Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2010
Dougie Maclean is without doubt one of my all-time favourite performers.
This is a double CD collection, full of the haunting, evocative songs that Dougie performs so well. They just get better and better the more you listen to them. It includes 'Caledonia', 'The Gael' (used in Last of the Mohicans, and my personal favourite - 'This Love will Carry'.

Pity that Amazon didn't include the track list, but here it is!

CD1:

11. Till Tomorrow
12. The Fair City
13. This Love Will Carry
on 25 December 2009
It's sad that this CD compilation comes up with one star from a previous review because Amazon didn't provide a track listing.

As it is this double CD is packed with sing-along melodies and beautiful lyrics which make it a good investment for anyone seeking a way into the music of this superlative performer.
on 18 February 2011
Dougie Maclean is without doubt one of the best artists to come out of Scotland. I have seen him live on three occasions and he has never failed to deliver. This album provides the best introduction to this great artist. Also worth checking out are Riof, Marching Mystery and Perthshire Amber, probably three of his best albums.
on 27 March 2010
Worth the buy to present a great Scottish artists talent. Why Amazon didn't print a tracking list is beyond me. Get it together people!
Essential is the word of course a good mix of Dougie's talent and wonderful songs.
on 30 May 2012
I heard a snippet of Dougie Maclean on the radio and ordered this double CD as he sounded really good. Since recieving it a few weeks ago I have been playing it almost constantly. Its the most gorgeous music I have heard for ages. His voice is superb, the lyrics are to die for and I am now completely addicted to Dougie!!If I could rate this higher than 5 stars I would. Buy it - you will love it!!!
I have hovered around Dougie Maclean's music for a few years -without buying anything! I saw the amazon reviews for this double album of his "hits" and decided to take the plunge. It is a very refreshing album and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like soulful folk music then I think that like many others who guided me - you will enjoy it too
on 14 February 2013
I first heard Maclean on You Tube and liked 'Ca the Yowes' so much, I listened to his other works. I then bought this. I am not Scottish, but feel the nostalgia for folklore and song. My father, who is a country music fan, also loves this. Ballads and country music combine in singing a story. Just chill with this and release that stress.
on 12 June 2014
Dougie MacLean is a top class singer / songwriter and this album proves it beyond any doubt. He has a sensitivity and style which is totally unique. His song 'This Love Will Carry' is probably my favourite song of all time!
on 9 September 2015
Caledonia is only one part of the pleasure this man's songs bring to his audience. I love his voice and I love his songs. This DVD provides an excellent flavour of Dougie's output.
Gerry Mc Menemy.
on 16 January 2016
I bought this for a friend in Canada so that she could educate her friends with the greatest Scottish singer songwriter. I already have a copy of this quality double cd. Absolute quality.