5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published on 23 Oct 2007 by S. H. Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars RADIO FRIENDLY UNIT SHIFTER
Well, Puddle of Mudd were one of the best post-grunge bands to come out of the 1990s (in my opinion) and I am a big fan of their first few albums but I am sad to say that this album is average at best. And believe me, this makes me sad as I am a Puddle Of Mudd fan (been listening to them for over 10 years).

The problem with this album is manifold, but the...
Published 15 months ago by Man Of Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Oct 2007
S. H. Spencer (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Famous (Audio CD)
Now Puddle of Mudd became my favourite band back in 2001 when they debuted with Come Clean and I've followed them from an early teenager to late teens. But as with alot of teens you go from one band to another, for me not with this band, each album the band trys something new and each time it works. Now with their last record, it was not as good as Come Clean, but with this I think it equals in quality easily.

Track 1, Famous: Great track, very catchy, not surpriced it was a big hit in the USA

Track 2, Living on borrowed time: A grower for me, not to fond of it, but then again on every album there is, theres always one that doesn't qite fit in.

Track 3, It was faith: Great song and it really fits in with the album and the place in the tracks list as it's nice and slow, just coming from two fast and heavy tracks

Track 4, Psycho: Another great song with really catchy lyrics, should be big hit!

Track 5, We don't have to look back now: One of those great songs you can sing along too this one. Really good song.

Track 6, Moonshine: Another really catchy song that heads back into the great grunge rock scene.

Track 7, Thinking of you: My personaly favourite song on the album. Such a well written song that I couldn'y stop playing. Really close with Blurry and Drift and Die from Come Clean.

Track 8, Merry go around: Could of been a little bit longer, but again another catchy soon.

Track 9, I'm so sure: A great song for listening too if your mad about how people are treating you in a relationship. Good stuff

Track 10, Radiate: I have to agree with other people that this song sounds similar to Blurry from Come Clean, but I heard it was Wes's intention to kind of lead on from that song and it's meaning. A close favourite for me.

Track 11, If I could love you: A pretty could song, something missing from it though, fits in more with their last album.

Overall a great album and it gets 5 stars from be for 2 reasons:

1. Puddle of mudd came back from in some people eyes a disapointing last album.

2. They gave a great mix of hard rock and soft ballads.

If you liked Come Clean, you'll love this, if you didn't like their second album, then give this a go, you won't be disapointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars RADIO FRIENDLY UNIT SHIFTER, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Famous (Audio CD)

The problem with this album is manifold, but the changes in the band line up certainly didnt help matters. Paul Phillips is Puddle Of Mudds best guitarist and he had left the band in 2005 (but returned again briefly in 2009) and the drummer Greg Upchurch left to join the band 3 Doors Down. Christian Stone and Ryan Yerdon were brought in to play lead guitar and drums respectively.

More importantly the record sounds overproduced and the guitars have clearly been toned down for commercial radio friendly acceptability. Also the drumming on most of the tracks were completed by session drummers yet they named Ryan Yerdon as a POM member in the sleevenotes. (He only drummed on the single 'We dont have to look back now'). Wes Scantlin has gone on record to say that he thought the original mix was fine and that he disliked the final release mixed by the producers.

Having said all that though there is some good news as some of the tracks are good. 'Famous' is a nice song about the conflicts of fame, the grungy 'Livin on borrowed time' is an album highlight where Wes sounds a bit like Layne Staley. I also like the frenzied 'Merry go round' and the sentiment of 'Radiate'. It's these tracks that ultimately save the album!

Lyrically and thematically not as angsty as Come Clean, or as troubled as Life On Display, the message is much more positive and upbeat on this record, however this reviewer prefers the aforementioned releases and just hope that as POM continue to grow they don't lose their edge which has served them so well in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Famous (Audio CD)
Famous is 1 of the best Puddle of Mudd albums i have purchased. It is one of those albums where u listen to every track on the disc without wanting to skip any and then when its finished u want to listen to it all over again! This album is spot on for any Puddle of Mudd fan. Highly recommended. You can relate to alot of the songs on this album, as the album is set as in a story and each song tells a different chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Famous Puddle Of Mudd, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Famous (Audio CD)
Shame it had to ordered from overseas but was well worth it. It is an awesome album. Can't wait to hear more.

Famous
Famous by Puddle of Mudd (Audio CD - 2007)