on 11 January 2012
I recently bought an Nintendo 64 console so I could further enjoy my love of video games from the past. Unfortunately when I tried to hook the console up to my TV -an Alba 16" LCD HD Ready TV- I noticed something. The N64 was a console released during the days of analogue TV, and the wire that came with mine was not compatible with my digital TV. Like Homer Simpson I let out a great big D'oh!

Fortunately after a quick search on first Google and then here on Amazon, I found the solution, this AV Composite Cable. It was easy to connect. One end was plugged into the back of the console and the red, yellow and white plugs were plugged into the side of my TV. I quickly found the correct signal output (FAV) and I was away and gone.

The cable is reasonably long, so if for any reason you have to position the console some distance from your TV the cable should cover it. The picture and sound quality were very good, although I did notice a hint of blurriness in the picture. I don't know if that was down to my TV or the cable or the games themselves, but it was only a hint. Text was still easy to read so there was no reason to complain.

All in all this is a very good cable. It's ideal for any N64 lovers still wanting to play Goldeneye in this digital TV age.
on 23 October 2008
It's a cable! Just a cable right? WRONG. Do you have a dusty N64 console under your brand new widescreen TV? Cant get your N64 to work by plugging it in to your AV socket? Having withdrawal symptoms from not playing Golden Eye for 3 and half long years? Hankering daily to blow your friends faces off with a remote mine? Shoot them in back of the head with an sniper rifle? Do you yearn to laugh at that big widescreen as you pump lead from a RPC-90 repeatedly into the thorax of your opponent as they lie on the floor in a secret lab before your very feet? You need this cable in your life. Golden Eye and all your other N64 favourites will be back in all their glory. It's not a cable its acess to a world of fun.
66 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2011
Well, not a lot to say other than it works! lol. Beats having to tune in the tv to the RF modulator, and it means I can hook it in the back of my DVD recorder to capture my gameplay.

Awesome! :D
on 10 November 2015
Finally I get to play my Nintendo 64 gaming system again, after loosing my cables (or more to the point the dog eating them) I was looking for a way to play my N64 found these beauties on here, bought them, now i can play all my old games again! I would say however the contrast does seem to be a little bit on the high side (some scenes are very VERY white! This can be adjusted on your screen of course but it is a hassle I would rather have done without -1 star)
on 12 February 2014
This sorted out the problem out for me, the cable works straight away and is a very cost effective solution.
on 3 August 2013
I bought this cable on the understanding that it would get my N64 to work on my modern TV. The jack fits into the output socket of the machine fine and the red yellow and white cables go into the side AV connector fine. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK. Waste of time, going to have to try it with a scart adapter (more money)

any help from other uses would be appreciated
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2014
There isn't any metal in the connector so is just a useless piece of plastic.
on 21 February 2013
Using this cable on a new tv has its downfalls. The image transmitted is really bright with high contrast causing whites to stand out making gaming pretty hard. This is certainly not the sellers fault as I looked this up and its a common fault. Other than that the service from the seller was great.
on 6 June 2014
Orders this product as my old cable had broke and it took a very long time to arrive nearly two weeks and when it did it didn't work which is very frustrating.
Only cost £2 but it's the principle of the matter and the time it took to get it back from the company would be a waste of time.
on 9 April 2012
Cable works fine, however the plastic tubing protecting the wiring isn't the best. I've bought two and both times the black wire casing has detached from both ends leaving the wire exposed and vulnerable to being ripped/broken. Given how cheap it is, you can't complain too much though.