5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..
Absolutely beautiful. I'm finding it to be pretty much a perfect thickness, it has enough give to do a janu sirsasana without hurting your heels. I put a folded towel on top for head stands, but that's par for the course no?

Published 17 months ago by Garry

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide, long, beautiful... yet slippery and very thin.
This mat comes boxed in a huge box, as previously mentioned. It makes absolutely no sense at all as to why a lightweight mat that takes up little space and could easily fit in a postal cylinder or just a paper/plastic bag, comes in a flat carton box that has the dimensions of 30' TV...

Positives:
The mat itself is nice, has a clean look and soft feel. It...
Published on 18 April 2011 by Filomila

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide, long, beautiful... yet slippery and very thin., 18 April 2011

Positives:
The mat itself is nice, has a clean look and soft feel. It is quite long and wide (among the widest and longest I could find). It is certified organic and machine washable (low temperatures).

Negatives:
It is advertised as being particularly well suited to Ashtanga practice as its grip increases with sweat. From my experience, it is quite slippery and it compromises my overall positioning during my practice. I am not an advanced yogi, rather intermediate level, however I've neved had an issue with grip on standard mats. This mat's grip does get better as you sweat, but for me it requires excessive sweat that I'd only get in Hot Yoga practice. I always use another mat underneath (standard mats) and this makes things somewhat better. Also, it is considerably thin and you don't get such good support during seated practice. Using a mat underneath again solves the problem.

Overall, it is a really nice mat, exceptionally long and made of organic cotton. However, it lacks essential attributes (see slippery and thin) and you need to use another mat underneath this one and even then it wouldn't provide the grip and support that I feel is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.., 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Rug Natural (Sports)

The fabric is beautiful, nice thick cotton, very rugged. Embroidery is lovely. I'm finding it has really good grip too - I had been using a camping mat but a tiny amount of sweat is all it takes to slip on one of those, this is brilliant, I've not slipped on it once .

Mostly, my feet slip away from me in downward dog (it's quite funny to watch), but not with this mat, able to hold quite still there.

Rolling it out and back again for my sessions is nice too - it's one of those items that has a beautiful feel to it, that's almost.. mysterious.. to handle. I treat it with a great deal of respect because it really is a beautiful item. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars luxury yoga rug, 9 Nov 2010
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Rug Natural (Sports)
Beautiful and nice to the touch! But you need a rubber mat or a grip towel underneath, otherwise it could be quite slippery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Mat, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Rug Natural (Sports)
Beautiful and with that natural feel only organic cotton can give. However, a tad slippery, and it rides up during certain positions. I still love it though, and would rather use it that the plastic alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Mat, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Rug Natural (Sports)
Very nice mat, I still find I slip quite a bit. Very good quality mat one of the nicer ones ive seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice mat. though it came in an absurdly large box, 2 Mar 2010
this is a nice mat..
it was delivered though, in a box that would be big enough to contain a large screen TV!!
so much for the eco friendly idea..

the light weight and flexibility of this mat means it really only needs to be packed in a light plastic bag (or similar).

Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Rug Natural