on 15 August 2008
SuperLED Solar 60 White LED Light String
I first bought a set of these lights for camping. Going away for the first time in ages and didn't want the problem of having to buy batteries, but to use the lights on the top of the tent for safety at night, and to locate it after a few drinks.

They are a great buy. Everything that I wanted. They lit up the first night, stayed on the tent and are now, due to the wife, in the garden. So I bought a second set. The wife is delighted with the garden and I use both sets when camping for safety and location when I wear my beer goggles. Highly recommended. Oh, forgot the service, Superb and second to none.

What a shame. Just 3 weeks after I gave this review, the PCB in the unit packed up. I managed to rig up the PCB from an old solar light and it's working again but the second set that I bought are still working fine. So the result is now in the balance.

If the second set manage to keep going, I'll be happy. If they pack up after a while, I'll let you know.
on 17 September 2008
I was disappointed with these lights. They stopped working after only having them a few days, after heavy rain. I posted the item back (at my expense) for a replacement...and the same thing happened again after another bout of rain. They really shouldn't konk out just because of wet weather!
I havent bothered to send these back - as I got rid of the packaging thinking it would not happen twice - but it did.
It's a shame as they are pretty lights.
on 2 December 2007
When I received this product it looked really good, however when I put the lights onto my tree in the Garden I have been waiting ever since for these to light up even once. I was so disappointed that I have taken them of my tree and kept them tucked away until the summer to see if they actually work.
on 9 December 2013
I had these lights given to me as a present and I had them in the sun for two days and the lights flicked on the first night and lasted about one hour, the second night the lights came on again for about ten minutes then one by one the light went out, very disappointing. I wish I could return them or get my money back.
on 18 May 2008
I think these lights do a decent enough job, but the construction quality is pretty poor. I had one set of lights very dim and another would not work at all in continuous mode.

The weak point of this product is the very cheap slider switch used to set the different modes (continous/off/blink). I opened mine up and hard wired them into the on position.

Also one set that arrived was obviously a return as the solar cell was missing the protective plastic and it was a little scratched and mucky.

Having mounted them on my fence to get maximum sunlight they seem to get enough power to keep them going till bedtime, even on an overcast day. So overall once I had gotten around the defects, I'm pretty happy with them and will probably buy more.
on 30 November 2013
Ordered two sets for trees in the front garden over Christmas - cheap and cheerful for a short time. Sadly, although adequately packed and carefully handled both sets had to be returned, one set wouldn't come on even though the solar panel was left to charge in full light for 14 hours, the other set wouldn't go off automatically, had to use the main on/off switch, which defeats the object of automatic on at dusk/off at dawn facility stated. On set didn't have any fixing screws/rawlplugs for mounting the lights on a wall. Fortunately purchase price refunded in full, but the inconvenience of returning them (can't use the Post office - Amazon's rules not mine - have to use a courier service) was a nuisance. It was an item which couldn't simply be replaced by Amazon, don't understand quite why that was so. Had to purchase replacements elsewhere. Only glad I ordered them well in advance of Christmas.
on 28 October 2007
Do not expect plug in Christmas light effects - particularly in winter - it needs reasonable light in daytime to work. An overcast day will not produce much light at night. Fine for summer, but a bit touch and go for a Christmassy effect.
on 24 July 2014
Did what it said on the box. Have now been outside several weeks in some pretty awfull weather but still working perfectly.
on 4 December 2011
lights dimly lit for about 2 hours, even on a bright sunny day, tried the flashing and the on all the time setting to see if this would make a difference, so disappointed
on 22 June 2014
These were great! They charge well and are bright at night. Good value for
Money. Cover quite a lot too