1,243 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Search over - this one does the job and does it well
For those of you who have gone through a number of battery operated nasal hair trimmers and been disappointed on each occasion (me included) this one may just solve your problem.

Besides looking quite stylish it works very well and in around 1-2 minutes it will have done a good job of getting rid of all that unwanted nasal hair. Its angled design makes it...
Published on 22 Jan 2008 by Phoenix_Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Clean the head!!
Many people have experienced this trimmer suddenly not working any more and many people have had replacements. Ths simple secret is to run the end under a warm tap for a minute or 2 and it will start working again (as I found out this morning). The head does not even have to look dirty or be used much for it to jam which is why the instructions advise cleaning it after...
Published on 17 April 2010 by Gallilao

4.0 out of 5 stars stick it up your nose, 24 Oct 2010
Mr. T. D. Ash "MrLizard" (Mataland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
I stick this up my nose, turn it on and wiggle it about. When I take it out all my long nose hairs are gone, now I don't know where they have gone but they have gone.

This is why I have given 4 stars instead of 5, no one nose where the hair is.

after extensive research I have narrowed it down to 3 possible places:
* still up my nose, just further up
* in nose hair heaven
* on the floor of my bathroom

If I had to pick one of these options I would say it is still jammed up my nose.

However this is a good product, it takes a AA battery and lasts a long time, I suppose it would be improved if it was waterproof so I could attack my nasal hair in the rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this if it's growing where it shouldn't!, 18 Feb 2008
Martin Ryan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
If you've reached the age where hair won't grow where you want it to but it will grow where you don't want it to, then this is the perfect gadget. I bought one having read the previous review and it really does work and there is gain without pain! Neat and discreet with eyebrow trimming feet. Definitely worth the money. No more plucking for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a trimmer that works!, 15 July 2008
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
After trying and failing with several trimmers I am absolutely delighted with this one.
The success is in the design as the blades are at the side of the unit and when inserted into the nose you are able to trim the hairs around the inside rim of your nose giving a perfect cut as it extracts the hairs from the root.
The other trimmers I have tried had a different design with the blades at the top of the trimmer and all they did was just push the hairs up your nose rather than get to the root of the hairs.
The trimmer also comes with eyebrow trimming attachments (Short and Long) which I also enjoy using and give a very good cut.
Overall very happy with this product and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart little piece of kit!!!, 13 April 2008
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
I bought this after reading through the previous reviews which were very helpful. I have just used it for the first time.....
Err... WOWWWW!!!! Well done previous reviewers. This is the dogs wotsits. It is so easy and quick to use and it doesn't snag or cut you at all. Its almost fun to use, and thats saying something for a bloke! Nose hairs-no problems, ears-a doddle, and as for the eyebrows, my wife is in raptures by the ease that it cuts them so evenly and the look it gives me (I had to admit my eyebrows did have wierd life of their own, BUT NO MORE!) This is brilliant, dont look any further, buy one now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 19 Dec 2010
Shane Howard "S Howard" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
When it works, it works well, fairly easy to use and comfortable to hold, I bought one from Boots, it went dead in spite of new batteries etc. I took it back, they replaced it, the second one has worked for several months but has again died - new batteries are no help. Seems to be an integral fault, i won't be buying this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars You never imagine the day will come when you need one of these., 16 Jan 2009
doublegone (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
God I feel old. Whoever thought they would end up having to deal with hair not growing on their head and instead finding lots of new interesting places to sprout from. My eyebrows, inside my nose, inside my ears, the edge of my ears.....

Its like a second puberty. You either let it go and look like a grizzled old geezer or you try to keep it in check. Scissors are tricky. This gadget, I haver found, is perfect. Hasn't nicked me. Does the job, neatly and without any fuss.

I still fee old but at least i don't look so bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but I've used better!!!!!!!!!!!!, 14 Sep 2009
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Having read a majority of the reviews I thought I'd buy one of these and see what all the fuss was about!

I found the design nice and easy to use. It does cut through hairs without pulling. What I did not like is that it leaves the hairs at a stubble length which in my opinion ruins what is a good product.

On the other hand I have also used the babyliss 8 in 1 trimmer. This I found very affective and again there is no pulling. In this set is a foil trimmer attachment. Just twist off the attachment and replace with this foil. Its leaves your nose looking like there wasn't hair there in the first place!

Both these products can be purchased for £15 but Babyliss gets my vote!

Babyliss For Men 7630U 8 In 1 Hygenic Trimmer Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Your search for the (almost) perfect unwanted hair trimmer is over, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Please Click below if you found this review helpful!
----------
Item arrived with 3 days.

Features:
- Small lightweight trimmer
- Protective plastic cap
- 2 trimmers for eye-brows

Sturdiness/Cleanliness
- Pretty good. It feels like it could withstand a drop into the sink (although, not sure my money would be on it surviving a drop to the floor!)
- You are advised to rinse the trimmer under the tap after each use. This is great. It means no need to muck around with mini-brushes etc
- The trimmer doesn't come with a bag or case which means that the combs (which are quite small) are undoubtedly going to get lost sooner rather than later

Usability
- The trimmer needs to catch the hairs at the right angle, so needs some movement (which becomes easy after the first few goes)
- The trimmer turns on via a twist of the handle. This is fine except a firm twist back to turn it back off can result in the battery popping out...
- Its not too noisy, so can be used in the morning without waking your household up. The noise is only slightly audible from outside a closed bathroom door.
- I've been using it on the same battery for about 2 months now and it's as good as it was when purchased

Yes, there are a few gripes that I thought worth mentioning, but I've tried a few trimmers over the years and none come close to this one. You need look no further than the Philips if you are after a decent trimmer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful, awkward. Not a good design., 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
The nossle/tip is an inch long. The cutters are in the middle of the nossle not at the tip, so in order to get a trim you have to go a lot further up the nose than you would think. I find this extremely painful and awkward. I've previously use Remmington's nose trimmers that trim from the tip of the nossle and these have been very good, the only issue with those is that the blades become clogged and this design seemed more hygienic. However I shall be returning to my remmington's it's a shame I cannot return this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot cut nasal hair, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Although a novel design, this trimmer cannot trim nasal hairs. The cutting edge is only suited to sweeping the trimmer along the line of hair - so it's OK for trimming eyebrows or the edge of your ears (!!) But it cannot deal with "end-on" hairs like those sticking out of your nose or your ears. It just pushes them out the way, and carries on buzzing harmlessly. The claim that it does not pull your nasal hairs is absolutely true - but of course neither does it cut them.

I have found the best trimmers for these kinds of hairs are the ones with a circular head, which allow hairs to enter from the top.

An interesting new design but useless for its main advertised purpose.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer