4.0 out of 5 stars The pure cheese value is through the roof!
If you love films like Dirty Dancing, this is an absolute must. Don'texpect a particularly intricate plotline, but all fans of salsa willappreciate the choreography. Great soundtrack, too.
Published on 25 April 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
I have to say I was highly disappointed with this film, despite the participation of some salsa legends. I would be very interested to learn how well this movie has done at the box office.
Published on 28 Jan 2009 by Chelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 28 Jan 2009
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
The story is very limited, which is OK I guess in a dance movie. However, with the opening scene being a dance number in a garage featuring oily mechanics with perms miming playing drums, the stage is set for a very superficial movie.
I really doubt that this musical would encourage anyone to play salsa, dance salsa or visit LA.
I stuck it out and watched most of the film, hoping for a good bit, but it never came...
If you want a whimsical salsa movie, try "Dance with me" - at least the characters have some .....character

3.0 out of 5 stars good music but poor dancing and the dialogue was not credible, 14 Jun 2007
There was lots of good music on this film but most of the dancing didn't go with it - I've seen gymnasts matching their steps to music better than this.The dialogue and acting was too unsubtle,abrupt and generally unbelievable at times.If you want to see lots of beautiful young dancers shaking their stuff in colourful costumes then this could be the film for you.But the love story and dancing have been done far more powerfully and persuasively on Patrick Swayze's movie Dirty Dancing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Remember its an old film..., 22 July 2007
E. Fairfowl - See all my reviews
Its nowhere near as good as dirty dancing but...aslong as you remember its an old film therefore...is very cheesy its great!The dancing is really cool to watch and for those of us who are salsa lovers...it teaches you the passion in salsa.Its got a great storyline aswel.On the otherhand...there are random bits in it which are not necessary, e.g. when Rico sings pretty much a whole elvis song in the shower and rolling down the stairs.A bit cringey but otherwise, great film.

4.0 out of 5 stars The pure cheese value is through the roof!, 25 April 2004
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh my dear Lord..., 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this a million times when I was a little girl and I remember how badly I wanted to dance and be in love - like they did!! Ahh

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film when I first saw it, I had it on video but since getting rid of my video player I never thought I would be able to get it on dvd as this film is quite old and not something most people would go for, so I am really happy.
Really good quality and fast delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Salsa, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
Yes, I did watch this DVD but I wasn't blown away with it but maybe that's just me. It was mediocre

5.0 out of 5 stars salsa dvd, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
BBRILL movie my daughter's fav as a child it'd got great soundtrack BRILL dancing interesting story. Was bought as surprise gift for daughters birthday she loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Salsa - total cheese but love it!, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Salsa [DVD] (DVD)
If you like dance movies and you like Salsa then you'll love this movie, used to own this on video and when I saw it was out on DVD I couldnt resist. A cheesy and predictable film as with all dance movies but highly recommended if that is you thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chick Flick, 31 Aug 2005
Story of two best friends one who is a great salsa dancer.
They are more or less like brothers until Rico's sister falls in love with Ken. An enjoyable film that I have watched several times but not really a film for the lads

Salsa [DVD]
Salsa [DVD] by Boaz Davidson (DVD - 2007)