4.0 out of 5 stars a good game but with a few bugs
This game was received along with brain training & big brain academy & a sparkling new ds for christmas.

I really like it & have played it daily. The game unlocks new mini games as you progress & gives you an expression potential every day based on how well you are doing. It also has a high score table so you can compare your scores against family or friends...
Published on 29 Dec 2007 by Emma

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning to UK users : American vocabulary!
For me this game is ruined by the use of the American spellings of words. For example:

'jewelry' rather than 'jewellery'
'program' rather than 'programme'
'traveling' rather than 'travelling'
...and so on.

Also the game includes several stereotypically American words such as 'condo'. This wouldn't be so bad, but it doesn't explain that...
Published on 30 April 2008 by NumberSix

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for children 3+, 15 July 2009
C. Shaaban (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Thankfully I tried this game first.
I bought it for my 6 year old to improve spelling skills in a playfull way. After all the box says 3+.
Well the first game asked for missing letters in words like unloved und capital. Really? For 3 year olds?
Returned immediately.

3.0 out of 5 stars Error Message, 31 July 2008
D. Cameron (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I bought both Dr Kawashima's games before I bought this one. I recently reached a level of 80% Expression Potential. However, at the 80% mark, the game displayed an error message informing me that "This game has been corrupted and all stored data will be lost". I touched the screen with the provided plastic pen and, yes all my data had been removed.
I've had to restart the game and I'm going through the lower levels again. This is not a major issue for me but it is disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 10 July 2008
L. H. Healy "Books are life, beauty and truth." (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I love this game! It is wonderful being able to do allsorts of different word-based puzzles, and other linguists may feel the same, and non-linguists too of course! There are a variety of different puzzles, and different levels become unlocked in each of them. After each game, the new words reappear, with their definitions, which you can reread through, or choose to exit if you know them already.

Spelling, guessing missing letters, beating the clock on a lot of them, competing against a set time for the task, choosing the right word to match the definition, great fun if you like this sort of thing!! Worth spending a few minutes looking at the guidance for writing the letters just to get the hang of how the game recognises them such as E, G, but most of them are really easy.

Your 'Expression Potential' is measured with an initial quiz, and you can improve on this EP by playing games and scoring points towards moving it up, and you are given a rank such as psychologist, lawyer and so on.
A lot of fun if you like to spend time playing word games, and learning some new words - I thought they all might be a bit simplistic but they are not.

So glad I got this!

3.0 out of 5 stars nice puzzles shame about daily objectives, 7 July 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
at the start this game was really good fun to play, meeting daily objectives was fun but with everything unlocked there is little left to comeback to or encourage you to keep going.

the increasing of your daily objective results in you having to play each game at least twice which is makes daily training grow dull quick.

the games themselves are good but are overshadowed by the need to meet objectives, unlocking them all doesnt take long either, at least brain train doesnt require you toplay the same games multiple times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillinat...a must buy, 28 Jan 2008
P. Mishkin (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This really is brilliant and worth every penny. Great game for all the family. It's very interactive and when you have completed certain stages you will be awarded with new games. Its improving my scrabble techneques!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xafa855bc)

My Word Coach (Nintendo DS)
My Word Coach (Nintendo DS) by Ubisoft (Nintendo DS)
7.95