April 2012
I've tried several similar screen protectors, even tried 2 of the more expensive 100% bubble free ones's, but sadly they deteriate the iPads screen quality far too much to be acceptable, those BTW are only available in a Matt/Anti-glare finish, which looks as though your iPad has a film of fine snow on it, and everything looks slightly shimmery and pixelated.. so I would avoid those unless you have very low expectations.

The biggest problem AYK with these and other clear protectors is the difficulty putting them on without any specs of dust getting on the screen while you apply it, and I agree it can be a right p*g to achieve.
However, I do think that these type of clear protectors are the only type that do not noticably deteriate the screens image, and so is worth persevering with, that's if you really feel you need a protector on in the first place... though I suspect like me they choose to fit one.. just for peace of mind... especially as the wifes nails aren't all that short, or the grandkids get their hands on it.

Okay.. so what do I think about these particular iPad screen protectors, well, for the money I think they are a superb buy, they do the job just as well as some protectors costing much more, and considering they give you 6 in pack is absolutely brilliant value.

Unlike the 100% bubble free protectors, which do indeed fit on leaving no bubbles at all, but leave you with terrible unacceptable degradation of your screen, these do not degrade the quality of your iPad screen at all.. at least none that I can see, I suppose in reality soon as you put something over the top of your iPad screen it has to degrade it a touch, but AIS it's certainly not noticable at all.

I still struggle to fit these without any bubbles at all which is usually caused by dust particles, but I can now achieve 99.9% success rate with them. I strongly advise you do it in somewhere like your bathroom after running the hot shower for a few minutes to keep the dust down.
Give your iPad's screen a clean, and finally before attempting to fit the protector give the screen one last wipe starting at one edge and wipe in a straight line off the opposite edge. With a bit of practice you should be able to achieve pretty good results. If you end up like me this morning where it was near perfect with just one tiny spec of dust resulting in one tiny bubble then I advise you leave it alone, as often lifting it up to try and remove it can make matters worse... mine looks almost perfect, and thats near enough for me, infact you would not know it had a protector fitted, my tiny spec of dust is near the side, so it doesn't matter, and I know from past experience it's almost futile trying to get it 100%... it's obviously possible.. but I haven't managed to get a 100% perfect application as yet..lol.. but very close.

At least they give you 6 to play with, but AIS with care you can get good results first time. I have no reservations in recommending these protectors both for the job they do, you would'nt know I had one fitted on my new iPad, and unlike some others they are indeed superb value for money... the best I've found so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Screen protector, 13 April 2012
As per other reviews, I also ended up with the second cover as the first didn't stick properly; however I found that the first attempt, even though it fails to stick properly, helps in two ways, firstly it will really take off all the small particles of dust, and secondly you gain some experience and this experience will help you stick on the second with ease. I have had the iPad 2 since launch and still with the second protector- it has stuck on well and has not peeled from edges etc. it is easy to clean and has not impaired the performance of the touchscreen. I recommend this product simply because I have used it and it works!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 April 2012
Mr. Ralph Bennett "eyesight" (nottinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
I have had one of these fitted to my ipad2 for around five months now and it does not need replacing yet. I did manage to get some dust stuck behind it but its OK. Will know better next time not to allow the backing plastic to come into contact with the sheet,which was covered in static dust particles!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 26 Oct 2011

Unless Apple starts doing this themselves, I'm not aware of any screen protector that can be installed easy and/or from the first try. This product compared to a previous one I bought, is far much better, though I only succeeded (relatively, since could not get rid of 2 small air bubbles, probably due to dust) from my 3rd try, while the other product, I failed with all my 5 tries. Therefore, I see this product as a good value, mainly because of the very reasonable price, and that it has 6 packs in it. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, 2 April 2011
Its a bit difficult to get these on but thats not because of the cover, thats because the ipad 2 screen is so large. its tough to not have even a single dust particle in there to avoid the bubbles. I got a couple of bubbles but only on the edges none on the screen. All those who are complaining need to look at a youtube video of how to apply a screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 Oct 2012
I fitted the protector in the kitchen with an electric kettle steaming beside me to reduce static dust attraction. Smoothed the bubbles out with a credit card. Fitted perfectly, no dust no bubbles. In use I don't notice it's there. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, 12 April 2012
What a great buy at a great price. I had no problems in putting it on, just made sure the screen was very clean by using a baby wipe and then took my time in gradually pressing the protector in place. I am still using the same one 7 months later and it is still as good as new protecting my screen from scratches and greasy finger prints. Everyone who has seen my iPad cannot tell that a screen protector is in place.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money - don't bother!, 23 Jan 2012
Used three of my six, and the second attempt was better than the first, but after three tries it is clear I cannot get all the dust off whatever I do. The item appears to attract dust by static when you peel off the first of the two plastic covers so I have now given up.
(It MAY be my fault - but I was very careful and followed intructions to the letter; I tried the sellotape trick when all else failed; and it was clear I was getting nowhere.)