5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on 27 Dec 2007 by Lynne

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 2nd time around.
First of all I would like to stand up for the people who said it was hard to inflate or went down quickly.

I bought two of this airbed and both had very different results:

The first airbed took a while to inflate and when it was inflated it went down overnight to almost nothing. Score 1/5

The second airbed was a dream to inflate (less than...
Published on 3 Feb 2009 by Mr. David M. Bainbridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 2nd time around., 3 Feb 2009

I bought two of this airbed and both had very different results:

The second airbed was a dream to inflate (less than 15 minutes with little effort) and is still fully inflated after a week of constant use. 5/5

I used the same technique for inflating both as per the box one was just made badly with a puncture and a faulty pump. I dont know how many are faulty if you get one that works it works like a dream if you dont then be prepared to try your luck with another airbed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Dec 2007
Lynne (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I bought this as i needed a spare bed over xmas. It inflated in about 15 minutes no problem with the integrated footpump. I didn't sleep on it myself but my brother said it was extremely comfortable and has actually taken it home with him! The one tip I would give you is to put a spare duvet on top to lie on, it makes it more comfortable and stops cold air from coming up through the mattress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, Quality Material, Comfortable and Affordable Bed, 5 Aug 2008
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I never had an airbed before, so I was a bit worried reading some reviews on Amazon. It was because the half price offer, I finally decided to order one. I don't know why others had bad experience, as I did not and I found it was so easy to use.

Basically what you need to do are:
(1) Plug the air outlet with a plastic cap available.
(2) Unplug the cap of the built in foot pump and start pumping. When pumping use a bit of your common sense so that you let the air get in through the inlet. Keep on pumping until it reach your ideal pressure.
(3) Plug back the cap to the air inlet of the pump.

In my experience, the airbed was ready in less than half an hour. In my opinion, the material used is rather good, quite thick to stand some pressures. The top layer is covered with a material that stick to your bed sheet. It is so comfortable that it is difficult to decide which feels better if compared with quality spring beds. Best of all is the price, it is now still offered half price by Amazon.

If I may suggest, within the manual printed on the box, there should be a range of recommended pressures to use, so that user knows the limits. Within the bed, ideally there should be a pressure gauge for user to know when to top up the air. These, however, should not significantly increase the price.

I hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Camper, 14 Nov 2007
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
Got this at the weekend and had it fully inflated and ready to use within 15 mins of opening the box.
Instructions were straightforward - though there is a knack to getting the footpump working properly.

handily - it comes with a puncture repair kit too.
The fact that the pump is internal on this bed is a big plus for me both in terms of space - and the fact that you can never forget to take it.
There is adapter as well, so that if you have an electric pump you can use that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price & quality...., 15 Jun 2008
A. M. Pink "A.M.P." (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
Excellent airbed paid just £12.49 which is a bargain price for a double airbed.

First thing I would say is footpumps in my opinion are a pain, so bought to inflate with 12v pump, which I purchased from argos for less than a tenner some years ago & inflated within a few minutes.

Footpump is still handy as it allows you to keep fully inflated, as all airbeds suffer from air seepage, over a 24 hour period & saves having to take airbed to 12v source.

Material is of high quality, no punctures here. Used on a futon type construction in our van & had very comfortable sleep over 3 nights.

I'm surprised by some of the negative feedback as I believe this is a great buy at a bargain price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good guest bed, 1 Dec 2009
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I bought this bed because we had some friends coming to stay and needed a good spare bed. I thought the internal pump would be good during the times when we didn't have an electric pump at hand. We tried to use it the first time and quickly got bored with it. The pump did work just took ages. If we had a lot of time and nothing else to inflate it with would use the foot pump. In the end we used an electric pump to inflate it which took a few minutes.

The bed was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be and much more comfortable too. It comfortably fit 2 people during the night (and then 2 more in the morning!). And maintained firmness throughout.

If you are looking for a good quality air bed then go for this one but don't rely too much on the internal foot pump.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanbloodytastic!!!, 19 Feb 2009
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I love this airbed, I purchased 2, they're easy to inflate, just as easy to deflate and amazingly comfortable!!! I would definitely recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflated after 1 use, 27 May 2009
Y. Muller (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I found that the product inflated easily enough, if you just use some elbow grease, or should I say knee grease. But after one use it no longer stayed inflated. I only used it on the living room floor, so I know that it was not punctured. The screw cap refused to lock it just clicked and kept turning. All my guest have ended up sleeping on my tiny sofa after finding themselves on the floor in the middle of the night. Will have to buy another bed, this time more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it!, 15 Feb 2009
Ms. A. M. Mushington (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I ordered this bed just before Christmas, to use as extra sleeping space for visiting family. The bed arrived special delivery without delay, so that was an added bonus!

The bed was comfortable to sleep in, and easy to deflate and store, so it served its purpose well.

The only draw back is that it takes ages to pump up by foot (about 15-20 minutes), and when you're tired and just want to fall into bed (Xmas booze and all that), it takes a toll.

Definitely a recommended product though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to inflate????!!! Poor quality material, 1 Dec 2007
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator (Sports)
I've bought this about three weeks ago and have been on two trips with my mates (we stayed in a scout hut). I have to say that althogh the internal pump system is a good idea it still takes ages to inflate it!! But the most thing i was upset about is the poor quality of the material used....after using it two times I had to use the repair kit two times!! It leaks like anything and after four hours u find yourself sleeping on the floor. We used it in a scout hut so there were absolutely no sharp objects or stones etc..which could have punctured the air bed......Anyway i guess that as they say you get what you pay for...i'm upset at the fact that now i have to buy a proper air bed..

Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator