1,299 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Search over - this one does the job and does it well
For those of you who have gone through a number of battery operated nasal hair trimmers and been disappointed on each occasion (me included) this one may just solve your problem.

Published on 22 Jan 2008 by Phoenix_Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Clean the head!!
Published on 17 April 2010 by Gallilao

5.0 out of 5 stars Search over - this one does the job and does it well, 22 Jan 2008
Phoenix_Jim (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)

Besides looking quite stylish it works very well and in around 1-2 minutes it will have done a good job of getting rid of all that unwanted nasal hair. Its angled design makes it easier to navigate your neb (and ears) and unlike other ones I have tried, this trimmer doesn't pull the hairs out (which can be quite painful) it simply clips them like a pair of scissors would.

It's easy to clean, just use the included small brush or rinse the end under the tap, and it comes with 2 eyebrow combs (one short, one long) which clip onto the trimmer to allow you to trim your eyebrows. These work quite well and do a decent job.
Also included is a plastic cover to protect the blades and an AA battery (which is always nice). One small problem I've experienced is that sometimes when you switch it on it doesn't start and you have to take the battery out and put it back in again. This isn't too big a nuisance and it only rarely needs doing.

The battery life itself is good - I'm still using the supplied battery after upwards of 20 uses.
In summary, this is probably the best battery operated trimmer available and you wont be disappointed if you buy it. I would fully recommend it if you can avoid the steep postage for this product ;)

UPDATE 05/02/2014

Since I wrote this review six years ago (which is quite a scary thought) I thought it would be helpful to update it somewhat.

Well, what can I say? I'm still using this trimmer and am still very happy with it. My original trimmer did stop working sometime last year, but since it lasted for over 5 years I was more than happy to order an identical replacement without hesitation (not much lasts for 5 years these days). Before it gave up, the Philips was still trimming extremely effectively and completely pain-free showing how good a device it really was.

My new model is, as expected, as superb as its predecessor. The only difference is that it now includes an image of a tap on the neck highlighting the ability, and the need, to rinse the head after use. From reading some of the other reviews on here several people seem to have an issue with the device ceasing to work soon after purchase. I suspect that the vast majority of these cases are simply where the head has become clogged up with hair. I rinse mine under the cold tap for a few seconds after every use and it has never failed me yet. So remember, RINSE AFTER USE! ;)

After six years of use I really cannot recommend this product highly enough and as long as they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent product!, 8 Aug 2008
Nicholas Blackman (Norfolk-England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Just wanted to add my positive experience to those of other reviewers. This really is an excellent piece of kit and I thoroughly recommend it. I previously had a Remington nose & ear trimmer which suddenly stopped working one day so I upgraded to this and I am extremely pleased I did! It is much easier to use, gives excellent quick results AND it doesn't hurt like the Remington did which seemed to pull rather than cut the hairs!
I don't understand the negative review which stated it broke but was out of the Amazon 30 day period as it comes with a 2 year warranty from Phillips!
I have stopped searching for a good trimmer as I've finally found one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Clean the head!!, 17 April 2010
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Many people have experienced this trimmer suddenly not working any more and many people have had replacements. Ths simple secret is to run the end under a warm tap for a minute or 2 and it will start working again (as I found out this morning). The head does not even have to look dirty or be used much for it to jam which is why the instructions advise cleaning it after every use.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW, 22 Mar 2008
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
I bought this following the previous person's review of the previous person's review.It's a great little product: I got sick of skewering my nostrils with scissors and pretending I'd had a nosebleed to everyone. If hair grows where you don't want it and doesn't where you do, it's time to get one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips NT9110/30 Nose, Ear, Eyebrow Trimmers, 10 Mar 2012
I found it very safe to use for the nose and ear. I recommend to anyone who is buying this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough., 3 Jun 2011
J. Marshall "Tib" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
These work pretty well. Since I hit 30, I have noticed my nostrils are getting hairier and my Eyebrows are getting more bushy, so I bought this.

It is pretty decent at trimming nose hair, but you have to be careful not to cut it too short, or too deep up inside your nose as it can be quite prickly and uncomfortable.

It also comes with some attachments, like little combs that you slide over the blades, which allows you to trim your eyebrows. This is actually really great as it really tidies them up.

Easy to clean, batteries last for a good while and you don't need to use it very often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 May 2008
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Excellent product! Does exactly what it should do. It also comes with short and long guards for your eyebrows

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 15 Feb 2008
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
This thing really works and unlike most of the other hair trimmers it does not jam or pull your hair out by the roots. As a bonus the eyebrow combs work well so you get neat eyebrows as well as ear & nose hair removal.

It's more expensive than most but well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 28 Jun 2008
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Having got tired of the ever increasing frequency with which I was having to try and turn my nostrils half-inside-out while I used nail scissors to try and trim the hairs, I decided to give one of these gadgets a go. I picked this one after reading the comments about how it does trim without pulling or plucking the hairs, and I have to agree, it works very well and is very easy to clean under a tap. The only problem I have is my nose is very sensitive and the vibration does leave me sneezing violently for a couple of minutes! But it is a huge improvement on shoving scissors up there... Surprisingly easy to use on the ears too. The instructions also recommend it for shaving the back of your your neck too but I think that is a bit beyond its capabilities really, my shaver seems to work just fine for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present!!!!, 4 Jun 2008
Taz (Leic, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
I bought this product for my husband as gift, and after a number of fail attemps with other trimmers, he loves this one!!!
The angle on the head allows him to do his ears without me having to help,( and yes I can do without that sort of quality time), and it does not cause any unnecessary painful pulling whch he found others did. This one simply and quickly trims the nose and ears hairs without a loud noise. Its also wash proof and you get a brush and cover to keep it clean.
So if you want your male love ones to look good without having to do an inspection afterwards then I recommend you buy this product.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer