4.0 out of 5 stars vga monitor splitter
Nicely made solid unit - metal case - easy to use and works fine without loss of signal on either monitor since it has contains a video signal amplifier

You will have to buy a male-to-female vga cable as none is supplied with the unit.

A couple of minor grumbles - not too serious :-

- no vga male-to-female cable provided - annoying...
Published on 24 July 2012 by Martian Invader

1.0 out of 5 stars Flickering Makes it Unusable
Published on 13 Sept. 2012 by Denise

1.0 out of 5 stars Flickering Makes it Unusable, 13 Sept. 2012
Denise (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
We installed the StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter five weeks after purchasing as we were on holiday and required our IT consultant to come by and install. Unfortunately the device is inadequate for our purposes - which were to connect the computer monitor and television simultaneously to the PC, in order to eliminate the need for re-cabling every time we wanted to switch between the two (eg, to watch a utube video on the tv, or stream iplayer). Although the device fulfills the objective of allowing both monitor & tv to be hooked up to computer, both screens flicker constantly making them unusable in this configuration. We have tried adjusting pixel quality but it did not help.

And unfortunately we are not able to return the device either as we have passed the 30-day return window allowed by Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars vga monitor splitter, 24 July 2012

A couple of minor grumbles - not too serious :-

- no vga male-to-female cable provided - annoying omission
- no on'off switch for power
- no on/off switch to disconnect one or more of the monitors

All in all, a nice unit - does what it is supposed to do.
4 stars because I think a m-to-f cable should have been incuded

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Product, 13 Sept. 2011
Dom Haseltine (Marbella, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Great Product. I have an AV company and need reliable equipment. These work perfectly and would recommend to anyone who nees to split their VGA signal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Care, 16 July 2011
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
I wanted to add a second screen to extend the image across two screens and and ordered this without really knowing what I needed but when I called the manufacturer in USA to check compatibility etc with Windows I was told this device only splits the image ie mirrors it across both screens. Meanwhile it had arrived and is well packaged and looks very good. As it wouldn't do what I wanted, I therefore returned the item and Amazon were excellent and immediately refunded me for the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars VGA Splitter, 25 April 2012
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Very pleased with this unit, neat and "plug and play"no set up required. I purchased it not for the splitter function but because it is also a VGA amplifier the lengh of cable I had from a dvd player to a power point projector was to long and therefor the projector either would not work or it had ghosting on the picture, the amplification of this little unit is superb and cleared up all the faults

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 24 Jun. 2014
Peter Milham (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Needed this unit box to amplify VGA signal over a long connecting wire to a ceiling projector (so I am not using the splitter functionality). Only slight irritation is that I needed to buy a male-female VGA cable to connect the laptop to the unit, and that this cable needs to have removable thumbscrew sockets so the cable can be screwed to the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars SVGA Splitter, 3 Dec. 2011
Paul S. Attrell "Global Voyager" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Needed this to run a powerpoint show via projector off my desktop which has only 1 video out; Fed up with having to check it on screen then unplug monitor to connect projector, etc... Works a treat with no loss of signal

4.0 out of 5 stars Splitter satisfaction, 17 April 2012
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Installed and working with no problems, however a colleague has reported feeling an electric shock when plugging in the video cable. For a 9v device I cannot see why but he says that there is a shock. Beware.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
Good quality image to both PC monitors and to the plasma TV, simple to set up. Only had a short period of time and no problems with reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz (Electronics)
This is a very good product. The distance i used it was more than 30m with excellent performance. Startech is a good brand

StarTech 2 Port VGA Video Splitter - 250 MHz